Trying a /Storm Summoning corruptor?

Zherphi

Well there are three good options imho that pair well.

Dark/ With its tohit debuffs and mezz effects it can lock down spawns and allow you to leverage storms placed aoe's and overlap with hurricanes tohit debuff to give a surprisingly high amount of protection. since the big cone imob in dark also has -knock back

Ice/ Stack up the slow and - rech effects to grind spawns to a halt this does not mitigate the alpha strike however but they only get one good wave off attacks out once you get rolling. in late levels, the hold is solid and can allow for the tornado to really grind a boss down

Psy/ again the -reach stacking here with a few utilities

Maybe a case could be made for pure damage such as fire/ but its just damage its not really making use of what storm is doing other than its slows

always kinda wanted to make a AR/Storm #BulletStorm but its high in concept and not alot else if im being honest

My Vote is hands down DARK, the two sets synergize well and debuff like a beast allows for control of the KB and deals good uncommon typed damage. fear -tohit mag three hold mag solid imob into nightfall combo with sleet and snowstorm you can waste large groups of foes on your own

I'm really interested in how a Psy/Storm Corr would play out. For theme reasons, this combo makes sense, but I know sometimes some combos accidentally gimp themselves. Looks like, from @MementoMori 's comment, Psy/Storm would play well with itself, but I'd like more details, preferably from someone who has played the combo a good bit.

Comments?

I'm really interested in how a Psy/Storm Corr would play out. For theme reasons, this combo makes sense, but I know sometimes some combos accidentally gimp themselves. Looks like, from @MementoMori 's comment, Psy/Storm would play well with itself, but I'd like more details, preferably from someone who has played the combo a good bit.

Comments?

It should be fine.  There's nothing particularly bad about that combo.  Psi blast can be a little weak on AoE but you should be able to make up for that with the damage from storm.  If you slot KB to KD IOs in tornado there's actually some decent synergy between the sets.  Between freezing rain, psi tornado, and tornado you'll have a ton of knockdown/knockup.  Slot a KB to KD IO in gale if you want even more.

I haven't played the combo myself but I have a fire/storm controller with psi epic (and psi tornado) and the amount of soft crowd control is insane.

Sonic's -Res is always a good set up the thing with sonic is its very spammy to keep and or maximize its effect.

So you would have to toggle on youer snowstorm drop freezing rain then go to town with sonic, the problem comes in when you start realizing your now waiting on your summoned storms to dps down minions and using tornado and thunderstorm to take out everything else this is kinda slow and END heavy

so staying alive is now a matter of circling a mob with hurricane and keeping them in the affected range of the rain, tornado, and thunderstorm as you keep blasting away to keep the -Res at max the benefit of psy ice or dark is they help actively keep you alive as you grind a +3 spawn down by either reducing the number of attacks coming your way (psy or ice) or just making them all miss (dark)

whereas sonic lets you kill them faster but will it be survivable enough to finish that fight im not sure the -Res is a powerful debuff im just not sure if it keeps you alive

Comments?

It should be fine.  There's nothing particularly bad about that combo.  Psi blast can be a little weak on AoE but you should be able to make up for that with the damage from storm.  If you slot KB to KD IOs in tornado there's actually some decent synergy between the sets.  Between freezing rain, psi tornado, and tornado you'll have a ton of knockdown/knockup.  Slot a KB to KD IO in gale if you want even more.

I haven't played the combo myself but I have a fire/storm controller with psi epic (and psi tornado) and the amount of soft crowd control is insane.

Thanks!

I have a Fire/Storm I rather like.

Fire Blasters have a well deserved rep as debt magnets. They do big fat AOE that burns and stings and pisses off mobs.

With my Corrupter I still piss things off, however, I have tools for protecting myself solo or team.

Rain of Fire+Freezing Rain+Scourge is utter devastation. Add snow storm with some +slow (and/or +slow in freezing rain) and the mobs have a lot of trouble getting out of the ROF, stay grouped up enough to be hit with Fire Ball, Fire Breath, or whatever.

Hurricane can be slotted for additional accuracy debuff and procs with other debuffs.

Still having trouble with those pesky bad guys hitting on you? Toss out a tornado or two along with a pair of Lightning Storms.

Storm has a pretty neat mixed bag of tricks -- a lot of 'soft' control, strong defenses, debuffs (Snow Storm, Freezing Rain, Hurricane, Tornado - you know tornado debuffs defense and stacks with FR, right?) and lastly some solid damage if you want (Tornado and Lightning Storm).

It doesnt stack the way other sets do but IMO there is synergy of a sort gained by survivability, +damage from debuffs, and +damage from it's outright damage powers.

Storm is a late bloomer and if your going to team you need to learn when and how to use abilities in a way that does not piss off team mates. Solo however you will be the mighty master of the battle field.

Of course this is just one mans thoughts and oppinions :) 

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Sonic's -Res is always a good set up the thing with sonic is its very spammy to keep and or maximize its effect.

So you would have to toggle on youer snowstorm drop freezing rain then go to town with sonic, the problem comes in when you start realizing your now waiting on your summoned storms to dps down minions and using tornado and thunderstorm to take out everything else this is kinda slow and END heavy

so staying alive is now a matter of circling a mob with hurricane and keeping them in the affected range of the rain, tornado, and thunderstorm as you keep blasting away to keep the -Res at max the benefit of psy ice or dark is they help actively keep you alive as you grind a +3 spawn down by either reducing the number of attacks coming your way (psy or ice) or just making them all miss (dark)

whereas sonic lets you kill them faster but will it be survivable enough to finish that fight im not sure the -Res is a powerful debuff im just not sure if it keeps you alive

This build definitely works better as a Defender. With the Defender, you're running (conservatively) -100% resist. The same cycle on the Corruptor would be -75% resist. So the Defender gets a 15% damage bonus over Corruptor there. Then you have to consider that Tornado and Lightning Storm are significant portions of your damage - and they're the same damage for both (no Scourge, no Corruptor 12.5% base damage bonus over Defender). Solo, it's a lot better due to the +30% Vigilance bonus as a Defender. In groups, the additional -resist overwhelms the additional damage a Corruptor might do.

In terms of AE, it's generally the standard ultimate/judgment routine as any high end character.

In terms of survivability, all the Storm Summoning powers tend to make it hard for non-bosses to act. Slotting KB -> KD into Tornado ensures the Tornado doesn't fling them away but simply flops them around while grinding away on them - you don't really need push mobs around very much. There's also a fire-and-forget quality to it where you can simply let your pseudo-pets finish the fight while you move onto the next one.

I have a Fire/Storm I rather like.

Do you have a build you can share?  I was thinking of giving Corrupter a try and Fire/Storms seemed like a fun combination.

He is currently one of many alts I am re leveling. Not yet the person he was.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

If you are a punny type, go dark and make them all armored up.  Corruptors were the first to have a Dark and Stormy Knight, after all.  Controllers only just gained the capability before Sunset.  (Defenders would be a Stormy and Dark Knight, sadly).

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.