Speed Task Forces

Corruption

I decided I would start this thread for people to post their best speed task force times. Below is a list of recorded times so far, I will update this post with the latest times, along with the global/forum name of the person who submitted the time. Please don't hesitate to PM me if I miss a post.

Speed Run <-- Link to times posted on speedrun.com.

Hero Side

The Return of the Reichsman [Dr. Kahn]: 8:11 (@Bloodom)

Ms. Liberty Task Force: 9:59 (@precision)

The Saga of Lanaru [Faathim the Kind]: 23:20 (@Elegy)

The Saga of Faathim [Justin Augustine]: 22:39 (@precision)

The Legend of Ruladak [sara Moore]:  28:35 (@Bloodom)

Explorers & Exploiters [Dr. Quaterfield]: 52:46 (@Bloodom)

The Sky Is Falling [Adm. Sutter]: 10:49 (@Bloodom)

Soul of the Woodsman [Numina]: 14:34 (@Grimjack)

Following Countess Crey [Manticore]: 18:59 (@Elegy) 

A Tangled Plot [Katie Hannon]: 13:40 (@Elegy)

The Mech Man Cometh [Ernesto Hess]: 7:17 (@Grimjack)

Citadel's Children [Citadel]: 24:50 (@Bloodom)

The Kheldian War [Moonfire]: 37:24 (@Fiery Enforcer)

A Clamor for the People [Penelope Yin]: 5:41 (@Bloodom)

The Fall of the Clockwork King [synapse]: 37:02 (@Dark Bladed)

Dam Hero [Positron Pt. 2]: 10:12 (@Bloodom)

The Rule of Three [Positron Pt. 1]: 8:13 (@Bloodom)

Prisoners of Eden [Woodsman]: 3:25 (@Bloodom)

Abandoned Sewer Trial [Mairenn MacGregor]: 2:33 (@precision)

Terror Volta 3 [Maj. Richard Flagg]:

Terror Volta 2 [Cpt. James Harlan]:

Terror Volta 1 [Jane Hallaway]:

Cavern of Transcendence [Karsis]: 0:48 (@Bloodom)

Villain Side

Lord Recluse Strike Force:  9:17 (@precision)

Thus Spoke the Reichsman [barracuda]: 21:44 (@Elegy)

The Fire & the Flames [Mortimer Kal]: 7:15 (@Dark Bladed)

The Crystal of Serafina [ice Mistral]: 14:28 (@Elegy)

The Temple of the Waters [sF Op. Renault]: 13:30 (@Grimjack)

Pirates of the Sky [silver Mantis]: 24:29:45 (@Charlie)

The Beast Beneath the Mountain [Virgil Tarikoss]: 9:32 (@Dark Bladed)

Tree of Thorns 3 [Ractespriel]: 4:15 (@Elegy)

Tree of Thorns 2 [Trepsarciel]: 6:17 (@Bloodom)

Tree of Thorns 1 [sparcetriel]: 4:29 (@Elegy)

Co-Op

Alpha Strike [Apex]: 6:30 (@Bloodom)

The Praetorian Offensive [Tin Mage Mk. II]: 6:49 (@Dark Bladed)

The Lady Grey Task Force: 11:52 (@Bloodom)

Time's Arrow [imperious]: 7:29 (@Bloodom) 

Market Crash [Ada Wellington]: 6:29 (@Bloodom)

y4mNwc7OpcpGxTEJcW4Ef852x1lZi5hCFFp0aEbWCJaLcaae0v-vx8dHdxtbRye8sZwgHOV9xmZsGRsrdzREqFrorJs-S7fa9h5aFDoecRp82cpmONx0tyC5EmmiQgxiwoVicNsW26Md7Hs0Xj_2t1JfsRo28e7fnm4AnWGhvDAL7jKpgmNQR4dlFRp7AnCaAdyurmPFk96eOHlzW2fLojF4g?width=1920&height=1200&cropmode=none

Edited by Corruption

Speeding through content seems like watching a great movie on fast-forward, to me, but...

It’s not necessary that I understand or agree with the appeal that something has,  to understand that it DOES have appeal for others, and that diversity of play styles is a good thing :)

So if that time is like really fast for an LESF and you’re proud of that time, then my sincere  Congratulations!

:D

MCM

• Thumbs Up 1

Speeding through content seems like watching a great movie on fast-forward, to me, but...

It’s not necessary that I understand or agree with the appeal that something has,  to understand that it DOES have appeal for others, and that diversity of play styles is a good thing :)

So if that time is like really fast for an LESF and you’re proud of that time, then my sincere  Congratulations!

:D

MCM

I'm with you (I once told a teammate, "what giant robots?  I didn't have a chance to see anything but the team health bars") but I understand the competitive feeling.  Also, I used to be part of Pinnacle's Katie runners, where we all knew the TF by heart, and loved it.  They were speed TFs purely because we all knew exactly what to do when.

Back on live our SG would run that pretty regularly.  Just by having everyone knowing exactly what to do when, it was pretty common to get it done in around 25 minutes. Sometimes the stars would align and everyone was totally on point and planning several steps ahead and we would get it done in just over 20.  Shaving another couple minutes off of that is quite impressive.

I remember on Live a trio had Synapse runs to like 30-45min and would shepard other players through it, and I wish I could remember what builds they were using for it.

I’m 90% sure you are serious, but I am somewhat incredulous.  I just ran this a couple of days ago, and we had no team wipes, and it took us a little over 2.5 hours.  Now there was probably 20 min of breaks, maybe 30.  We did fight Babbage, but for every mish that was not a defeat all, we had someone stealth to the end and teleport us to the boss room.  There are so many kill all missions...such a slog.

Again, not calling you out, just trying to imagine it...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Think the key there is "trio". I had synapse down solo on live to about 1:20 no Babs. Haven't gotten it back down to that, but then again i've only run it once since invader is so much easier than TF commander now and merits aren't at such a premium. If you have two pimped out people with it memorized dragging a third I could see 30-45.

• Like 1

Think the key there is "trio". I had synapse down solo on live to about 1:20 no Babs. Haven't gotten it back down to that, but then again i've only run it once since invader is so much easier than TF commander now and merits aren't at such a premium. If you have two pimped out people with it memorized dragging a third I could see 30-45.

I've only done Synapse once since coming back, but I don't remember how fast it was completed. It was done while leveling a character, so definitely not optimal for speed.

Here's another quick TF we did last night, ITF in 12:09.

y4mlx283gd0fYqVCMoz7eyWhQ9Q31DX7BP6ovi6f49m4-GXHQrJttQaCaccznb0APJ9TqqEupqzhLjIjLzXOdjsAyZr1bsMCQ71qoA71Akm8LjzWXMWHThX492ij5a9vUw1I5Nd47v99Eb4v-S1Cssul-yJzxRXrNiLs8LZ6YPlcpdBYcu9F_VhGc-D6p3jx0y4mXSWhVr_eMg__gzz7cNZNg?width=1920&height=1200&cropmode=none

I just ran this a couple of days ago, and we had no team wipes, and it took us a little over 2.5 hours.  Now there was probably 20 min of breaks, maybe 30.  We did fight Babbage, but for every mish that was not a defeat all, we had someone stealth to the end and teleport us to the boss room.  There are so many kill all missions...such a slog.

As I recall, it was three people from the same SG running other people -- I don't remember if it was full groups or if they only went up to like 6 or somesuch.  They 100% knew exactly where to go for each spawn and door, which I assume was a combination of overlays and long practice.  But yeah, cutting out breaks and 'organizational' time cuts off maybe an hour; I want to know how they were blitzing the defeat-alls so fast, too.  With again zero memory of specifics, I'm thinking maybe blaster/corr/warshade could do it at that level?

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I remember on Live a trio had Synapse runs to like 30-45min and would shepard other players through it, and I wish I could remember what builds they were using for it.

I’m 90% sure you are serious, but I am somewhat incredulous.  I just ran this a couple of days ago, and we had no team wipes, and it took us a little over 2.5 hours.  Now there was probably 20 min of breaks, maybe 30.  We did fight Babbage, but for every mish that was not a defeat all, we had someone stealth to the end and teleport us to the boss room.  There are so many kill all missions...such a slog.

I did a Synapse with a random team in just over an hour a week ago. Our team composition was basically 4 brutes and 4 support so we demolished anything in our path quite quickly and on top of that we got very lucky with really small maps on the defeat all missions. I'm also pretty sure we ghosted what we could, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Statesman/Ms. Liberty - 23:04

I call hax. Aeon's cutscene is at least twice that long.

It's unbearably long. That's when the team tends to grab a drink, take a bathroom break, make a sandwich or read an entire Dostoevsky novel.

Have  to admit I am with you on that hmm. Ive ran that tf many times on live, and no few since Ive been back. Personal best I ever recall was around an hour, and that was with stealthing, an insane amount of psi dmg as in all used some AT and psi power sets, and we went at it like rabid animals. I have a very hard time believing anyone can get even another 10-15 minutes shaved off.

Maybe maybe in the bugged broken hami-o era that allowed for game breaking builds. Maybe those could.

As I recall, it was three people from the same SG running other people -- I don't remember if it was full groups or if they only went up to like 6 or somesuch.  They 100% knew exactly where to go for each spawn and door, which I assume was a combination of overlays and long practice.  But yeah, cutting out breaks and 'organizational' time cuts off maybe an hour; I want to know how they were blitzing the defeat-alls so fast, too.  With again zero memory of specifics, I'm thinking maybe blaster/corr/warshade could do it at that level?

Two of my sg mates (pb, ws), myself (ws), another pb and three others did it in an hour and 15min last week not trying for any speed and fighting babbage. Having the kheld forms at that level with all their powers makes the defeat alls fairly quick I think.

With all of the talk on Synapse, I figured we should do this run.

Synapse - 45:05

Theres still a lot of room for improvement, I'd say 35 minutes is possible with an optimal team.

I freaking knew I wasn't crazy.  Okay, how'd you do it?  I've been wracking my brains and I seriously have no memory of what specific ATs they were, but if I were to try today I'm thinking some combination of Kheldians (as mentioned above) and Corrs.  Maybe a DPS (Stalker, Blaster, Scrapper, Brute) thrown in but I have trouble imagining any other AT having the punch at that level to make it work.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I freaking knew I wasn't crazy.  Okay, how'd you do it?  I've been wracking my brains and I seriously have no memory of what specific ATs they were, but if I were to try today I'm thinking some combination of Kheldians (as mentioned above) and Corrs.  Maybe a DPS (Stalker, Blaster, Scrapper, Brute) thrown in but I have trouble imagining any other AT having the punch at that level to make it work.

Well we ran a Fire/Atomic Blaster and a Fire/Kinetics Corruptor. Really, its just a matter of only doing the objective. Team TP from Synapse to Steel Canyon for the first mission, and then Team TP to Boomtown for the first Boss defeat later in the mission. I personally dont think a Kheldian will be as good as a Blaster at that low of level, but id love to be proven wrong. That being said, theres still a lot of potential time to save. During two of the defeat all missions, we had missed 2 Clockwork that had ran off.

Spaceballs on BlueRay has the special feature "Watch the film at Ludicrous Speed", the entire movie takes about 60 seconds. >.>

• Haha 4

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.