River Rat Badge

Guardian

I had some trouble with this one too, look for buoys and what I did was move along the bridge's length as well as traveling past it.  The hardest part is the point around the east of Nova Praetoria, try hitting those points again and then hitting the bridges. good luck.

800px-Badge_River_Rat.jpg

Hmm

I had put one post up showing that I had cleared and how, but it seems like that post is gone now.

To help those out there with this.

I had went to another computer and that one didn't show where I had previously been (naturally).

So starting out fresh, I made sure I was IN the water and using the swim animation. Then I went to each location again but using the flight in the water. Making sure the swim animation was going, I was able to fly to each location again.

I did find my missing badge near one of the bridges that is right on the water and not above the water. So be careful around those two bridges.

Make sure you stay IN the water I would suggest.

Thanks

I had the exact same issue, and like Guardian it turned out it was one of the two bridges right on the water. In my case it was Badge No. 17 (you have to swim to the side of the bridge, it's not in the center like vidiotmap's shows).

It may be a bit tedious, but one thing you can do is when you visit a location, look at the progress bar for the badge.  If you visit a location and the progress bar did not advance, then keep trying at that location until the bar advances.  This way, you confirm you visited it before moving on, and you don't need to visit all 19 locations again trying to find which one you missed....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I had the exact same issue, and like Guardian it turned out it was one of the two bridges right on the water. In my case it was Badge No. 17 (you have to swim to the side of the bridge, it's not in the center like vidiotmap's shows).

That was it for me : point 17 is on the north side of the bridge.

Taum Athe et non je ne suis pas un fruit et encore moins un thaumaturge !

• 2 months later
  • 2 weeks later

I finally got this badge last night.  I'd been sitting at 18/19 for weeks.  I went back yesterday and retraced my steps (strokes?) and it turns out I was missing #5.  My guess is I wasn't actually in the water the first time I tried to get it.  I made sure I turned off Flight this time.

Heavy, man

My missing after flying in the water was #2 in Nova Praetoria in the Vidiotsmap. It triggered when I went swimming in all zones. I sure do prefer when one gets either a individual badge of a set or at least an audio and visual confirmation that you have hit the spot. This one you have to have the badge tab open instead, and keep on switching between that an map. As for me and many others we realise that something is wrong when #19 just don't trigger and you then realise it was some earlier that you didn't get.