Discussion: Best Secondary as far as fun and damage

madatlis

Unfortunately, nothing beats Fire in overall DPS performance. Now, fun is something that is quite subjective.

To you, maybe fun = DPS. To me, it usually means synergy with the primary powerset. To others, it could be aesthetics or concept.

Personally, considering fun + performance I tend to enjoy Dark, Water, Rad, and Beam Rifle the most. Sonic is a ST monster, but the sound effects can be annoying after a while.

And I should mention DP might feel lackluster but there are records of a few Time/DP soloing ITF on +4/8. Incarnates are that strong.

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

I always thought that Dual Pistols animations were always fun.. however lacking in a little damage compared to Fire. I was wondering what other people thought or have experimented with.

I tend to like secondaries that do things in addition to damage. Both /Dark and /Rad provide debuffing as well as damage. In my opinion, a /Rad defeder makes enemies melt faster than a /Fire defender because of the debuffing. YMMV.

I always thought that Dual Pistols animations were always fun.. however lacking in a little damage compared to Fire. I was wondering what other people thought or have experimented with.

I tend to like secondaries that do things in addition to damage. Both /Dark and /Rad provide debuffing as well as damage. In my opinion, a /Rad defeder makes enemies melt faster than a /Fire defender because of the debuffing. YMMV.

That's why /Sonic is popular, too. Throwing around -res debuffs with every attack is a pretty nice perk.

Well that's the fun part about dual pistols. You can decide between knockback, dot-damage, slow or -dmg depending on your choice of ammo. Sadly I haven't found a fitting concept yet.

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

Going anything but Sonic tends to be 'sub-optimal' unless you're trying to make a purely solo build due to the -resist debuffs.

I think Beam is worthwhile - especially once you hit 50+ and 'AE damage' is largely just ultimates and incarnate blasts. Because it packs both -regen and a bit of -resist, it can be useful support.

Dual Pistols has the same benefit - it can debuff resist a bit (as well as damage, depending on your selection).

Fire Blast is the highest overall personal damage in most cases, though.

Water blast has some amazing aoes, and the animations are just fun.

Created a Empath/Water Hero this past weekend and she can hold her own.

Though she did die to Undead puke early on in the sewers while on a mission.

Want to get her another level or two and then off to Perez Park and look for nice tight groups of Blues.