Speed Task Forces

Corruption

There are quite a few task forces where RNG comes into play - ITF comes to mind as one of the most common examples (you can get boned on the cyst mission or you can get really lucky). Hell, even LGTF gets a taste of it with the spawns of Glacia and Infernia.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

There are quite a few task forces where RNG comes into play - ITF comes to mind as one of the most common examples (you can get boned on the cyst mission or you can get really lucky). Hell, even LGTF gets a taste of it with the spawns of Glacia and Infernia.

Both of these are not much of an issue on a full team where you can divide up in a predetermined way, but solo, they are huge. I was extremely lucky on my current solo ITF and LGTF records. Had the linear cyst map on ITF. LGTF could have been better, but glacia was just one spawn point of backtracking, and thankfully I checked backwards first. Kahn also has some map rng on mission 3, but it's not too bad if you memorize all the maps and the Franz and glowie locations.

The real craziness, though, is when you do a solo run so many times that you start talking about hit roll rng. Like "shit, blazing bolt missed twice in a row, might as well restart" lol. (This actually did become a topic of conversation on penny yin times.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 3 months later
On 3/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, Bloodom said:

Solo LRSF - 21:31

2136562404_SoloLRSF2131_Moment.thumb.jpg.c68720ba9c5e248a3f46b84ca75cd81a.jpg

Got my rerun in to fix the goofs + get a time that wasn't done during the interface proc bug. 😛

How on earth did you manage that? How did you clear the last Hero's? Pull or jump straight into the middle. Any temp powers that are a must?

I remember years ago struggling with a team of 8 with the Warburg nukes.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:21 AM, jamietr0 said:

How on earth did you manage that? How did you clear the last Hero's? Pull or jump straight into the middle. Any temp powers that are a must?

I remember years ago struggling with a team of 8 with the Warburg nukes.

I jumped directly into the the middle of 'em. Lots of temp. pets, inspirations, and warburg nukes. 

We did a saga of Faathim Sunday (saga of the sad commuter) and I got my badge.  Woot!  Was feeling real good about the hour and a half time.  Until I saw the posted 22 minute time here.  So, everyone had various Teleport and had a plan for traveling porting team to next area in a never ending chain?  Even that seems short using that tactic.  There are travel times after all....

On 3/9/2021 at 7:25 AM, Snarky said:

We did a saga of Faathim Sunday (saga of the sad commuter) and I got my badge.  Woot!  Was feeling real good about the hour and a half time.  Until I saw the posted 22 minute time here.  So, everyone had various Teleport and had a plan for traveling porting team to next area in a never ending chain?  Even that seems short using that tactic.  There are travel times after all....

While getting to Missions is always important, what goes on inside the Mish will be the biggest time save. And thats especially true for Faathims, since they're fairly unique in their requirements.

• 2 weeks later
On 3/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, Handmixer said:

CoT-043.thumb.JPG.da5d752da75269fd4b2bc35506f41ccb.JPG

Bit quiet in here isn't it?

We beat the current 8-man CoT record. 😄 With pre-exemplare added destinies and buffs, though. Does that count?

Yeah most prebuffs are fine, its only when Temps are off and you're precasting Temp buffs/insps off precasting insps where it gets really out of hand. Even precast TT is acceptable in most eyes. Grats! 🙂

• 7 months later
  • 9 months later
12 minutes ago, Neuronia said:

Heard someone popped a 27:00 **** ITF. Anyone  know about this?

27 min 4 Star ITF? I'd have to see a video or be on the team to believe it. Otherwise on premade speed run regular ITFs I've had times from 9.5 to 10 minutes, otherwise random pug speed runs around 12.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

1 minute ago, SeraphimKensai said:

27 min 4 Star ITF? I'd have to see a video or be on the team to believe it. Otherwise on premade speed run regular ITFs I've had times from 9.5 to 10 minutes, otherwise random pug speed runs around 12.

I was on a **** run with WhamBamHardmodeMaam and that's what they said, but no idea who did it or if there's  screenie.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, Neuronia said:

I was on a **** run with WhamBamHardmodeMaam and that's what they said, but no idea who did it or if there's  screenie.

The video of that run hasn't been posted yet since we're waiting on an update to the speedrun.com leaderboard, but that run will be posted there in a week or so. 🙂