THE PRIDE BALL **COSTUME CONTEST**

GeoM68

Stonewall Champions of Paragon Presents

In the great tradition of those who came before us,

we gather together to express ourselves,

our sense of style, our undeniable spirit and revel in our immense diversity in an extravaganza to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Stonewall.

This is more than a costume contest, it is

THE PRIDE BALL

All players from all shards are welcome to celebrate with us.

THEME

Your Interpretation of 90's Music Artists.

This means only 1990 to 1999, Destiny's Child NOT Beyoncé.

Madonna Erotica to Ray of Light etc.

yes, this includes Reba, Snoop, Savage Garden, Cobain EVEN Blu Man Group.

You may enter as an INDIVIDUAL, GROUP or DUO**

100 mil 1st - 75 mil 2nd - 50mil 3rd will be awarded***/****

Torchbearer

Kallisti Wharf (Statesman Square)

June 29th 9pm est

* subject to change

**Costume screening begins 2 hours prior to event start dependant on turn out

***Substitution and or additional prizes may be awarded

**** Groups/Duos will divide winnings amongst themselves

for more info ingame mail @GeoM68/69

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should come visit Excelsior and do one there. I have a killer Heavy Metal, 90's style costume I would have loved to enter.  ;)

Make an alt on Torchbearer just for this.

That is a very obvious idea. How in the hell did I not think of that? lol

You should come visit Excelsior and do one there. I have a killer Heavy Metal, 90's style costume I would have loved to enter.  ;)

Make an alt on Torchbearer just for this.

That is a very obvious idea. How in the hell did I not think of that? lol

I have an SH mate that uses power combinations that make me think this very thing all of the time.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 9 months later

I like the idea and have been mulling it over, but commitment is challenging.

This is an ideal time for me as I am down to working 3 days a week and playing CoX a lot more. So I'm free (probably) Sat Jun 6 and (With Certainty) Sun Jun 7th.

I moved to Excelsior for the population explosion and have -just begun- this week, farming for funding events and such.  VERY partial to the quite underused <Pocket D & the Blue side lounge> on EXE as it will not interfere with EV RPer event / space. A requested time slot would be 3-5pm pacific.

I can of course bring music, money and we have several choices in -private- bases, as a griefer safeguard. 

I will just need a solid date and several semi-commited assistants / co-hosts, to go forward with any promotional posters or listing.

@Blu in game with questions or ideas or whatnot plz ❤️ Thanks Vile!!!

3 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

one assumes for a pride costume party trans are permitted

I hope so since 95% of my toons are dressed in trans flag colors and my powersets all use trans colors! Though I don't think I have any that have 90s music vibes. I can sort that out though!

Neil

@Number.One

21 hours ago, BluWitch said:

Also due to work I was unable to attend last year's event, so have no idea what to expect as far as community temperature and participation levels are RN

I'm openly trans when I'm on the game and have had few problems. And, the ones that were problems are no longer on my friend's list or are blocked.

• Like 1

Neil

@Number.One

Indeed, the block list is my best buddy.

I'm sorry to say that since about 2012, after some incidents in SWTOR of a dox / threatened kidnapping etc. et. ... and also the general vibe post "gamergate" = I do not want to say it, but... it often feels 'safer' to let them misgender me and think i'm a cis het dude playing, as the majority the other MMO communities (post CoX Sundown) have truly been FULL of the typical bad examples of toxicity, racism, transphobia, misogyny and worse. 

Now, 

THE GOOD NEWS IS = there are still also, supportve, friendly, creative, funny, sweet, and helpful players in many of the games still, and I do belive that the CoX community will always have THOSE ones in a higher percentage due to the inherent helpful / teamwork oriented framework the game has.

With this in mind, and my history of helping to establish, coordinate, and promote events and SGs in the "good old days' We acknowlege and support our siblings and allies desire to come together to honor the tumultously cancelled "Pride Month 2020", especially in this challenging time of social distance.

It is on behalf of this very appreciated and needed niche, that we heed the call of our more vulnerable ,players in the LGBTQ population (which has always been relatively high in online RP games) that we come together in a supportive and safe environment in order to celebrate both one another as well as having the incredible pleasure of playing tis most BELOVED game once again....together!

PS. for anyone about to get blocked

I am far too old to debate the "why do you have to have a special month/day/party/event/community" trope. We did this in 2007 on live in a thread that had activity of over 12k or something ridiculous. The Devs and CMs supported both myself and our community wholeheartedly. This is just standard practice now, but back then, they were truly some of our most unexpected advocates and became some of my "Heroes" at the time.  Our success was celebrated as well as we gave out hundreds of trial codes and gained many permanent community members.

So please, volunteer to help out, and be a hero (or vig or rogue, or villian idc) and help us bring one another some hope and joy.

ComingOut04.jpg

Edited by BluWitch

1 hour ago, BluWitch said:

Indeed, the block list is my best buddy.

I'm sorry to say that since about 2012, after some incidents in SWTOR of a dox / threatened kidnapping etc. et. ... and also the general vibe post "gamergate" = I do not want to say it, but... it often feels 'safer' to let them misgender me and think i'm a cis het dude playing, as the majority the other MMO communities (post CoX Sundown) have truly been FULL of the typical bad examples of toxicity, racism, transphobia, misogyny and worse. 

Now, 

THE GOOD NEWS IS = there are still also, supportve, friendly, creative, funny, sweet, and helpful players in many of the games still, and I do belive that the CoX community will always have THOSE ones in a higher percentage due to the inherent helpful / teamwork oriented framework the game has.

With this in mind, and my history of helping to establish, coordinate, and promote events and SGs in the "good old days' We acknowlege and support our siblings and allies desire to come together to honor the tumultously cancelled "Pride Month 2020", especially in this challenging time of social distance.

It is on behalf of this very appreciated and needed niche, that we heed the call of our more vulnerable ,players in the LGBTQ population (which has always been relatively high in online RP games) that we come together in a supportive and safe environment in order to celebrate both one another as well as having the incredible pleasure of playing tis most BELOVED game once again....together!

PS. for anyone about to get blocked

I am far too old to debate the "why do you have to have a special month/day/party/event/community" trope. We did this in 2007 on live in a thread that had activity of over 12k or something ridiculous. The Devs and CMs supported both myself and our community wholeheartedly. This is just standard practice now, but back then, they were truly some of our most unexpected advocates and became some of my "Heroes" at the time.  Our success was celebrated as well as we gave out hundreds of trial codes and gained many permanent community members.

So please, volunteer to help out, and be a hero (or vig or rogue, or villian idc) and help us bring one another some hope and joy.

I know many trans folks in CoX, some open and some not so much. The GMs have always been supportive and said if anyone gives you crap, let them know and they'll sort it out. There really is no room for bad behavior like that on any forum/game but knowing that people with the power have your back is encouraging and why I'm so willing to be open. I haven't had any really negative interactions, only one was a friend who tried to be supportive but just couldn't handle it after we'd been hanging out for like two years. That was sad but you can't change people that don't want to be changed.

Oh, and there was someone from the LGBTQ community who told me I was wrong about how I felt about the trans thing. They are blocked and why I cannot be part of at least one LGBTQ channel on Torchbearer.  Never tell someone their wrong in how they feel. I think that's been the one thing that has ticked me off more than anything else in the game.

Neil

@Number.One

One other element for why I think City has always been such a strong contender for queerest* MMO is that we get to define our characters to such a far greater degree than most other games out there.  There is something to be said about getting to live your best life, even if it's just in a fantasy setting of an online game.

* "queer" used in the kindest and most supportive context.  I know it's still a bit of a contentious word for some members of the community.  It's not my intent to cause any of you undue harm.  I just feel that "queer" is a word which we can now use with strong positive connotations for many people.

SO!  What sort of support do we need?  Event coordinators?  Volunteers?  Donations of in-game rewards?  What's the nitty-gritty?