Tequila "Downloading" then Crashing.

Omgeddon

I have done two installs today when I woke up. I have completely deleted everything and reinstalled from the torrent. I cleared with REG DELETE every time as per the guide by Silk. It keeps "downloading" then closing. I even have exemptions for my Avast for the folders. It's worth noting, I guess, every time I delete tequila.xml and all that per instructions and reopen Tequila it slaps that file, and the others, back in then crashes again after validating. After first downloading and playing, after a month of no problems it did this out of nowhere. Then it was a short while after. I guess now, it's an every day thing as I woke today to this after doing it yesterday.

Im having the same problem , game worked fine last week , ran perfectly then all off a sudden, Im crashing on boot up, or if im lucky I can get as far as the log in screen before it crashes to desktop

Ive tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling but I think Im missing something and need too do a Full Uninstall, but cant find any guides on, how to correctly remove all the game files and tequila files for a fresh install 

I have done two installs today when I woke up. I have completely deleted everything and reinstalled from the torrent. I cleared with REG DELETE every time as per the guide by Silk. It keeps "downloading" then closing. I even have exemptions for my Avast for the folders. It's worth noting, I guess, every time I delete tequila.xml and all that per instructions and reopen Tequila it slaps that file, and the others, back in then crashes again after validating. After first downloading and playing, after a month of no problems it did this out of nowhere. Then it was a short while after. I guess now, it's an every day thing as I woke today to this after doing it yesterday.

Not experianced on forums, was looking for a replay, but guess Quote will do, seems like a few people are suffering from the same issues, chances of it being hardware, slim, and everyone seems too have trouble with a clean install, including the REG DELETE, and hitting an exe.file, but just delteing a folder isnt a clean uninstall, as you said, my game was running perfectly, and over night it cant boot past the log in screen

I've had the same problems as OP; I would open Tequila and it would go through the downloading phase and never reach done, it would just close. I got tired of restarting my computer when it happened because it was only intermittent, and not a regular occurrence.

Since you said you have AVAST, try looking in the virus chest. I found out today that my AVAST was putting 1 small file in there, which forced the application to not work properly. A simple restore and exempt got it back to working like it used to.

Hope this helps, and if it doesn't all I can suggest is to go here .

Read through everything, don't just skim down to what you suspect to be the issue.

• 2 weeks later