Masterminds and Incarnate Abilities

So as I've been reading around, I haven't found anything to specifically address masterminds and their lack of incarnate options and abilities.

Wanted to start a feedback post at least about that specifically. Right now I was told Alpha works for minions (But have seen no proof of this myself.)

Interface and the support mod from the hybrid incarnate ability are all that applies I do believe.

For those of us who are looking for min/max content and as well as better end/game playing, I think this would assist us a lot.

Especially when the pets are annoying and dumb and most people would take a corr/def over MM's because of that in group settings anyways. (I've been overlooked for such before.) -- not saying it happens all the time. I prefer solo content most of the time anyhow.

Any thoughts or opinions on this matter would be great.

Because clearly I'm talking only about incarnates and tf/trials.  ::)

Sarcasm aside. It doesn't happen all the time but that's not even the main issue at hand.

Honestly did you make a comment just to be heard/read?

No need to be hostile to someone who is commenting on something you said. Why even make a post if you're just going to be snarky to the first person who replies?

Anyway...

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. Masterminds have the same incarnate options available to them as everyone else. No single powerset in the game is benefited by every single Alpha/Interface/Destiny/Hybrid ability but there is always one that will work for you. I personally have played several MMs at the incarnate level and never had any qualms with the options there. I've also never once had someone reject a MM from a team, or even express dislike for them beyond when pets block a doorway or something.

I'm honestly not sure what your problem is with MMs and Incarnate abilities?

Alpha Slot: Enhancements bonuses and level shifts apply to pets

Interface Slot: Procs apply to pet attacks

Judgement Slot: Same damage as every other AT

Lore Slot: MOAR PETS! and Incarnate Shift applies to Pets

Destiny Slot: Both the Buff and the Incarnate Shift apply to pets

Hybrid: Ok, yeah this one is a bit pants for MMs but you've still got Support Core getting doubled for Pets and Melee Radial is decent for Tankerminds

IMHO the biggest issue with MMs in Incarnate trials was the fact that higher level enemies and AoE attacks hurt MMs worse than other ATs, but the devs largely fixed that by giving the lower tier pets extra Level Shifts in incarnate trials and changing it so that a lot of really nasty AoEs (i.e. Obliteration Beam) deal drastically reduced damage to pets.

Some of the trials aren't great for Masterminds (eg phase 3 of Lambda) but every AT has some part of an iTrial that they hate so it's not like that's specific to MMs.

Defender Smash!

I'm honestly not sure what your problem is with MMs and Incarnate abilities?

Alpha Slot: Enhancements bonuses and level shifts apply to pets

Interface Slot: Procs apply to pet attacks

Judgement Slot: Same damage as every other AT

Lore Slot: MOAR PETS! and Incarnate Shift applies to Pets

Destiny Slot: Both the Buff and the Incarnate Shift apply to pets

Hybrid: Ok, yeah this one is a bit pants for MMs but you've still got Support Core getting doubled for Pets and Melee Radial is decent for Tankerminds

IMHO the biggest issue with MMs in Incarnate trials was the fact that higher level enemies and AoE attacks hurt MMs worse than other ATs, but the devs largely fixed that by giving the lower tier pets extra Level Shifts in incarnate trials and changing it so that a lot of really nasty AoEs (i.e. Obliteration Beam) deal drastically reduced damage to pets.

Some of the trials aren't great for Masterminds (eg phase 3 of Lambda) but every AT has some part of an iTrial that they hate so it's not like that's specific to MMs.

I have seen only interface being the auto-applied buff from incarnates.

Was even told that and support from hybrid were the only two to transfer over.

In all honesty I've not felt a difference from any other incarnate bonuses on them than the Barrier and support from hybrid and beyond the level shift, I haven't found them really worth having (Save barrier/mez protection or regen/end) Support hybrid is kind of... Extremely lackluster compared to the rest with the option being so truly limited.

Because clearly I'm talking only about incarnates and tf/trials.  ::)

Sarcasm aside. It doesn't happen all the time but that's not even the main issue at hand.

Honestly did you make a comment just to be heard/read?

No need to be hostile to someone who is commenting on something you said. Why even make a post if you're just going to be snarky to the first person who replies?

Anyway...

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. Masterminds have the same incarnate options available to them as everyone else. No single powerset in the game is benefited by every single Alpha/Interface/Destiny/Hybrid ability but there is always one that will work for you. I personally have played several MMs at the incarnate level and never had any qualms with the options there. I've also never once had someone reject a MM from a team, or even express dislike for them beyond when pets block a doorway or something.

Cool. Thanks for your input.

I have seen only interface being the auto-applied buff from incarnates.

Was even told that and support from hybrid were the only two to transfer over.

In all honesty I've not felt a difference from any other incarnate bonuses on them than the Barrier and support from hybrid and beyond the level shift, I haven't found them really worth having (Save barrier/mez protection or regen/end) Support hybrid is kind of... Extremely lackluster compared to the rest with the option being so truly limited.

Right, the Interface is the only one that shows up on their buff par because of how the Alpha Slot works. Since the Alpha slot is a global enhancement is enhances your pet summoning powers rather than the pets themselves. So if (for example) you slot a Musculature Alpha Slot ability the damage enhancement will be applied to the pets when you summon them but the alpha slot ability won't show up in the buff bar.

As for the Alpha slot ability feeling weak on pets, that's kind of the nature of the Alpha slot. The alpha slot is strongest when you can use it to buff an aspect of your character which is under-slotted. For example my Time/Electric defender chose an Alpha slot ability that gives Endurance Modification to make his drains more powerful while my AD/Dev Blaster picked one with Range to give him larger cones.

Since MM Pets tend to already be ED capped for Damage and Accuracy picking on of the Damage boosting Alpha Slot abilities doesn't have that much impact on their DPS. You're better off either picking something that either enhances a secondary aspect of your pets abilities or something your secondary powers are under-slotted for.

Defender Smash!

Awesome, so I guess the real issue is that we are forced to utilize the support hybrid if we want any further benefit for our pets. I am focused more on CC with my alpha slot atm unfortunately but I suppose that's why usual groups @ +4x8 don't really pose much of a threat, just take a bit to break. And AV's are well.. Similar ordeal but if you take 30m to kill one even with 3 necro/dark MM's, then it's an issue of damage for certain.

-- Appreciated regardless. Thank you for the response. I'll be sure to share this info with the others.