Powerset Icon color customization.

As the title says.

An option to change the color of our tray power icons. We can already have custom color effects for them all, but altering the icons would be great too. It would let us make more matching or contrasting icons, and be more aesthetically pleasing!

As an example..my dark/time blaster has very evil, purpley looking power effects. The Time icon color (purple/blue) is perfect, but the washed out, pale blue of dark just does not feel quite right.

The issue lies in the fact that each and every icon in the game exists as a premade texture file, so in order to change out icons, you'd need to actually change what texture the power references, and I don't know if there's any way to dynamically set the icon for a power in that fashion.

You can change their color (albeit in a limited fashion) by substituting other pre-made icons for them in conjunction with the macroimage command.  There's a huge list of available icon textures -- you might stumble across some that fit your desired colors better than the originals.  But it would take a fair amount of experimenting (to find the colors you like) as well as typing (pointing the macro to execute the original power whose icon you wish to replace).

The original list was obtained from Shenanigunner's page, but is also pasted here for convenience.

It's certainly possible; back before the shutdown a player had made a program that could assemble icons in any existing color scheme with your choice of inner symbol and border. AFAIK, the devs had a program that did that too and that's how they made them in the first place. That might even be where when player got the program from, rather than making it themselves; I don't really know how it came to be, or who made it unfortunately.

Anyway, to put that in the game they would have to make some kind of UI for creating a color scheme. The program that I saw couldn't do that, only read image files of a gradient, and those had to be created with some other kind of image editing software.

Of course, I don't know how creating power icons on the fly would run; probably pretty well on modern machines, honestly.

It's certainly possible; back before the shutdown a player had made a program that could assemble icons in any existing color scheme with your choice of inner symbol and border. AFAIK, the devs had a program that did that too and that's how they made them in the first place. That might even be where when player got the program from, rather than making it themselves; I don't really know how it came to be, or who made it unfortunately.

1ae.gif

Anyway, to put that in the game they would have to make some kind of UI for creating a color scheme. The program that I saw couldn't do that, only read image files of a gradient, and those had to be created with some other kind of image editing software.

Of course, I don't know how creating power icons on the fly would run; probably pretty well on modern machines, honestly.

Is there a way to find these in the game files?

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png