Do the new reactions mean anything? (Now with shark, saxophone, thumbs left and right)

TheZag

Assuming they are here to stay,  are the new reactions supposed to mean anything?  I just take them all to mean haha but im wondering what others might think.  I would hate to domigator when i should have bulgaria'd.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Right 1

Not to brag, but a reply I made earlier today got two ramens and an accordion.

Ladies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Seems self-explanatory to me

Ramen - "I'm hungry"

Bulgaria - depending on context, "you are now my mortal enemy and I vow to never rest until you draw your last breath" or "neat post"
Domingator - "let's party"
Television - "it's been too long since you've gone to Grandville"
Accordion - "the market is fine, thanks to the Homecoming changes the supply is infinitely elastic"
Satellite - "I'm watching you. I know what you've done"

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

I don't know about you all, but I don't trust them.  Nope.  Not me.  First you think, oh, this is just fun and games, nobody will get hurt... then, before you know it, you've given them all your money and you're sitting cross-legged listening to a Portuguese folk singer on a Himalayan goat commune.  Well, I'm on to you Mr. Domingator, and I'm keeping my goats to myself.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Someone needs to check the Web Devs for signs of a stroke.

• Sad 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I'm a little disappointed that we have Domingator but not Corruptamagoo, as that is my preferred playstyle.  I'll also bring a Stank or a Defloobernaut if it better serves the team.

Edited by Jiro Ito
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

18 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

At this point in time, I'm using Domingator as "I agree" and Accordion as "Sad Trombone," and I look forward to finding more personal meaning in each of them.  

I was thinking of using the accordion for "The British are coming!" Somehow it makes the warning seem more festive.

TV could probably stand in for "Gone to the Americans"

Is the "eating ramen" reaction meant to be the new "eating popcorn" reaction?

I eat a lot of ramen because I like it, so it falls in line [thumbsup>ramen>like>thanks] to me.

But then I'm kind of wishy-washy then I have tended just to use the thumbsup or thanks for  while now depending if I like the post or I more heartily agree with/support the post.

I'm figuring the television is "I'm Lost". Not sure why anyone would use that - there is that guy in game that keeps trying to make a joke about that one Lost guy with the television on his head always having it set to the ugly channel. He's vowed never to stop until someone laughs....

I have no idea what a Domingator is so I leave that one alone. Dominican Alligator? Dominator with Kenny G music in their little black hearts? So I guess it does seem to imply something dangerous and pain inflicting on some level. Thinking of Kenny G music is a little terrifying.

Bulgaria? I guess they just randomly add countries but we didn't get the other ones due to political reasons. I'm guessing this means that Bulgaria is very neutral and not a point of political contention. My best guess it means "I read your post but I have no reaction to it" - "I'm neutral on this post".

Accordion? I can't figure if that's "time to dance" ("start the polka!") or a new "kicking a dead horse" reaction. So maybe a good reaction on the Jukebox thread?!

I agree with the satellite being "Big Brother is watching". Regardless of who is "The Man"/"Rulers"/"Watchers"/"Telecommunication Service" at the time.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Nothing Can Stop Noodles!

If I give someone a 🍜 it means I whole-heartedly adore, approve, endorse, enjoy, and/or otherwise 🧡 what was posted.

Please, Mods, Let us keep 🍜, it is my new favorite thing on the forums.

What I want to know is if I am indicating anything of which I am unaware by using the 🧡(orange heart). It is my default on Discord; I use it because I am a Ginger Day-Walker and would be embarrassed if it meant something I didn't know about. 🤣

Edited by InvaderStych
glaring typo made my eye twitch

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Obviously it's a secret message to alert the ramen-eating Bulgarian Domingators to listen to accordion music on their secret satellite broadcasts that can only be watched on their old tube-TVs.

Edited by biostem

5 hours ago, biostem said:

Obviously it's a secret message to alert the ramen-eating Bulgarian Domingators to listen to accordion music on their secret satellite broadcasts that can only be watched on their old tube-TVs.

This sounds like a Hard Mode Strike Force issued by The Radio; you know something we don't, don't you? 🤣

• Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

All of the reactions have whatever meaning you want to attribute to them, new and old alike.

Personally, I view all of the thumbs down reactions as pledges of financial support.  I'm still waiting on that support to deliver, but that's how I see it.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, biostem said:

Nicely done. Two sticks up. 

image.png.e64d6a1cd23077911ced83a09bb62923.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lines said:

If Cobalt is behind this, then it's for sure a cryptic code about the next page.

Cryptic?

Code?

I think you may have just blown this investigation wide open!

Clearly that's not ramen, it's spaghetti. It's meant to indicate "your suggestion, while not without its merits, is probably impossible due to City of Heroes' underlying programming being a chaotic, badly-documented Gordian Knot of interwoven code strings from multiple development teams, all of whom were making this up as they went along and were, frankly, lucky anything they did worked at all, never mind the way they intended it to."

It's all so obvious now.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 6/3/2023 at 12:27 PM, Spankea said:

Bulgaria is battle of the bulge, roses, thorns, and bullets.

Battle of the Bulge was in the Ardennes nowhere near Bulgaria.

• Confused 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

the forum is lacking a radio react

radio

Radio

RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!

• Haha 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?