Survivable Jedi Midrange tank

fatenabu1

Hello,

So I am just horsing around with a character builder and I designed this. It is sort of a Jedi and also could be maybe a mid-range tank or something. I know it is weird and expensive most likley or maybe impossible. I don't know things I am new. I know I haven't placed all of my enhancement slots. Would love some thoughts.

Thanks,

Dustin

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Jedi: Level 50 Magic Blaster

Primary Power Set: Psychic Blast

Secondary Power Set: Ninja Training

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Presence

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:

------------

Level 1: Mental Blast

(A) Accuracy IO

(33) Damage Increase IO

(34) Range IO

Level 1: Immobilizing Dart

(A) Accuracy IO

(34) Damage Increase IO

(34) Range IO

Level 2: Sting of the Wasp

(A) Defense Debuff IO

(3) Damage Increase IO

(3) Accuracy IO

Level 4: Telekinetic Blast

(A) Range IO

(5) Damage Increase IO

(5) Damage Increase IO

Level 6: Combat Jumping

(A) Defense Buff IO

(7) Defense Buff IO

(7) Defense Buff IO

(9) Defense Buff IO

(9) Defense Buff IO

(31) Defense Buff IO

Level 8: Will Domination

(A) Sleep Duration IO

(17) Endurance Reduction IO

(17) Accuracy IO

Level 10: Shinobi

(A) Defense Buff IO

(11) Defense Buff IO

(11) Defense Buff IO

(13) Defense Buff IO

(13) Defense Buff IO

(31) Defense Buff IO

Level 12: Boxing

(A) Empty

Level 14: Tough

(A) Resist Damage IO

(15) Resist Damage IO

(15) Resist Damage IO

Level 16: Weave

(A) Defense Buff IO

(19) Defense Buff IO

(21) Defense Buff IO

(21) Defense Buff IO

(23) Defense Buff IO

(23) Defense Buff IO

Level 18: Psionic Lance

(A) Damage Increase IO

(19) Interrupt Reduction IO

(37) Damage Increase IO

Level 20: Provoke

(A) Accuracy IO

(25) Range IO

(25) Taunt Duration IO

(48) Taunt Duration IO

Level 22: Kuji-In Toh

(A) Endurance Modification IO

(40) Healing IO

Level 24: Maneuvers

(A) Defense Buff IO

(27) Defense Buff IO

(27) Defense Buff IO

(29) Defense Buff IO

(29) Defense Buff IO

(31) Defense Buff IO

Level 26: Scramble Thoughts

(A) Damage Increase IO

(48) Damage Increase IO

(50) Range IO

Level 28: Smoke Flash

(A) Empty

(48) Empty

Level 30: The Lotus Drops

(A) Empty

(33) Empty

(33) Empty

Level 32: Psychic Wail

(A) Empty

(43) Empty

(46) Empty

Level 35: Personal Force Field

(A) Defense Buff IO

(36) Defense Buff IO

(36) Defense Buff IO

(36) Defense Buff IO

(37) Defense Buff IO

(37) Defense Buff IO

Level 38: Golden Dragonfly

(A) Empty

(40) Empty

(40) Empty

Level 41: Repulsion Field

(A) Endurance Reduction IO

(42) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 44: Force of Nature

(A) Resist Damage IO

(45) Resist Damage IO

(45) Resist Damage IO

(45) Resist Damage IO

(46) Resist Damage IO

(46) Resist Damage IO

Level 47: Jump Kick

(A) Damage Increase IO

Level 49: Acrobatics

(A) Endurance Reduction IO

(50) Endurance Reduction IO

(50) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

(A) Empty

Level 1: Defiance

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

(A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

(A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

(A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

(A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

(A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

(A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

(A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

(A) Empty

Level 2: Health

(A) Healing IO

(39) Healing IO

Level 2: Hurdle

(A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina

(A) Endurance Modification IO

(39) Endurance Modification IO

(39) Endurance Modification IO

Level 50: Barrier Total Radial Invocation

Level 50: Nerve Radial Paragon

------------

Jedi_-_Blaster_Psychic_Blast.mxd

Honestly what you want to go look at is the Sentinel. Not only is it shorter ranged than a blaster (so, more 'mid' if we can pretend for a moment that 80ft is long range) but it's a lot more survivable. Immensely, ridiculously so. Worth a try given the concept you open with.

Perhaps more importantly though, what you've got here is extreme overslotting on what blasters get the least of %wise, and severe underslotting on what they offer the most of (that is to say, killy bits). There is diminishing returns, you see..

Let's just take Weave here, as it's one of your bigger sources of +Defense%:

- With 2 level 50 IOs in there, we start touching upon "Enhancement Diversification" ("ED"). So the total bonus to the original value is not 51% but 49.7%. So with two such IOs, Weave gets you 5.24% defense up from 3.5% Not bad!

- A third slot brings us to 5.55%  ... well that's not a whole lot more but, you know... maybe it had something else on it or was part of a set bonus or something.

- A fourth slot brings us to 5.68%

- Slot five of defense IO ... 5.81%. Starting to feel like you're being scammed here a little.

- Slot six. 5.95%

Those last FOUR slots worth of +defense bonus all added up to a grand total of 0.71%.

And you've not lowered the cost per-tick or anything else. Or Force of Nature's recharge time - how often will it be up compared to how often it COULD be up?

Now, compare that to... Kujin-Toh. This is your Sustain - a critical slapdash of a bandaid power for Blaster Survivability that was introduced to the i24 (that's what was beginning testing when the game died a decade ago) test servers to address an extreme comparative faceplanting problem.

- What would happen if we took even just TWO of those slots you have in Weave and moved them here for a second Health and a second EndMod IO? You'll note that far, far more (even if it's "just half") of the regen bonus here is enhanceable than Health's. And It's worth two staminas too. A slot can mean a whole lot more in here.

Of course there's the matter of your attacks. Now, when it comes to overslotting for something, for a blaster, damage is what gets the most out of it even if pines says you're deep in the red. Still not something to go all-in on all the time, but damage is, how to say, the "least bad" thing to go over into for this archetype. But, that's not all. See, those attacks, they need to hit. 200 damage is 0 if it whiffs. Plus they often go really wide and make you feel like an idiot as you watch it happen. You need accuracy. You need recharge to use them more often. You may want to up the range on cones especially as well - the longer the wider. And, turns out, attacks spend a LOT of endurance real fast especially area ones. Lowering the cost there can have a spectacular effect on your blue bar.

Blasters have some of the lowest level of issues with endurance now with the Sustain powers, but you still have to actually bother slotting things around a bit.

- That psychic tornado for example? Costs 18.51 base. Out of a base maximum of 100 endurance (health grows, endurance doesn't with levels. You can add a teeny bit more in a few ways, but for now let's just assume you'll not see above 105 for a long time). And you want that endurance spent to not just be lower but to be worth a whole lot more damage right? Kinda sucks to use up almost a fifth of your whole bar in one move and see it do like a quarter of a bunch of minions health - and then they all get to shoot back. If it cost 2/3 as much and blew half their health off in one hit, way better right?

If you stick to blasters - and concept-aside I hope you give'em a whirl - understand this: dead things can't hurt you. dead things stop hurting your friends. Dead things are money and XP and sometimes drops. You are blaster; you are not there for things to hear you roar, you are there to shoot things in the face and smash their skulls open with unreasonably powerful melee attacks before they get a hold of you and rend you limb from limb. And they will. We're kinda squishy that way so ideally you'll be doing your wanton high-explosive "arresting" of bodily functions while someone way more resilient than you did the roaring and got their attention.

The difference between a fully slotted nuke (that's your level 32, final primary power in any blast set) and 3 empty slots is unforgettable.

Except for the bad guys. They're dead. Their liquefied minds can't remember anything.

Interesting.

Granted, your slotting is just...I probably shouldn't say  :-X

But the concept is neat.  The difference between a Sentinal and a Blaster though, is the Sent is full range while the Blaster can have a lightsaber.  The only thing I'd change is don't try to make it a Tank.  Just make it survivable and maybe some decent controls.

Another idea I thought of is, what about Sonic/Ninja/Force with animations emanating from the hands?  It's got a force push and a mind trick sleep.  Just a thought.

I've actually been kind of enamored about creating a Jedi/Sith SG I started thinking of different ways to make such concepts with various ATs.

I'm trying to keep them in my head though cause I don't want to be making like 20 more alts quite yet, all with variations of swords skinned as lightsabers.

I was actually a bit disappointed that Dominator didn't have a Ninja Assault with to go with Electric Control or Mind Control or the most fitting, Gravity Control.