Kallisti Apartments [OOC]

Terminal

Q on current post

1) is the limo near ground level?

2) any windows open/ unshaded?  would anyone possibly see inside?

If you want to assume the Limo has since moved on to near the Christie apartments, go ahead. It will be at around ground level on a nearby street corner, outside of the actual bounds of the apartment complex proper. It will be hovering about a meter off the ground, and has windows which are tinted way too dark, ilegally might I add. You would still be able to see inside if you had enhanced vision, tech, magical insight, etcetera.

Some new developments.

@chase, the Flambeux automaton is now out in open daylight on the streets, do with that as you will.

@TheBlindGirl, Feel free to have Violetta remain inside the limo if she doesn't want to get out.

I had a primary effect in mind, but figured I'd open this up for the group:

If a nameless reckless neophyte mageling... say... used a ritual spell to imbue an impure artifact-- or an artifact of the wrong composition altogether- and compounded the issue by trying to rush the powering-up process with blood magic... what kinds of side effect might occur that could advance the RP stories of any other characters in the immediate vicinity?

Explosive post up. :E

@kallistiuk, not sure if you saw it or not, there is a response for you from me a few messages up in the IC.

Workin on it.

Very similar to the path I was taking.  I'd been toying with the idea having the spell misfire cut off the message to just the first half"no more games" distort it to something that had both metallic and demonic tones,  and broadcast it through everyone in the area, if only to make the crey operatives freak out. 

It didn't offer much but comedic effect, and some of that exchange was trending serious, so didn't want to change the tone, but some examples.

- upon hearing the telepathic message in his head, 3 crey scientists on the sidewalk quickly get on their phones Scientist A quickly shouts into his headset "check the containment of that thing in lab 16C" while scientist B shouts simultaneously "Containment check, 18C. ASAP."  As things die down, scientist C quietly whispers in his "yeah, Um, I'd like to request my project be assigned a new lab... yeah, 17C... anywhere but there, please....  How about extra shielding, then?"

- a few of crey security folk, upon hearing the voice, raise weapons and shout "cover the incarnate!" while a few more seem to be hiding BEHIND said incarnate. 

that kinda silliness.

Nothing to add!  Just found out this game was back up.  Hadn't played in years, but I would come in and check on the Whitmoore from time to time.  Amazing to think I had some small part in such an amazing legacy.  So glad everyone enjoyed the concept and ran with it.  Never could have imagined it would morph into the juggernaut it became. 

You all rock!

Nothing to add!  Just found out this game was back up.  Hadn't played in years, but I would come in and check on the Whitmoore from time to time.  Amazing to think I had some small part in such an amazing legacy.  So glad everyone enjoyed the concept and ran with it.  Never could have imagined it would morph into the juggernaut it became. 

You all rock!

]

Welcome back!  Now join us!  Please!

Post will be up shortly- more holiday weekend guests than I'd expected, sorry for the delays!

Ok, sorry for the delays and the novella.  Still more comfortable writing for Tabby and not other chars- even more NPC-ish things like Flam-bot.

I'm assuming all Tabby's "diva" shouting might reach the ears of some nearby ladies who are probably familiar with the term.....

I totally intended to write in something on her suspicion of camera-takers among the surrounding people, but events moved too fast.

Figured I'd make sure the mystery of Tabby's debt wasn't directly answered and tossing around some names of some high-dollar families might make some onlookers mistake where the money might've come from, or her interaction with those other families. 

( For those that need/want to know, I imagined Flambeaux was meeting with the same "community service" worker as Tabby (the city does try hard to offer some outreach/rehabilitation to heroes gone awry), but her bank cancelled her credit cards and she needed fare for the trip home. )

Possible threads:

- a disproportionately large number of Tabby's former classmates are now Carnival of Shadows, including one of the Fitzpatricks and the Patel twins.  They're practically Vanessa's target demographic.  Tabby doesn't know this, or know what that means (yet).  She's just heard rumor that some former classes "took up some summer job at a carnival or something and their parents are NOT happy about it."

- "Insane" Mary Zane is special- with a storied family history of wealth, necromancy, and "old blood" dating back to eastern Europe medieval times.  Mary was institutionalized just two months after leaving St. Ives.

Sidenote, if it looks like a Flambot vs Tabby fight is imminent:

- Tabby can't fight... well- at least not in the superhero level.  Some might characterize it as "catfight" with the hair-pulling and cheap shots.  (In-game terms she's a kinetic melee / willpower stalker that identifies as a energy blast/super-reflexes sentinel).  All that kinetic melee handwaving is her trying to conjure up an energy blast, but although everyone else she's seen weave the spell make big awesome long-range blasts out of it, hers fizzle and "pop" just inches from her hands.  Potent pops, mind you, but she's still learning how to make that work.

- to date, her most reputable "fight" (and frequently re-broadcast on social media) was her hanging onto the back of a Council operative who was about to finish off an exhausted hero in Steel canyon.  Although it can be considered 'heroic' since she jumped in to help a stranger, the fight was closer to a clumsy catgirl version of the third round fight scene in "Love On Delivery (1994)."  Youtube clips, sadly, highlight only the first 2 rounds, but real Stephen Chow fans have probably already found and re-watched the scene on Netflix. 

New hot and shiny post up!

As far as the tea party in the Kallisti's penthouse goes, I spoke with @Kallistiuk earlier and they mentioned the door to the penthouse has been left somewhat open - so others could potentially crash the teaparty if they like.

Tabitha's Japanese:

So there's an old apocryphal story that always came up when I was deployed overseas.  It was used to emphasize how many of our figures of expression don't translate well..  It told the tale of a marine (always a marine) that had the totally-original idea to learn how to say "F*** you!" in Japanese when stationed in Okinawa, which he researched on his own (pre-internet)

Unknown to him, his translation effectively translated into "let's have sex" which he'd shout angrily in the faces of locals that crossed him, much to their shock, confusion, amusement, and possibly... intrigue.

So, this tale from over 20 years ago comes to mind when I'm trying to find something legit in google for Tabby to say, and I thought, "What could be a more embarrassingly-Tabby screwup and simultaneously be a more pocket-d-stereotypical catgirl thing than shouting to a bunch of strangers "let's have sex." 

I could think of only one: add a working camera.

Alas.  Cthubuki's...err...  Vi's dead battery.

...If only there was a Kallisti-level celebrity recently in the area that may have left a small entourage of paparazzi at the apartment entrance.

Hah.  beautiful.

still mulling over next post.

I don't really have a direction for Tabby, but I wanted to start out with the foundation that self-image issues are Tabby's kryptonite.  Hiding who she is via the cumbersome disguise hinders her agility (they really do "rub the cat the wrong way") and keeps her off-focus.  Using her powers to the fullest extent is similarly limited by the fact that they don't work like she wants them to work.  She ignores that they're still useful.  (again: Kinetic/Will stalker identifying as a Energy/SR sentinel)

I intend at some point (maybe a nighttime run across rooftops) to bring out that other aspect, but a natural (non-scandalous) opportunity to shed the clothes hasn't presented itself.

Yes, "getting the catgirl out of her clothes so real action can begin" again fit the pocket-d-induced catgirl stereotype.    Totally unintentional, I swear.  In my defense, I hear it happens much faster in the stereotype.

Ok, so, Tabby's spells never go good for her, but she's had a bad day, so I'm putting this up to suggestions:

There are varying degrees of how bad this can go for this poor catg... feliform female.

level 0:  goes relatively positively for Tabby.  the kinetic blast explodes a few feet from her hands.  Not powerful enough to damage the fountain, but good enough to send a blast wave of water in an arc away from her and toward the camerafolk.

level 1: as above, but the sleeves of her hoodie draw a good bit of the energy, practically atomizing in the blast, too.

level 2: as above but the blast really shreds all her hoodie. 

level 3: as above, but the shockwave knocks her back onto her butt... quite literally outta those baggy pants.

level 4: who would she land on?

Keep in mind that her "battlecry" here is a bad translation of "f** you!"  so for any viewers knowing japanese, in the worst case scenario, they'd see her shout "let's have sex!", detonate herself out of her clothes, and tackle somebody nearby.  A bit much.

Tabby hates the pocket-d catgirls that validate all the catgirl stereotypes, but she can be her own worst enemy sometimes...

Looking for options that keep the groups engaged and/or pull groups together.

- "Running away" would be an option for T at this point- though she's got few places to go.  That's possible, and could let us 'time jump' to other scenes others may want.

- What's the way to access the building?  Keycard/DI could be melted, having her need to randomly buzz someone anyone (...penthouse?) to get inside.  Of couse, building security might have issues with her pursuers.

- Her (mostly) accidental act of vandalism could have her avoiding law-enforcement pursuit, along with anyone else who wants to avoid attention of the law (...the enemy of my enemy) eventually finding common shelter elsewhere.

- getting detained in the back of a PPD van while they "sort this mess out" would similarly work, but don't know how other parties looped up in that confusion would want to play out.

Thoughts? Comments? Smart Remarks?

Any lurkers looking for a way to write themselves in?  Send out hooks!  I swear Tabby won't bite.

1) Welcome to Hyperman!

2) Lost a post due to unfamiliarity with the new forum.

Regarding the next step at the building entrance, but 

• Get the spell backfire on Tabby up.  I can't let a chance go for making her life hell.
  • QUESTION: Alarms if this place is equipped to counter folk like Sky Raiders involvement, then that boom's gonna alert someone.
    • would this be just to staff, or (given the residents) alert the residents in some less-obtrusive way.  I mean- this is Paragon CIty.  If every time a baddie blew up something on the street resulted in an alarm, everyone would be sleep-deprived neurotic madme... ah, it all makes sense.
  • Possibly some new "bit players" (recurring supporting cast)