stuck on Talon Island

savair

7 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

OP is going to struggle to get out of the zone he's in until he first finds a map and dictionary

i think it might be someone "educating" a speech bot.  But I am getting more suspicious as I age.  Not uncommon in vampires.

Probably shouldnt mention i stuck a rock under snarkys coffin cushion

not really important who wants donuts?

• Sad 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

SLEEEEEP!!!!

sleep.jpg

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

40 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

not really important who wants donuts?

Got any chocolate-covered, raspberry jam filled ones? 

Talos and First Ward with a level 5: sounds like the OP discovered the Tunnel System in Atlas.    If so, I recommend the sights and fresh sea air of Peregrine Island.  I hear they even have the carnival in town. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

i think it might be someone "educating" a speech bot.  But I am getting more suspicious as I age.  Not uncommon in vampires.

You know, that makes sense. I couldn't figure out why this person couldn't consult a wiki for the most basic questions.

NOT REAL! NOT REAL!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Damn AI, first they take out jobs, then our online games...what's next? Oh...wait...Skynet. Uh oh...

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

8 hours ago, Techwright said:

As of reading this, I'm seriously temped to make a character, and try to gain every exploration and history badge in the city without deliberately fighting anything, just run around avoiding all.  Leveling would be by badge xp rewards only, then maybe move him to the red and gold sides and continue that.  No P2W bonuses or powers, no other frills.

You'd have to fight something to get to level 2 and start getting XP for badge rewards, at least explores.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Because it is 2023 and those are the basics.

More specifically, LFG transport was the easiest way to guarantee that no matter what part of Talos Island the OP was stuck within that they could get out easily and back to a zone that is within their level range.

Sorry I tried to help. 🤷‍♂️

Don't apologize, but no, those aren't really the basics.  "Open the map and take the train" is as basic as it gets - no trying to fiddle with LFG or try to find someone (especially depending on time of day and server) who might drop Ouro or whatnot.

7 hours ago, cranebump said:

My question is, where the hell are they, that they're completely surrounded by 25s? Assuming they're far away from the tram, how the hell did they get out there? And if you can get out there, why wouldn't you be able to come back?

Talos. And how they got there without being able to get back? *shrug*

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

20 minutes ago, Greycat said:

You'd have to fight something to get to level 2 and start getting XP for badge rewards, at least explores.

Make a Peacebringer, do the tutorial, whammo...level 2 AND you can fly. Boom.

46 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Talos. And how they got there without being able to get back? *shrug*

Right but where in Talos?

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 hours ago, savair said:

I am on exselsor any help will be  appreciated

Sure. But first, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cranebump said:

African or European?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skyhawke said:

African or European?

Skyhawke is NOT a bot. I say again…:-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Can Peacebringers do the Tutorial now?

Ah crap, forgot that. My bad. 

16 hours ago, cranebump said:

I dont know but I sure do love Monty Python, you know one time I was talking to a guy online, who said he was the reincarnation of Merlin the Magician. I said if your Merlin you must know Arthur and if you know Authur  Then I have one thing to say 

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1