When using Lore goes wrong.

I'll grant you that BB that I did misunderstand your post somewhat.

However, I still feel that you could have approached the situation more diplomatically. From the responses you've given to others, and the general attitude from you that I am forming, I do not believe you're putting your point forward in good faith. After all, we only have your word on this exchange and quite frankly, I'm not sure what your word is worth.

You say you're not elitist, but I'd invite you to re-read your posts in this thread. If it is not your intention to come across as such then I would say that the four pages of this thread and multiple posters prove that it is not us, but you, who needs to stop and take a think. Over the years of RP'ing both in CoX and in other RPGs I've learned that RP is founded on respect, and respect is earned, not given. You do not have the authority to try and bend someone's arm into doing something you want because of the way you RP. Hot-take: nobodies RP is inherently 'better' than anyone else's. No one is saying that you can't ignore this person, no one is even saying you're not allowed to give people criticism or feedback. But when you come here and try to belittle someone, and then many other people, because they don't fit your standard, is where you have crossed a line, and that is why this thread has gone on for four pages, not because we're all ignorant whingers who don't know Gud ArrPee.

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I love comics. They don't usually end up making a whole lot of sense, even from issue to issue. Then you have all the reboots and all the ways the characters and their attitudes just kind of arbitrarily change depending on who the author is and you don't end up with a whole of consistency. It's good for sparking the imagination, though. If some dude resonated with say, the guy who served superman a whole lot of hamburgers that time he got real fat and ate a lot of hamburgers, you know what? More power to him. He could come up with whatever burger time story he wanted, really flesh out the character.

Still, could you imagine if burger guy did all that and then A: Wrote some paragraphs about how other people make and play characters wrong and B: Followed it up by telling other people they were getting worked up? That would be really weird. That was rhetorical question, but you will find that it has an important implication lurking within it. Burger guy would need some sort of introspection about the whole thing. Don't be the guy hung up on burger lore.

• Like 1

I love comics. They don't usually end up making a whole lot of sense, even from issue to issue. Then you have all the reboots and all the ways the characters and their attitudes just kind of arbitrarily change depending on who the author is and you don't end up with a whole of consistency. It's good for sparking the imagination, though. If some dude resonated with say, the guy who served superman a whole lot of hamburgers that time he got real fat and ate a lot of hamburgers, you know what? More power to him. He could come up with whatever burger time story he wanted, really flesh out the character.

Still, could you imagine if burger guy did all that and then A: Wrote some paragraphs about how other people make and play characters wrong and B: Followed it up by telling other people they were getting worked up? That would be really weird. That was rhetorical question, but you will find that it has an important implication lurking within it. Burger guy would need some sort of introspection about the whole thing. Don't be the guy hung up on burger lore.

mmmmmm....hamburgers....

New Character Name:  Special Sauce...

I also think "Lettuce and Pickles" would be a good retro rock band name...

Oh, also, what you said about not being overly hung up on lore...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Its actually those who ignore lore to say they are this or that often subscribing to being more powerful then characters in lore like Statesman etc, before they are incarnates that are RP elitist, basically god moders wanting to act all powerful or above established lore to sate their ego.

Hell I use self destruct every time I enter a council map with a cell block so I have to be rescued by my party while I break out from inside. And you know what even in rp pugs that always gets a laugh from them.

Sounds pretty pretentious.

I mean, yay props.  A dev patted you on the head.  I guess you're the authority on pretending to be an actor playing a part for no money.  Shall we immortalize you forever in the servers of CoX (*cough*whilethey'restillaround*cough*) so that we will forever know the name of...some other character you pretended to be?

Not to throw shade but you're asking for it sitting on your high-horse lol

• Like 1

Close the thread, gang, it's not going to get any better than this.  We hope you'll join us next week for Bentley Burgley and the Case of the Existential Crisis.

• Like 1
UPS1xkf.png

Is that a motherfucking Homestuck reference?

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."