The Beta Power Pools from the Wiki?

Dulahan

4 hours ago, Voldine said:

*points at Traps* Close enough.

Nooo.

They have to be like Targeting Drone, they must circle around me. In fact, start with Targeting Drone. Then add a Shield Drone. And Gun Drones that just orbit me and shoot at any enemy that gets too close. And then...

• Like 2

Regarding Gadgetry, I too was looking forward to it as originally conceptualised. I was imagining something like having either of the drone powers would give you a passive drone hovering around you like the devices targeting drone, possibly even using that exact graphic. (Mechanically, this could work similar to how Mystic Flight already works in getting multiple powers for one pick - taking the drone powers would also grant you an unenhanceable passive power that does nothing except summon the drone VFX) Then using either of them would make it shoot lasers like the ones the robot drone lore pets have. The hard part would be syncing the emission point for the lasers to the current location of the drone so you don't have lasers firing from thin air while the drone is on the other side of your head.

Alternately, one could outright make it a summoned pet instead of a power you activate. It'd give it something very unique, for a power pool. Also offer something for all those buff set defenders to do with their buffs when soloing, help close the gap between them and debuff sets in solo ability just a little.

Also anyone can buy a jetpack, if they want to be stuck with the ugly sky raider one. Enhanceable jetpack toggle, ideally letting me pick between any of the jetpack models that currently exist for the FX (Plus a none option if you want to use a costume one, which a lot of people will) would be amazing and something I'd totally pick over regular flight on some of my characters.

That said, personally I think there's concept space available for a Cybernetic Enhancements pool as well. And there's no reason (Other than limited available development reasources, of course) why we couldn't have two tech themed pools other than that the other origins only have one each.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?