Request List: Unavailable NPC Costume Parts Added to Costume Creator

OpMegs

I too would like more NPC costume parts to be available or converted to player available use. You've already mentioned one of the examples that I would have mentioned, the big Praetorian Police gloves, but I'd also like to see more parts from the Paragon Police. Few examples of that, the PPD Hard Suit (basically all of it) and the SWAT guys have some good costume parts too.

https://paragonwiki.com/w/images//4/44/PPDHardSuit1.jpg

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:SWATEqualizer1.jpg

I really want all the various robot and power armour pieces NPCs get that we don't have, like the various crey helmets, Lord Nemesis' armour pieces, the dome head and arm cannons of Council/Column bots, Rikti power suit parts, Resistance/IDF power fists, Vandal's arm cannon, PPD hardsuit parts, and so on so forth.

I also definitely, definitely want the tactical vest that Malta Ops and SWAT officers get. Its ommission is super glaring for natural themed characters.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 5 weeks later

A few weeks ago there was a post on reddit that showed Sybyl dangling bits in character creation, as well as Ghost Widow hairstyle, probably with a mod somewhere. I hope this will make it easier to unlock some npc parts for characters here, especially for what concerns robes and dangling things in general. 🙂

• 6 months later
  • 4 months later
  • 5 weeks later
  • 1 month later

A few of these have already been covered, but I would like to reiterate the need for them and add some new suggestions of my own:

- Deer antlers (like Woodsman or Tuatha) for standard heads and helmets

- Snake lower bodies like Talons

- Dress thing like Sorceress Serene

- goat/deer tail

- tintable hairy animal legs and feet (we currently only have flesh-colored hooves)

- old faces that don't look evil (they currently all look like emperor Palpatine. To be specific, I want Irish actor David Kelly, rest in peace)

- tabards (like knights wear, could be filed as a jacket?)

- a frog animal head

I think that costume pieces that AVs, the Vindicators, etc. have that make them unique from everyone else should not be offered to us - just some basic elements from their costumes. I think that they should have costume parts that are unique to them, as it helps set them apart and makes them "special".

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Yes, for adding mob costume pieces.

No for adding Signature character's unique costume pieces.

Yeah, I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to be running around with Ms. Liberty's Excalibur, for example.

I'm out.

'Still want the additional Circle of Thorns bits that the guys got (the Death Mage backpiece and more elaborate kilt, the gloves with the single large spine, the fancy-pants shoulder/high-collar part with the little cape-) ported to the female model, please... My lady-mages are feeling a bit left out. (Kai in particular. I really can't do a proper Death Mage outfit for her as things stand now. Which makes me all kinds of sad-panda. 😞 )

PS: Please port the Thorn Blade weapon model to the rest of the sword-using sets? It's cool that Broadsword gets it, but it would also be nice if all the other sword sets did, too.  

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

7 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Yes, for adding mob costume pieces.

No for adding Signature character's unique costume pieces.

I'm kind of 'Yes and no' on this. For example, males are in desperate need of new hair styles, and if we have to beat up maelstrom, shave him bald, and take his hair (AND his pistols) then so be it. Maelstrom has plenty of unique pieces to his costume plus some unique animation bits. He can afford to share the hair, and Scirocco (and several villain NPCs) have entirely unique models, and I know many players who'd love Scirocco's belt for Egyptian themed characters and he wouldn't lose his identity for loss of it (since everything else about him is unique.* Also the belt/skirt would need massive remodeling since I don't think players can even get Scirocco's proportions). But characters like Ms. Liberty as mentioned, who only has a grand total of two unique costume pieces (her shoulders and belt) or Back Alley Braweler with only one (his gauntlets), probably best to let them keep their unique items.

*except his sword, which the live devs handed out to common ToV bosses which bugged the living hell out of me. "It's a unique weapon with a unique backstory. Until we decided we don't want to give the ToV any of the number of other broadsword/scimitar weapon models we have" -Probably Positron. Sorry, it's just something that bugs the heck out of me.

@StrykerGaming
Like I mentioned with Scirocco, something to be aware of with borrowing costume pieces for certain NPCs is that it's not as easy as just unlocking the selection in the player costume menu. If you've ever messed with the Dev version of Icon, you'll see characters like Desdemona can apply their costume pieces like player characters, but they're specially tailored to connect uniquely to eachother to where you're only hope of making a cohesive look is to just make Desdemona. Not helped Desdemona has a unique skin-tone that can't be changed and so forth. You can also see this a bit with Mother Mayhem pieces in the editor and to a lesser extent the MK VI (victoria) pieces.

• 8 months later

Just bumping this since I feel that a lot of these are relevant and needed for people to fully enjoy the game and since I was discussing this very thing with my friends.

Also please add the PPD pieces for hardsuits and the swat npc's, they look so damn cool and would work really well for RP.

If the problem with this dress is that it ONLY works with that belt because of the gap under the belt, then the solution is painfully simple.  Make this a special category like when they added Togas and make it so that belt is automatically equipped with no other options (including no None option).  The only option from the player's perspective is how to color it.

After that, if players want the flowy arm things... shoulder option, or maybe they might want something else in place of that.  Bikini or shorts or full leggings, whatever tights or bottoms with skin options the player wants to customize with, same for the upper body under the dress.  Limit the belt and leave the rest up to players' to play with.

240px-Sister_Solaris.jpg