Highest damage?

Bubbles232

What Jack is referring to by immobility is the long animation times.  I have performed a role as floor inspector on many, many occasions because a defense debuff cascade coincided with the 'go make a sandwich' that is your out-of-momentum attack cast time.  The fact that your Momentum may have dropped between your brain deciding to fire off that last attack, and the game client starting to process it, means that you have the same 'Im in a week long animation' problem as say, Total Focus - only you get it at unexpected times.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Ohh, good point.  I dont tend to need to move around much (Im solo a lot more than I would like due to IRL interrupt issues - not fair to make a team wait), but if you do, yeah, drop out of Mometum time and its back to the worlds longest windup.

Im also a little annoyed with.. something.. having to do with animation tmies.  Ive noticed it most on Whirling Sword, but for several attacks, you can perform the animation and be halfway into another attack, with the animation long done, and suddenly a pack of baddies gets a 'whump' sound, takes damage, and falls down.  My guess is that its something to do with Momentum and having two different animation times for most attacks, but what do I know?

Side Note - the other ultra-good damage sets tend to also be Smashing, or Lethal - except for Fire.  I need to survey late game resists on mobs - as much Smash/Lethal as is out there, Fire Melee may close some distance with Titan Weapons, while requiring a LOT less care and feeding.  OTOH, Titan Weapons has a -DEF power or two and a couple PBAOEs, so it can easily take -RES Procs, in addition to doing - RES itself, and also doing -Res if paired with Bioarmor...

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Do you move around a lot when using other primary attack sets? And is it not a plus that the attacks in Titan Weaoons tend to have greater range than attacks from other powersets?

even if you stand still always, during momentum TW is the fastest animating set in the game.

Having tested a TW/Bio scrapper using Kaeladins build I think on test server its pretty ridiculous even on defensive stance at +4/x8 I don't like the fact that it feels like in AOE you are just having to do something to make the PBAOE available and since consuming momentum over and over. UnlessI am missing another way to do it where you don't consume momentum and do more attacks.

I still can't say I like the ramp up time on the attack and would be curious what sets come close. I have a war mace tank I am surprised that people were saying it was coming up near the top as well.

At this point, would you go for TW/Bio Brute or Scrapper? (Does Stalker even have this combination)

I am having fun with my SS/Will brute and maybe would try something similar now. I am used to long animations due Knockout Blow, so that won't be a problem at all.

If you want to see TW/Bio at its best damage wise, put it on a Scrapper.  Scrapper's higher base damage and the fact that offensive adaptation gives scrapper larger bonuses both serve to make that application shine best on a Scrapper.  The damage is unbeatable.

If you want significantly more potential toughenss (90% Resist Cap vs 75%), the Brute still hits about 3/4 as hard as the scrapper (at least in my hands) and has much greater potential survival.  This is mostly applicable to team roles - oddly, solo, they performed about the same for me - the Brute's extra HP and resist gave me more breathing room to focus on my offense, and the Scrappers higher damage output dropped foes so quickly as to moot some of the extra mitigation.  Given that Bioarmor is a set without DDR, in some situations the Scrapper was 'tankier', just because it could put down foes even -faster-, something that matters when the AI is happily lowering your DEF and RES to -100%

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

At this point, would you go for TW/Bio Brute or Scrapper? (Does Stalker even have this combination)

I am having fun with my SS/Will brute and maybe would try something similar now. I am used to long animations due Knockout Blow, so that won't be a problem at all.

If you want to see TW/Bio at its best damage wise, put it on a Scrapper.  Scrapper's higher base damage and the fact that offensive adaptation gives scrapper larger bonuses both serve to make that application shine best on a Scrapper.  The damage is unbeatable.

If you want significantly more potential toughenss (90% Resist Cap vs 75%), the Brute still hits about 3/4 as hard as the scrapper (at least in my hands) and has much greater potential survival.  This is mostly applicable to team roles - oddly, solo, they performed about the same for me - the Brute's extra HP and resist gave me more breathing room to focus on my offense, and the Scrappers higher damage output dropped foes so quickly as to moot some of the extra mitigation.  Given that Bioarmor is a set without DDR, in some situations the Scrapper was 'tankier', just because it could put down foes even -faster-, something that matters when the AI is happily lowering your DEF and RES to -100%

Thank you for the insight. :)