Biggest Mistake you Ever Made in COX

Marine X

I think not understanding the Original Difficulty settings. When you went to the NPC to Change it,  it said something like

" the People of Paragon City see you to be _________" , the choices were Heroic, Tenacious, .....Invincible. I thought Invincible sounded great so I selected it not realizing it changed the difficulty of my missions. This is when debt started at level 5, it was a long slog to 10, lol.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

First main character, an Inv/SS Tank - I didn't take Unyielding because the description said I'd get hit more. I had no idea it was the main mez protection.

Respecs were thin on the ground, but thankfully I had a good SG on the US servers who very patiently took me through Terra Volta and made the character feasible - I'm still surprised I got so high without it.

Ahem.

First main character, an Inv/SS Tank - I didn't take Unyielding because the description said I'd get hit more. I had no idea it was the main mez protection.

Did the exact same thing on my first main (Kat/Inv Scrapper) for the exact same reason. Fortunately a fellow player convinced me to grab it in my 30s.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

My first main was a spines/sr scrapper.  Had terrible endurance issues so i didnt take any toggles in /sr.  I also had SS, SJ and teleport. 

Biggest might have been quitting the game after i10.  Was quite pissed about crafting, especially when i had 2 accounts full of ho/sho'd out characters.  Now that im playing again i realize how simple and painless the crafting is here after playing MMOs like Darkfall, POTBS, and GW.

Respec trial with purples everywhere. Accidentally aggroed a 2nd group. Everyone died but me, I managed to leg it. Best part was that no one knew it was me luckily. That was my first ever Tank. Doesn't happen anymore. :-[

My first Tanker was an Inv/EM.  At the start you couldn't run both Temp Invuln and Unyielding Stance at the same time.  I looked at the two of them, saw US rooted you, thought, "Well screw that!"  And proceeded to get stunned every two seconds.

Oh, and I didn't grasp how important Fitness was, so I just totally did not plan around that. 

Long story short, to paraphrase Saruman, I had chosen the way of pain.  :)

I don't know if it's my biggest. It's certainly my most memorable and amusing though.

Slotting Avalanche in Burn.

Chance for knockdown, or 0.67 mag knockback, in something that ticks as fast as Burn.. Fun fact, KB mag can and does stack. Enemies get flung out of Burn right and left, it's great but terrible.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Letting the then-Community Manager, Lighthouse, tick me off badly enough (with a horribly unjust action) to unsubscribe around Issue 14's launch ... and then not resubscribing again, before the game was shut down.  That was my biggest mistake.  :'(

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

My first character was an energy/energy blaster.  I figured that if guys were flying all over the place, they couldn't hit me, and kicking them back kept me out of melee range. 

So I slotted EVERYTHING for knockback.  I got booted from so many teams before I figured out why.  It took way to long to dawn on me that scrappers and tankers might not have wanted enemies pushed back a mile. 

My first character was a katana/dark scrapper, and at level 19 I rerolled because I couldn't see ever having the endurance to run all of my toggles and also fight.  I remember friends told me that I just needed stamina and to slot things better, but to me the set was unplayable so I wouldn't listen.

Not that switching to katana/regen was a bad decision per se, especially back in the beginning of the game.  But dark armor was just fine if I learned to slot for it, and pick up stamina.

I also had a tendency to create characters strictly because one aspect of one power amused me.  I saw a battle axe tank tossing the axe back and forth when they taunted, and so I made a fire/battle axe tanker.  I saw a kinetics controller bouncing a hellion all over Atlas Park with repel, and so I made a fire/kin troller.  These were not bad decisions in the long run, but my reasons for making them were pretty weak, lol. 

I also vividly remember the first time I tried to tank Rularu on my fire tank.  I thought, hey, I'm a level 50 tank, I've got this, right?  THAT was a mistake for certain.

My first character was an energy/energy blaster.  I figured that if guys were flying all over the place, they couldn't hit me, and kicking them back kept me out of melee range. 

So I slotted EVERYTHING for knockback.  I got booted from so many teams before I figured out why.  It took way to long to dawn on me that scrappers and tankers might not have wanted enemies pushed back a mile.

I hear ya.  My first was (and still is) an energy/energy blaster. And while I didn't do anything to increase the natural knockback of several powers, I still managed to piss off the scrappers.

"Face the impossible... and make it your bitch."

~ Dynamistress

www.dynamistress.com

Past mistakes: not playing live more. Should at least have gotten one character to 50, but never did. (In my defense, I've never reached max level with any character in a MMO. I don't care if admitting it just makes you want even more to throw things at me. I'm standing by it. It's not good or bad, it's just a thing that happens.)

Current mistake: as my first character on this server, try out Tanker, and make it Titan Weapon/Ice.

It's slow.

... so slow.

... I'm a stubborn idiot, so I'm keeping this character. But so sloooow.

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

Chairkicker, you need to find a Kinetic defender to duo with.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I hear ya.  My first was (and still is) an energy/energy blaster. And while I didn't do anything to increase the natural knockback of several powers, I still managed to piss off the scrappers.

My first was an Energy/fire blaster here... took me 2 years to get him to 50 because no one wanted to play with him. (plus, I might not have known how to play him properly in the beginning... Just a possibility.....)

Chairkicker, you need to find a Kinetic defender to duo with.  :)

I'm doing a lot of soloing right now because I'm not playing very long at a time, but I'm definitely keeping that in mind for whenever I can group up, thanks for the advice.  ;D

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

The biggest mistake I ever made? Probably stopping playing around 2010. I missed out on SO many changes... just to get a stupid wife and kids...

*grumble, grumble* stupid wife.... *grumble* stupid kids...

I'm out.