Prismatic Aether Question

Arnabas

I haven't really looked into this, but does Prismatic Aether simply let you buy specific NPC outfits, or can you buy individual parts? 

I thought it was the former, but today I saw a character with parts that I didn't think were available, so it made me wonder if they can buy pieces. 

The Halloween event drops time-limited costumes; these are full-model replacement, like Granite for a Stone Tanker, or the Hellion/Girlfriend from Hell appearance you get doing Matthew Habashy's mission into the Hellion safehouse. The Prismatic costumes are likewise full-model replacements except that they're not time-limited, and there are quite a few that you can't get from the Halloween drops as temp powers.

When you activate a Prismatic costume, you get the whole outfit; there's no way to get, say, just the clothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

you can always double check on beta. the prism vendor has an option to claim prisms x1000 at a time. press, press, press...

they show powers, like an armors aura, or ugly rock bits, or prestige sprints.  like as if the npc had used it. stances work, its a very flexible skeleton base it seems.

they will not show your costume aura, that will go away.

they will show the prism aura costumes (ouch, 250 prisms there for one of those)

Edited by honoroit

On 6/8/2023 at 12:44 PM, Lockpick said:

Will the Prismatic costumes hide the fx of powers?  I'm curious if I could get a Prismatic costume that will hide the Bio fx.  Might make me want to play Bio more often...

You know you can turn most of those effects off in the costume creator, right?  There's only one bio armor where you can't suppress the effects and it's only on you during the click animation anyway (Ablative Carapace, I think?).

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Ironblade said:

You know you can turn most of those effects off in the costume creator, right?  There's only one bio armor where you can't suppress the effects and it's only on you during the click animation anyway (Ablative Carapace, I think?).

bio, yes.

stone, ice, unfortunately no.

among these powersets, are ones where the minimal option is still chunk of stuff all about you.

Edited by honoroit