Stone primary

Bokken

Hi.

Just hit 32 on my stone/spines and got granite, of course.

However... I'm at a loss as to how to slot it, and come to think of it, I've been winging it all the way.

I was wondering if you experienced stone tankers can help me out with do's and dont's when it comes to the stone primary. Must have powers and suggested slotting.

Which powers are less important, or redundant from here on out. Right now, as an example, I have both tough and weave, but red that tough might be redundant...

A suggested build for level 50 would of course be nice.

Thanks beforehand!

Granite benefits from a bit of "frankenslotting" of IO's, I would slot 3 defense set IO's and 3 resist set IO's.  Off the top of my head you could toss 3 of the Gift of the Ancients (including the run speed IO) and 3 Aegis.  That gets you 15% more run speed and some recovery.  Alternately you can simply toss 3 resist/3 defense into it to maximize both defense and resistance if you're not building for sets.  The sets I suggested aren't meant to be taken as gospel by any stretch, if you're working for a Set IO build then you need to consider the character as a whole and not just that one power.

I've played Stone to 50 twice on Live and Spines (on scrappers) twice as well so I'm familiar with both sets.  Without taking the time to study the set bonuses I'd plan on taking everything but Brimstone in Stone Armor and skipping Lunge and Build Up in Spines.  You'll want Teleport to deal with the mobility issues Rooted and Granite impose and if you're looking to maximize your durability then Tough/Weave from the Fighting pool are recommended.  Hasten is useful to offset the -recharge in Granite.  Minerals is useful in missions featuring lots of Psi damage, but those are pretty rare until you get to the late game so it's not a priority.

Set bonuses you want to look for are +recharge, +run speed & typed defense (S/L/E/N/F/C/Psi) not positional defense (Melee/Ranged/AOE).  Work on recharge and run speed first, then defense as Granite is already extremely tough without any additional defense bonuses.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler