Confused about Auction House prices

I never dabbled in the AH when we played years ago, and it still confuses me. I got a recipe drop I want to sell. It's orange, Call To Arms level 13, Acc/Dam/Rech. According to the auction house the sell price was 22 million the last 4 sales, but the fifth sale was a few hundred.

So did the person who sold it for a few hundred royally mess up, or is the 22 million price an error?

I've seen the same with other things, where the price jumps from millions to thousands on the same day.

Can someone explain? Glad I decided to stick to SO's.

[*]It's still an "unstable" market, since it's such a new market.

[*]People don't quite yet understand/realize the "fungibility" of the items in the market that SCoRE added

[*]People goof all the time. And when it's a smaller, slower to move market, those goof stick around longer because there are less transactions overall

I'm out.

Sometimes the last five displayed are clearly incorrect.  People have pointed out that Winter IOs (for example) will sometimes show a last five that might include one or two selling for less than 10,000 influence, despite them routinely selling for closer to 25 million (because it costs 25 million to buy one of the winter packs that they come in).  People have verified that these are display errors because they can put in a bid for, say, 100,000, and after a day or two it will show that there were new sales for much less than their bid, which isn't actually possible.

On the other hand, I don't normally price rare recipes and sometimes those sell for silly money.  For example, people had noticed that a Miracle +recovery recipe was recently selling for as much as 10 million influence, when the crafted IO sells for around 5 million, because people can churn out lots of the crafted IOs by converting from IOs that are much cheaper.  Not everyone looking for the recipe realizes this or checks the price for a fully crafted IO, so you get weird discrepancies like that.

So I'd say it's entirely possible for a recipe to have sold for a very high price, and then a very low price.  What that means is someone saw that there were only 1 or 2 or 3 for sale, and listed for a high price, and eventually someone that wanted to buy the recipe right now paid for it.  Meanwhile other people put in bids for really low prices, and someone came along and dumped their recipe for 1 influence and it sold instantly for whatever the highest price was, which might well have been only a few hundred influence.

Sometimes people will offer up something for 1 influ which means it sells practically instantly but on the low side. My guess is that's what is happening.

Can someone explain? Glad I decided to stick to SO's.

Far better to get the memorization badges and slot level 25 common IOs. Sell the level 30s on the market and this can be done as a way to get startup money. SOs are just a waste of resources.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

at those prices for what is a mediocre recipe someone either

- Put in the wrong amount.

- Their child managed to get on their computer while they were logged in and had the auction house window open.

- Someone was spreading their wealth randomly

- Someone was doing a somewhat cack handed influence transfer.

at those prices for what is a mediocre recipe someone either

- Someone was doing a somewhat cack handed influence transfer.

I am reasonably sure this is what's going on for many of these listings. The Auction House used to be a major means of trading influence from alt to alt on an account for people not in trusted supergroups.

It's very possible--likely even--that a plethora of people are unaware you can email influence and items to your global chat handle, now, and trade items not only across characters but across servers.