Power in need of some TLC.

The one thing everyone is failing to mention, maybe because it’s obvious, is that Jacob’s Ladder is a Meele power. Meele meaning hand to hand. 

The game has a few Meele powers that have a reach I consider outside of Meele range but Jacob’s Ladder isn’t one of them.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

The precedent that OP’s suggestion would set would mean that almost every cone in the game would need to change. There’s way more narrow cones than wide cones.

Jacob’s Ladder is fine. Cross Punch is fine. Proton Sweep is fine…

You’re asking for a lvl 2 power pick to be way more valuable than it needs to be. You already have Thunder Strike, Lightning Rod, and Chain Induction for 360° AoE. There’s really no reason JL need to be, too. If you treat it as a ST attack with some AoE bonus, you’ll have a much better time.

And besides that, it is definitely able to hit more than one target reliably. Have you tried jumping before using it? That can help you get enemies in the cone.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Ston said:

And besides that, it is definitely able to hit more than one target reliably. Have you tried jumping before using it? That can help you get enemies in the cone.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:50 PM, squishy said:

Add to that the following: it is on a tank, you're not meant to be trying to place the mobs precisely. Moving the mobs, is the controller's job, well some controller's anyway

If you end up spending 5 or 6 seconds trying to align 3 or 4 mobs so you can get one shot, you're better off using 3 other powers in the meantime. Hence, the power become absolutely useless.

The tank's job is to aggro the mobs, and keep them around him. Placement and orientation on that class, should be kept to a minimum, simply because it makes no sense for that class and its function.

The author isn't interested in jumping over mobs or shifting to either side or taking a step back to catch mobs in the cone. The author wants the attack to hit mobs that are surrounding him/her/them without having to do anything to do so.

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

The author isn't interested in jumping over mobs or shifting to either side or taking a step back to catch mobs in the cone. The author wants the attack to hit mobs that are surrounding him/her/them without having to do anything to do so.

Quite right, finally someone that understood.

The power's damage, simply is not worth the time it takes to position a few mobs so they'll get hit as well.

while I will totally agree that in groups with, well, large group of mobs, it's fine as it is, simply because of the amount of mobs trying to pile on each others to hit you, making it so you don't even have to aim, just pick a mob at random and launch.

In solo, that power is rendered worthless by the time it takes to position yourself, hoping that in the meantime the 2 or 3 mobs on your ass haven't yet moved.

As stated by someone above, it is a low level power, and as such, having to take 4 to 5 seconds to get into a good position to use it, as a melee, simply makes no sense. I've basically stopped using it in solo, and reverted to using other powers instead. Those powers unfortunately, come much later in the game.

But once again, I will absolutely concur that it is fine as it is when used against very large groups, due to the fact they're literally walking/flying over each others to hit you, making it so you can hit a fair amount of them easily that way. Problem being, as it is a low level power, that never happens in low and even mid levels as you solo.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 5/26/2023 at 2:11 AM, squishy said:

I'm currently trying to make an exotic electric tank build, and while rerolling, I picked the electric melee as well.

The power Jaccob's ladder, is bordering on being a single enemy power.

This is due, I think, to the tiny distance of the power, 7ft, and the way mobs will be positioned and their distance calculated it seems. One mob in front of you, is already at 5ft.

From a post back in 2020. Jacob’s Ladder isn’t broken or needs to be fixed.  It is just a vary limited power.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.