Bind to give MM pets inspirations?

biostem

Hello there folks!  I just found CoH:H, and having been a player from '04 to '09, it's like that old shirt you thought you lost, but finally found, and I'm loving being able to play once again!  That being said, masterminds were my favorite AT, and I'm just getting back into the groove, (currently playing demons/dark).  I'm only level 12 ATM, but it's quite fun.  Anyway, it seems very dodgy trying to give my pets inspirations, so I was wondering if anyone has a bind or other advice that may make things a bit easier.  Thanks once more!

• Like 1

There's a slash command to feed a pet an inspiration:

/inspexec_pet_name insp_name pet_name

I haven't really played around with this in game, however from what I've seen in general feeding inspirations to a pet doesn't seem to have a cooldown or count as using a power (since you can do it while mezzed) so in theory it should be possible to make a bind that feeds a pet multiple inspirations at a time.

Also, a useful tip, if you drag an inspiration to the power bar you can find the exact in-game name which could help if you're having trouble with it not parsing correctly. Another tip, if you need a complicated Bind, try making it as a Macro first, that way you can more easily edit and tweak it to get it working correctly and then just copy it as a bind later.

Defender Smash!

There's a slash command to feed a pet an inspiration:

/inspexec_pet_name insp_name pet_name

I haven't really played around with this in game, however from what I've seen in general feeding inspirations to a pet doesn't seem to have a cooldown or count as using a power (since you can do it while mezzed) so in theory it should be possible to make a bind that feeds a pet multiple inspirations at a time.

Also, a useful tip, if you drag an inspiration to the power bar you can find the exact in-game name which could help if you're having trouble with it not parsing correctly. Another tip, if you need a complicated Bind, try making it as a Macro first, that way you can more easily edit and tweak it to get it working correctly and then just copy it as a bind later.

Thanks!  I will certainly try that.  I'm wondering if there's a way to say something like "give a respite to the weakest pet" or something, though that may be too hopeful.  I suppose it'll get better as I level, because right now, twilight grasp, (or w/e the dark miasma heal is called), is a bit unreliable as a team heal...

The problem with sending inspirations to pets is ... you have to pick which pet you want to give the inspiration to.  I was able to rig that as a function of my Mastermind bindloadfile structure, which you can refer to HERE.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

The problem with sending inspirations to pets is ... you have to pick which pet you want to give the inspiration to.  I was able to rig that as a function of my Mastermind bindloadfile structure, which you can refer to HERE.

That seems to be the case, and as I level up, it'll probably be less of a concern.  Right now, with the 1st tier minions being my main source of damage/defense, I've been super-concerned with keeping them alive.  Perhaps I'll play around with things and find a happy medium.  Thanks!

Currently I'm running into a bug trying to give a pet multiple inspirations with one macro. The multiple inspirations seem to be used, as the appear to be gone from my inspiration tray, but they are actually still there minus the first inspiration which activated on the pet. I have to move around my inspirations to get the hidden inspirations to show back up.

Currently I'm running into a bug trying to give a pet multiple inspirations with one macro. The multiple inspirations seem to be used, as the appear to be gone from my inspiration tray, but they are actually still there minus the first inspiration which activated on the pet. I have to move around my inspirations to get the hidden inspirations to show back up.

That's very odd.  I've noticed when trying to drag inspirations to pets that sometimes they vanish rom the tray, but then the game seems to register that the pet was a little too far away from me, so said insp got placed back into the tray.

In doing some digging, I found the below command, which may be good to simply target a pet then give them a respite or something: 

/inspexec_pet_target petname

OK, so I went with something like this:

/bind numpad8 "inspexec_pet_target insight"

It allows me to target a pet or click their health bar from the pet menu, then click8 on the numpad to instantly give them a respite (small green) inspiration.  After doing some testing, though, the range where this will work is pretty short - you need to be like within 20' of a pet to give it an inspiration.  I wonder if this is similar top giving them to another player...

So other players are just like our minions. Very INTERESTING  ;D ;D ::)

More like "give item to Other" has a basic limited range that doesn't discriminate between PC or NPC at the game mechanical level.

Then again, I've always thought of other PCs on teams with my Mastermind as being especially poorly behaved Minions ... or words to that effect.

I mean ... they'll run into melee when they're not supposed to (for starters) ...

/em roll eyes

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.