Pine's Hero Designer 2.22

Pine

I've updated the macOS install & run scripts as below. I probably ought to turn this into a macOS installer like the Island Rum guys did.

Why isn't the Ideal Answer™ to rig it so the Island Rum program gives you the option to launch Pines out of the menu on the left?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

...launch Pines out of the menu on the left [of Island Rum]?

That's a great idea. Getting Pine's running on macOS is fairly trivial. It's just a .Net 2.0 app, which is very well-supported by Wine.

Who would need to talk to who to make that happen?  :P

Presumably the Island Rum people (whoever they are).

Hopefully someone will send you a PM with contact info so you can chat them up about the option.  I mean, I for one would pretty much imagine that "incorporating" Pine's into Island Rum would be a No Brainer™ even for a Zombie Mastermind ...

BWAaaaaaainnnnszzsss ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

As Pine wrote: "Please report all number variations as this was done by hand... and Pine is not perfect."

Not sure if we do this here, but we found a rather funny typo that you may wanna check: For Sentinels in particular, the "Mu Mastery" Ancillary/Epic Pool power is actually written "Moo Mastery." (I have not checked all the rest.)

I was actually highly amused by this... reminded me of when a friend came across (as he predicted he would) Mu Kau in one of his redside missions. Regardless of how appreciated the humor was, thought you might want to be aware. :)

Have not noticed anything else as of yet, and thank you for the updates!

Working as intended!

Happy Wife = Happy Life

I noticed the combo level toggles for water blast don't seem to be updating the numbers on the "finisher" powers.

Thanks for updating this tool! In the live days I spent as much time in mids as I did in the costume creator. I'll have to see if some of my old saves will load into the updated program.

Is there a way to bypass needing the .NET Framework v3.5 for this? For some reason, I could run the previous version of Pine's (2.21) just fine on my work computer, but 2.22 tells me it requires .NET Framework v3.5, which I can't install given our version of Windows and user permissions.

Is there something I'm overlooking that causes this additional requirement?

Thank you so much for all the work.  I've been using Khy's modified version up to now, which I modified a bit on my own, too.

Barring another thread for bugs/suggestions, I'll throw a couple down here.

1.  Psi Melee (at least Tanker version) is showing higher than real damage as it is adding the Insight DoT to all attacks all the time.

2.  Reactive Defense is showing no Resists when toggled off and +3% Resist when toggled on.  I've read conflicting reports, and don't have one of my own to test yet, but it should either be +3% base all the time (even toggled off) or it should be +0% base (at full hp, even toggled on).  I'm just not sure in which direction this is messed up.

3.  Tanker AT enhancement Might of the Tanker's +Resist lists at 6.7% in planner.  However, when toggled on it gives +8.91%.  Setting it to ignore enhancements/buffs seems to fix this.

edit:  4.  Minor - Fitness shows up as an available pool, even though it isn't any more.

Hello!  I wanted first of all to thank you for the tremendous amount of work you've put into updating Mid's--it is a lifesaver for me, I can't thank you enough!

On the older version of Pine's (the one that was available from a before the servers were active), I noticed a bunch of errors that I fixed, such as missing powersets and whatnot.  I'm very happy that you were able to fix that, however, I noticed some bugs and possible oversights that remained after the fact.  I made some minor edits to the database and added 2 images to fix what was previously missing.

These are some of the issues I noticed in the current version of Pine's Hero Designer and what I did to fix them:

• Added/fixed the correct icon for the Sentinel archetype. 
    • It was using an incorrect icon previously, so I added the correct archetype icon image.  I think I got it from reddit... I don't recall.  Also, I didn't delete the old icon, however, I just renamed it, so it will still be there under a different name.

[*]Added the icon for Sudden Acceleration. 

• It was using a placeholder previously; I added my own from screenshots within the game and a little work with paint and Powerpoint; it should be virtually perfect [down to the last pixel] despite the lack of better painting programs.

[*]Fixed recipes for most of the Sudden Acceleration enhancements. 

• They weren't connected to the enhancements.

[*]Added the recipe for the Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown enhancement. 

• It was missing; I added it manually from the recipe information listed ingame.

[*]Fixed a bug with the Leviathan Mastery power, "Summon Guardian", for Brutes. 

• It had one of the requirements as a stalker power.
    • Additional note: When I was doing my own little edits for the older version of PHD, I noticed some other cases where the required powers were wonky on some of the ancillary power pools... I apologize, because this is the only case I remember currently, but if I find any more I will let you know.

[*]Fixed a bug with Masterminds showing an extra, non-functional Leviathan Mastery pool. 

• Spirit Sharks was listed as "Mastermind" in addition to "Sentinel" in Sentinel's Leviathan Mastery, so I unchecked "Mastermind" on the "Requirements" tab for the power under "Required Classes" to fix it.

[*]Fixed* Mu (Moo) Mastery for Sentinels.  I also corrected the typos in the text for Mu Mastery's description for all archetypes. 

• Sorry, I realize MOOOOOOOOOO Mastery is an intentional easter egg, but you'll have to manually rename it to Moo Mastery if you want it.

While these certainly aren't every single bug within the database, they are at least the most glaring issues I could find (the easter egg excepted, which is just personal preference for me and an easy change).  I think the worst problems (which led to PHD crashing a bit!) were already fixed.  Some other bugs I noticed but did not fix include Cross Punch not having damage listed, several of the newly added powersets not listing effects if they "summon" an entity (such as Sleet for Mastermind's Cold Domination, for instance.)  While I could fix these with a lot of work and research, I haven't yet and probably won't.  (I wouldn't really mind, but I don't want to undermine Pine's official updates!)

This is my own updated database (only of the files I actually updated) as well as the two images I added (including the old sentinel icon, renamed):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xci6jegrkgaqirb/PHD%20v2.22%20Updated%20Database%20and%20Images.zip?dl=0

Note: Anyone who wishes to do an update to Pine's with these fixes can do so by replacing the files that this zip file includes in "Homecoming/Pine's Hero Designer/Data" and "Homecoming/Pine's Hero Designer/Images" with these (It will only replace some of the files, so don't delete the old folders!).  I am not extremely savvy when it comes to updating programs, but this should update the database correctly... just be sure PHD isn't running when you do this.  One way or another, you might want to back up these folders before doing it, just in case, regardless!  At the very least, replacing the Sentinel Icon will update it for the program without requiring any database alteration whatsoever.  (I could include the entire PHD program and that would also work, but I feel like that might make people uncomfortable--it has an .exe, after all--and it would be redundant extra files... as well, since PHD is now a proper installation, it might not play as well with that if I just copied the entire program.)

At any rate, I hope this helps!  I don't require any special credit for this meager amount of updating, but I wouldn't be offended in the least if you mentioned me. :)  You are certainly welcome to use my image files to update PHD if you do an official update with them, of course.

wont install for me, says it "cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the  item." tried both regular and run as admin.

Try installing in a folder adjacent to the game folder.

IE: If the game is installed to C:/cox/tequilla  then install this to c:/cox/Pines

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Very not important, but the icon changed to a generic one. :(

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Question about Defender AT with Ice Blast secondary power set :

How can I see the damage and To Hit Debuff Blizzard deals ? Instead of showing damage and debuff as usual, the info tab just show that the power summon a Blizzard Defender.

I have come across 2 problems with Pine's

Ps0Y7yb.png

On Sentinel the Refractor Beam power is not showing up right in the "info"window.You can not switch the enhancements to alternate either.

It appears to think Refractor Beam is the power Penetrating Ray which is not an available power for a Sentinel.

FI1Gfix.png

On Dominator Proton Valley power is also not showing up right in the "Info" pane. The enhancements placed are not showing up.Also can not change to alternate.

Forgot to add that Pine's will sometimes let you place 2 of the same Archetype Enhancements Sets if you make one of them Superior.

Example is the Sentinel..I was able to place Superior Sentinel's Ward set in one power and a regular Sentinel's Ward Set in another power.

The game will not let you do this.

Is this hosted/mirrored somewhere other than DropBox?  My corporate overlords don't allow us to use DropBox, so I can't get it here at work.  *sob*

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer