PSA for new players: how to have Hasten and Domination on auto.

Sovera

Necro-raising this thread.

I use this method for keeping Hasten and Practiced Brawler on auto on one of my chars, but you don't need to use files.

Turning on an auto power is wonky, in that if you just slap it in there with a movement command it won't actually "stick".

However, I discovered that as long as something is between it and the movement command, it works fine.

So I use these two binds to alternate between the two whenever I move left or right.

/bind A "+left$$powexecauto hasten$$powexecauto practiced brawler"
/bind D "+right$$powexecauto practiced brawler$$powexecauto hasten"

Left sets PB auto, right sets Hasten auto. What you use for the middle command is probably irrelevant, but the timing works, so I keep it like this.

You *can* do it with just the two commands, but the green ring won't stay put. It still fires off, but only if it's usable when you press the button.

Sticking something between them makes the green ring stay put.

Edited by nightchrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Agreed, I use that same method rather than files and find it easier and using the auto means you don't get the thrum when the power isn't recharged 👍

Thanks for the info on the extra power though nightchrome, I find the not sticking issue with the Shields mez power and hasten as well. I'l try that out later 🙂

Plus by using powexecAUTO you do not get the "hum hum" of a power not ready (powexecname).

Also, I use the /bind s "+backward$$powexecauto <Destiny>" for my travel-interrupting Destiny clicky (e.g. Ageless); it's been a fairly simple thing to train my brain to move backward once in a while to fire it off.   I keep the various WASD auto powers in a separate tray so I visually see what's up/whats fired off, etc.

It's a much better system than the silly bindloadfile stuff.  I use that for inspiration combining:

Spoiler

*** One-Key Combining Inspirations into REDS ***
    (T1, T2, T3 - all w/ no rez/breakfrees, turned off @P2W).  Make three (3) text files in <CoH Directory>\data (ex: E:\Games\CoH\data) called SRed.txt, MRed.txt, and LRed.txt - each containing the single keybind (Numpad 0, if you want another key, change it in the files) below:

SRed.txt
    NUMPAD0, "inspcombine Catch_a_Breath Enrage$$inspcombine Insight Enrage$$inspcombine Luck Enrage$$inspcombine Respite Enrage$$inspcomine Sturdy Enrage$$bind_load_file MRed.txt"

MRed.txt
    NUMPAD0, "inspcombine Take_A_Breather Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Keen_Insight Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Good_Luck Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Dramatic_Improvement Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Rugged Focused_rage$$bind_load_file LRed.txt"

LRed.txt
    NUMPAD0, "inspcombine Second_Wind Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Uncanny_Insight Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Phenomenal_Luck Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Resurgence Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Robust Righteous_Rage$$bind_load_file SRed.txt"

*** If you turned off T1 (small inspirations), then use these two (2) text files:

MRed.txt
    NUMPAD0, "inspcombine Take_A_Breather Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Keen_Insight Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Good_Luck Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Dramatic_Improvement Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Rugged Focused_rage$$bind_load_file LRed.txt"

LRed.txt
    NUMPAD0, "inspcombine Second_Wind Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Uncanny_Insight Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Phenomenal_Luck Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Resurgence Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Robust Righteous_Rage$$bind_load_file MRed.txt"

Now, in your keybinds.txt file (default game directory, not the in the .\data directory) add this to your file:
    NUMPAD0, "bind_load_file MRed.txt"  OR  in-game, type:  /bind NUMPAD0 "bind_load_file MRed.txt"

This is just a kick-off.  Now, in game, when you press the 0 key on the number pad, it will convert ALL tier 2's (that you have 3 of) into Reds.  Press it again and it will convert ALL tier 3's (that you have 3 of) into Reds.  Nice.  Spam Numpad0 and you're golden.  Gotta have at least 3 to combine.

Edit as desired, if someone wants something OTHER than reds, let me know and I can whip up a custom one.

I use the alternating between 2 autopowers and works well (boost range+energize on Energy melee Blaster). Have a method to putt 1 more power in auto too (hasten)? Binded with Jump or something like that?

Edited by reib

• 1 month later
On 7/5/2020 at 2:13 PM, Heatstroke said:

can i get some help on this for the computer bind/macro making challenged??

What is the best way to do this? set hasten and domination on auto?

@Heatstroke, did you read ANY of the posts in this thread?  I mean, there are several ways explained, all fairly clearly.  In short, I believe most agree that the OP's multi-file method is not the most efficient to auto hasten and domination, but it does work.

I would recommend using the /bind w "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten" and use A & S for domination OR /bind w "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Domination" that @nightchrome just posted four posts above your questions, and pick A and/or S for the other (domination, then hasten) as was shown in aforementioned post.

Personally, I do the following on my dominators:

/bind w "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten"

/bind a "+left$$powexecauto Domination"

/bind d "+right$$powexecauto Domination"

/bind s "+backward$$powexecauto <name of Destiny power>"

(because using destiny powers usually interrupt movement to cast, so this is an easy way to fire off Ageless or Barrier, etc.)

These auto a power while actively moving/holding down the movement key, they do not "stick" (which is why I double Domination, since I'm mostly pressing W to go forward, A/D not as frequent each, but combined (either) makes it fire off consistently.  Besides, most Dominators are moving around a lot to get in melee/pbaoe range, and to hop out.

• Thanks 1

I discovered a Windows app called Caffeine, which presses the F15 key every 59 seconds to keep the computer from going to sleep.  I discovered that I can /bind F15 to trigger powers with Caffeine, even though I can't actually press the F15 key manually.  If I start Caffeine before launching CoH, the CoH client will receive and process the automated F15 keypresses from Caffeine while I play.

You can configure Caffeine to work with any key combination using command line parameters.  I also recommend using the -keypress parameter to actually simulate a full keypress, rather than just a key "touch" (the default option to keep the sleep settings "awake").

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I've wondered about auto'ing hasten and Domi button.

I find my Domi button 'drops' at times.  (It may because some of the combat is queued up...and thus the time goes over my Domination overlap.)  So that's if I have Domi button auto.  It seems to happen more often (the domi drop) if hasten is active.

If I have my hasten button on auto.  Great.  But...

...I have to remember to hit 'Domination' button (and deep in combat...sometimes I forget.  😛 )  Then it's a mad rush to build up the domi up again.  😄

Terrible feeling of 'oh dear' when it drops.  By accident.

And with hasten on auto the domi button comes up rather often...(Panic to find it on screen and click in time....)

Luckily my Domi build has defence cap.  That helps when Domi drops upon occasion.

Catch 22.

I really like perma domi and hasten.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

• 4 weeks later

Can I get an opinion of an expert, trying to use the perma dom bind set up here with 4 files (removed the +forward command, don't the character to move) and swapping the commands to make inspirations.  Command is set to consume an inspiration, make reds for that tier size, and then rotate to the next size up until it cycles over.

First file I am not positive on, as I removed that +forward and left "bindloadfilesilent" so not sure if its going to work

Bound to the ~ tilde key next to the 1

seperate files

red.txt

~ "bindloadfilesilent c:\games\CoH\binds\red2.txt"

red2.txt

~ "inspexec_name enrage$$inspcombine respite enrage$$inspcombine catch_a_breath enrage$$inspcombine insight enrage$$inspcombine sturdy enrage$$inspcombine luck enrage$$bind_load_file red3.txt"

red3.txt

~ "inspexec_name Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Take_A_Breather Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Keen_Insight Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Good_Luck Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Dramatic_Improvement Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Rugged Focused_rage$$bind_load_file red4.txt"

red4.txt

~ "inspexec_name Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Second_Wind Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Uncanny_Insight Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Phenomenal_Luck Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Resurgence Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Robust Righteous_Rage$$bind_load_file red.txt"

than it rotates with every press of the ~ tilde key

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer