SS/WP that includes Fly

jcbrooklyn

Fighting, Speed, and Flight are only 3 pools. There's still one spare for maneuvers? Or are you saying you want fly but not hover and so you lose the def from that pool you'd normally get?

I'm pretty sure given the new attuned winter/summer/AT/whatever enhancements that soft cap is really just a matter of money for most builds.

I'd worry more that hover/flight will interact poorly with foot stomp -- does "near the ground" work or do you need to be on the ground?

Hello

I'm trying to build a ss/wp hero that can get to caps while still using fly for concept reasons. Since this is hard without Maneuvers how bad is dropping Hasten?  Or is there a way to  get  there without Maneuvers?

Depends on what is more important to your build and goals, no?  If chasing 45% defense is what you want, then drop Hasten.  Ageless Incarnate will also get you recharge, lots of it, if that is something you want later.  Even Barrier can make you immortal so in the end does it really matter? 

I love SS/WP, but I opted to not chase 45% defense.  I stopped around 32% and then built up other things.  I'm not aiming to tank all the things, but being a purple inspire away from 45% is good enough for me.  That freed my decisions to incorporate the powers I want and the set bonuses I wanted.  YMMV