Dark/Storm

HachiMan2007

Hi all,

Just got my Spines/Bio Stalker to 40 and while enjoyable I want to try my hand at range to the higher levels and see if I like it better.

I'm an old hand with storm (controllers though) so I am pretty confident in what I want with that set (well, with the exception of thunderclap which I will explain when I talk about the blasts)

Which brings me to my questions.....Dark Blast.....What to skip?

1) The T1 and T2, are both necessary or do people tend to skip one for the other?

2) The snipe, is it worth it on a corruptor, I know they made changes but still not sure.

3) The Cone Knockback....I will have enough knockback to deal with with Storm so would like to skip this if it doesn't gimp my DPS

4) The Nuke, Are they taken by corruptors? and Darks in particular?

5) Finally, The disorient. I know a lot of people skip it but I was thinking of stacking it with Thunderclap which is something I have never taken on a Stormy before.

I know I am asking a lot so any help is appreciated.

1) The T1 and T2, are both necessary or do people tend to skip one for the other?

2) The snipe, is it worth it on a corruptor, I know they made changes but still not sure.

3) The Cone Knockback....I will have enough knockback to deal with with Storm so would like to skip this if it doesn't gimp my DPS

4) The Nuke, Are they taken by corruptors? and Darks in particular?

5) Finally, The disorient. I know a lot of people skip it but I was thinking of stacking it with Thunderclap which is something I have never taken on a Stormy before.

I know I am asking a lot so any help is appreciated.

1) At higher levels, you can live without the T1.  It's useful until you have a lot of powers and recharge.  I usually keep it but I can't make a really good argument for doing so.  The T2 (Gloom) is way too good to skip.

2) Snipe changes still pending.  I use mine, hard to say in the long run.

3) The cone knockback -- Torrent?  I use it for positioning....much faster than Gale and with a useful debuff.

4) I take the nuke, although historically I had trouble committing to using it.  I *think* it's crashless now.

5) I take the disorient and Oppressive Gloom from the ancillary, giving me THREE stackable stuns, one of which is a toggle!  Have fun storming the castle!