Bio Armor Help Request

marcussmythe

Im looking at testing out the new Bioarmor set on a tank, for both thematic and flexibility reasons - probably in combination with Spines on a tank.

Historically, I was 'All Invuln all the time' - (for me) nothing could duplicate the ability of an invuln tank to survive basically anything short of getting shot with psionics, due to the combination of resistance and defense.

Bioarmor, on the other hand, seems to have resistance to some things, and defense against others - but lacking good numbers (where I can find them) and no modern tools for it, I just cant decide if I want to invest in it long term.

Does anyone have any experience with it at high levels and a willingness to give feedback?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I think this bio armor is one of those new for i24 sets that never went live, so high level experience with it might be rather scarce.  It looks similar to Willpower in many ways, but can apparently switch between offensive, defensive, and recovery modes.  It also seems similar to Invulnerability, except that where Invuln gets more defense from being surrounded by mobs, this gets more resistance, which may not be quite as useful or easy to scale. 

Definitely would be thematic to pair it with Spines.  I don't know if this set also has Willpower's weak aura penalty, but having Spines would definitely offset that penalty. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Fair point...

Heraclea - do I remember that name from the tanker forums way back in the day?  C'len/Hero here...

Yeah, that's a fair cop.  Ill take it up and see how it does, and then take up something oldschool (like Invuln/EM) to run side-by-side comparison with.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I'm currently leveling up a /Bio brute, and can say that it the build has some great adaptability. If I'm getting support of defensive numbers, I can switch to Offensive mode and deal more damage. If I'm getting into a hairy situation, I can use both Defensive mode and theirs two great powers for recovering from burst damage. A PBAoE heal that adds regen and recov, and a power for absorption and heal.

And the Efficient mode is great when you've worn down your endurance in Offensive mode and need a second to recover (that is, if you're PBAoE isn't up).

I tested the set before back when they were doing beta for i24. I remember someone posting a comparison video between Bio and Willpower in large groups, and not doing any attacking. For a while, they seemed to be neck and neck on survival, but after a few minutes, Bio was able to keep going while WP was eventually overwhelmed. It's a pretty darn solid set and worth taking a good look at. If Brute survival is good, I can only imagine how well a Tank would do.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I think this bio armor is one of those new for i24 sets that never went live, so high level experience with it might be rather scarce.  It looks similar to Willpower in many ways, but can apparently switch between offensive, defensive, and recovery modes. 

It reminds me a little of Stone with the whole "modal" thing.  In practice it's probably less clunky, if maybe not quite as strong, either.

How terrible are the graphics?

Don't be so pessimistic. They're decent. There's a few powers that can hide your costume, but you can set the customization to minimal effect. As someone that likes seeing their character, I haven't been bothered by them.

Thats exactly what I needed to hear.  TYVM!

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute