WP to hit debuff question

thebandet

I've got everything planned out on my DB/WP brute, but I'm trying to decide on my last slot, but I've also got a question about one of the enhancements I'm considering using in that slot.

As it is, I've got 2 EndMod IOs in Stamina. I could put the last slot in it and throw in 3 efficacy adapters for +1.13% max health and +1.5% recovery. I don't know if I'm going to have endurance problems or not. I'm only running hasten when I'm debuffed. But I would like to run focused accuracy (but I don't think I really need to).

Or I could put that last slot into Rise to the Challenge. Right now I've got 2 def debuff IOs and 3 Numina's. With that extra slot, I'd put in the Dark Watcher's Despair proc that does a 25% recharge reduction 3.5x / min.

I do have a question about the Dark Watcher's proc though. Since Rise to the Challenge is my scaling defense power, would that proc trigger on everyone aggroed to me? Or would it just effect the person I'm hitting (hopefully it fires when I hit an AoE!), or will it not trigger at all since the power doesn't technically target anyone itself (or does it target people, I'm not sure)?

So help me out guys, what do you think I should do?

Thank you TONS!!!!

I do have a question about the Dark Watcher's proc though. Since Rise to the Challenge is my scaling defense power, would that proc trigger on everyone aggroed to me? Or would it just effect the person I'm hitting (hopefully it fires when I hit an AoE!), or will it not trigger at all since the power doesn't technically target anyone itself (or does it target people, I'm not sure)?

Your aura affects up to 10 mobs at a time (even if there are 20 in range, it only hits 10), and the proc has a chance to work on anyone the aura is affecting.  You can have up to 17 mobs aggro'd to you.

Unless the proc has a very long duration, I probably wouldn't recommend it.  If it gave a -25% slow to everything in range when it triggered, it'd be great; as would it if it had enough uptime to stack against AVs or other single hard targets.  But debuffing three random minions for a few seconds each out of any given minute won't make any kind of meaningful difference to you -- you'd see much more impact with just adding more -tohit.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Your aura affects up to 10 mobs at a time (even if there are 20 in range, it only hits 10), and the proc has a chance to work on anyone the aura is affecting.  You can have up to 17 mobs aggro'd to you.

Unless the proc has a very long duration, I probably wouldn't recommend it.  If it gave a -25% slow to everything in range when it triggered, it'd be great; as would it if it had enough uptime to stack against AVs or other single hard targets.  But debuffing three random minions for a few seconds each out of any given minute won't make any kind of meaningful difference to you -- you'd see much more impact with just adding more -tohit.

I appreciate the feedback, but your comment raises more questions.

If I'm attacking an AV/EB, but had 20 other mobs on me, would the AV/EB I'm attacking count as one of the 10 that my aura is affecting; or are the 10 chosen at random?

Is - slow the same as - recharge? I always thought they were different. Just checking because, if there is a difference, I wanted to make sure we were both talking about recharge reduction and not movement speed reduction.

The proc text is: "Chance for -Rech: Gives a chance to slow your foes recharge rate by 25%. This effect will trigger roughly 3.5 times per minute." So I don't know the duration. Is there a way to find out? If it's active for 17 seconds or more than it would be a perma debuff on an AV/EB. If that was the case, would it be worth it?

Thank you so much for your help @jack_nomind (and anyone else that chimes in)!

If I'm attacking an AV/EB, but had 20 other mobs on me, would the AV/EB I'm attacking count as one of the 10 that my aura is affecting; or are the 10 chosen at random?

It's not random, but I don't know exactly how the list is ordered.  It's one of first-in-time, aggro, or position as the tick runs.  So, you know -- engage the EB/AV first, keep aggro on them, and keep them very slightly to your right I guess?

Is - slow the same as - recharge? I always thought they were different. Just checking because, if there is a difference, I wanted to make sure we were both talking about recharge reduction and not movement speed reduction.

Fair enough; you're right that Slow enhancements enhance -runspeed and not -rech.  The term colloquially gets used to refer to either or both.  In this case I meant -rech.

The proc text is: "Chance for -Rech: Gives a chance to slow your foes recharge rate by 25%. This effect will trigger roughly 3.5 times per minute." So I don't know the duration. Is there a way to find out?

If it's slotted it should show in the power's detailed info... the easiest thing is to test it on Justin.

As far as the duration... you'll get basically a new mitigation layer with 1/6th of 25 * (% uptime) as % mitigation vs single AVs.  So if it has 100% uptime (17s), you get a ~4% mitigation layer.  200% uptime (that is, it stacks) would be better.  Less than 100% is almost certainly too little.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

If it's slotted it should show in the power's detailed info... the easiest thing is to test it on Justin.

As far as the duration... you'll get basically a new mitigation layer with 1/6th of 25 * (% uptime) as % mitigation vs single AVs.  So if it has 100% uptime (17s), you get a ~4% mitigation layer.  200% uptime (that is, it stacks) would be better.  Less than 100% is almost certainly too little.

It doesn't show. Is there any place I can find it?