Putting together an Elec/Elec

Generator

Hey,

So I finally started an Elec/Elec Sentinel this morning, and made myself hideously late for work as I leveled her to 5 and went to Port Oakes to grab a newspaper.  :)

I'm away from Pines atm, but I was looking the powers over earlier.

Looking at Electric Blast and I'm seeing 1) Zapp is now Zapping Bolt, I guess like Blaze or any of those other high-dmg 3rd blsts, and 2) Tesla Cage now does heavy damage wih a side of Hold, like Bitter Ice Blast.

Looking at Electric Armor, and I saw Lightning Field is gone, replaced by a +Regen toggle (that, if I read right, costs more end than the rest of the set put together O_o ).

With all that in mind, anyone got any advice on how to build one of these?  Are all the powers worth taking?  My first draft is always an SO/common IO version, apart from those "no duh" IOs you would take anywhere/everywhere.

Thanks,

Generator

Oh, okay.  Just so we're clear, I can live without Lightning Field, I was just noting that was where the set changed relative to what I'm used to (I have Electric characters across a wide range of ATs, among them a Brute from the "old days" that I've recreated here, so I was using that as my point of comparison).

My first and only sentinel is a elec/elec-lvl 17 currently. I am not an expert, but I will give my experience so far.

Compared to blasters I played on live briefly, and my lvl 26 fire/time corruptor this go round, this character is a beast. You do have the shorter range, but feel free to blast away and not worry, too much. In group play when I blast to much and have the baddies in my face the survivability is so nice. I took 5/6 attack powers, and first 4 /elec toggles. Only issue I have, prob due to poor slotting due to noob itis, is running low on end if fighting to many baddies at once. but I'm loving this combo.

I'm learning as I go, but for me I think I found my main. Once I can figure out a good build and IO enhance, will be a super survivable, heck of a beast.

I got her up to 12 last night.  @graeberguinn, funny you mention the range thing, as I am feeling that a lot more than I expected I would.  I have an Elec Blaster as my main, and I guess I am very subconsciously aware of his capabilities, as several times, I got into what I was expecting to be range for Ball Lightning, only to hit the button, and nothing.  "Hmm, did I leave the safety on... oh right, Sentinel Range, grr!"  It's enough to make me think that if she gets high enough to Incarnate, I'm very likely to use one of the two Alpha abilities that boosts range.

I've been keeping track of what I've been doing in Pine's builder, but I have to start doing more forward-planning of Ann, as opposed to standing there at the Arbiter going, "Uhhh, what am I gonna do now...?"

So to give an update I'm at 23 now. Biggest issues I've found so far is END, surprisingly, and recharge times. I'm still learning how to slot and can't afford any SO or IO atm. I did run frostfire solo and turned it up to +1 and was having a more challenging time. When I ran through Position 1 + 2 I had no issues but running out of END. Not sure if it's my build/slotting or all the clockwork draining me. But I felt way more survivable than on blasters I had tried before.

I did play on live, but not much, so I'm not a total newbie to the game, but have a lot to learn.

I know I can and prob will need to Respec later, but seeing as how sents have their secondary, I picked up all 3 fighting attacks. Boxing, kick, and cross punch. I thought for the feel of the character, mostly for solo it would add a cool astetic. I do like them actually,  used them alot during TF runs. not sure if it'll fit into a completed build though.

Can you let me know how you are handling the secondary /elec. What did you pick/going to pick up? What are you running toggle wise? What pool powers are you planning on taking? Thanks again. Happy hunting.

I got her up to 12 last night.  @graeberguinn, funny you mention the range thing, as I am feeling that a lot more than I expected I would.  I have an Elec Blaster as my main, and I guess I am very subconsciously aware of his capabilities, as several times, I got into what I was expecting to be range for Ball Lightning, only to hit the button, and nothing.  "Hmm, did I leave the safety on... oh right, Sentinel Range, grr!"  It's enough to make me think that if she gets high enough to Incarnate, I'm very likely to use one of the two Alpha abilities that boosts range.

I've been keeping track of what I've been doing in Pine's builder, but I have to start doing more forward-planning of Ann, as opposed to standing there at the Arbiter going, "Uhhh, what am I gonna do now...?"

You probably won't need range increase if you can find a way to 3 slot the two ATO sets at least (and one is very worth taking to 5 or 6 slot, the other is reasonably worth taking to 6, so that's easy to do). Together in their Superior versions they grant +20% range which gets you to almost blaster. Frankenslotting them or combining with their lower versions gets you to +35 to +40% (over a Blaster), and doing it with their non-superior versions can get you to a whopping +70%.

Love the name Ann Ionic -- she needs a pet sidekick named Cat Ionic.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

You probably won't need range increase if you can find a way to 3 slot the two ATO sets at least (and one is very worth taking to 5 or 6 slot, the other is reasonably worth taking to 6, so that's easy to do). Together in their Superior versions they grant +20% range which gets you to almost blaster. Frankenslotting them or combining with their lower versions gets you to +35 to +40% (over a Blaster), and doing it with their non-superior versions can get you to a whopping +70%.

Love the name Ann Ionic -- she needs a pet sidekick named Cat Ionic.

I was thinking her sister (Kat Ionic) would be like an Elec/Elec Dom or something.  :)

I won't lie, when I rolled Ann, I went back and forth as to whether the name was clever or stupid (I can be very hard on myself with that stuff), but I've gotten nothing but positive feedback on the name, so I'm happy.

I'll keep an eye out for the ATOs, thanks for the heads up.

Here is a quick sketch of what I want to try and do, just at the common-IO level.  If anyone's got any feedback I'm all ears.

Generator

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ann Ionic: Level 50 Mutation Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast

Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Concealment

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Charged Bolts -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(3), RechRdx-I(21), Dmg-I(25), Dmg-I(37)

Level 1: Charged Armor -- EndRdx-I(A), ResDam-I(3), ResDam-I(9), ResDam-I(21)

Level 2: Lightning Bolt -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(5), RechRdx-I(5), Dmg-I(17), Dmg-I(37), Dmg-I(50)

Level 4: Fly -- Flight-I(A)

Level 6: Ball Lightning -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(7), RechRdx-I(7), Dmg-I(17), Dmg-I(36), Dmg-I(50)

Level 8: Zapping Bolt -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(9), RechRdx-I(11), Dmg-I(23), Dmg-I(36), Dmg-I(46)

Level 10: Charged Shield -- EndRdx-I(A), Heal-I(11), Heal-I(42)

Level 12: Tesla Cage -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(13), RechRdx-I(15), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(31), Hold-I(43)

Level 14: Energize -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15), Heal-I(23), Heal-I(31)

Level 16: Static Shield -- EndRdx-I(A), ResDam-I(33), ResDam-I(42), ResDam-I(43)

Level 18: Conductive Shield -- EndRdx-I(A), ResDam-I(25), ResDam-I(27), ResDam-I(29)

Level 20: Grounded -- ResDam-I(A)

Level 22: Combat Jumping -- Jump-I(A)

Level 24: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 26: Short Circuit -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(27), RechRdx-I(29), EndMod-I(31), EndMod-I(40), EndMod-I(45)

Level 28: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)

Level 30: Stealth -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(33), Dmg-I(34), Dmg-I(34), Dmg-I(34)

Level 35: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(36), EndMod-I(37)

Level 38: Power Surge -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(39), RechRdx-I(39), RechRdx-I(39), Hold-I(40), Hold-I(40)

Level 41: Havoc Punch -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(43), Dmg-I(45), Dmg-I(46), Dmg-I(48)

Level 44: Paralyzing Jolt -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(46), Empty(48)

Level 47: Rehabilitating Circuit -- RechRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(48), Heal-I(50)

Level 49: Recall Friend -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(13), EndMod-I(19)

------------