Titan Weapon / Bio Question

Kodo

So I rolled a TW/BIO Scrapper and I love it!

Now I want to maximize it's potential!

For TW:

1. How do you guys slot the attacks?

-x3 recharge reduction, x2 Accuracy, x2 Damage is what I've been doing...

2. Do you use all of the attacks or skip one?

3. Do you 6 slot all of the attacks?

4. What's your opener and your attack rotation?

5. Any cool tricks or tips? Something you've learned from Pure experience?

6. What is something I should avoid like bad habits or something?

______

Bio:

1. What powers are relevant on this?

-Of those Powers, how many slots did you put and what did you put into the slots? I'm pretty lost on how to maximize usefulness on Bio.

2. For toggles, do you always run your toggles or are they situational?

3. Any general advice around this one?

4. Anything to avoid around this one?

_____

Other powers:

1. How many slots do you put into Health & Stamina?

2. Combat jumping makes sense right? But how many slots?

3. Speed>Haste seems like a berserk for this archetype, how do you slot that?

4. Leadership = yay or nay & if yay, how many slots? I feel like leadership is endurance Hog I'm not super keen on this.

5. Any others that I missed?

((Please keep acronyms to a minimum when answering this makes it tough to to understand what you are saying lol)).

Thanks!

Never slotted more than 1 recharge into an attack. I would go 1 acc, 3 damage, 1 recharge, 1 end redux for a single target. Add 1 more acc and take out the recharge in the AoE attack. I don't see how skipping out on end redux for your attacks isn't going to bleed you dry.

I can't think of any situational toggle unless it was something like an "Oh crap" power.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later

I don't have much experience with TW/Bio yet, but I'll try. Hopefully you are still interested in the late reply.

1. I usually do 1 acc, 2 dmg, 1 end rdx, 1 rech. Not sure if you were going for non-io based, but I don't usually do much 6 slotting until I can get a set IO with some combo for that 6th slot.

2. I've only skipped Defensive Sweep, and it seems to work pretty well.

3. I 6 slotted all my attacks except arc of destruction, and I don't think that was the best one to skip a slot on, so I'll change that later, probabl drop out the 6th on Crushing Blow

4. If something serious needs to die fast and first, I open with Rend Armor, Follow Through, Whirling Smash, Arc of Destruction, Titan Sweep. If AoE then Arc, Whirling, Titan Sweep, Follow through, Rend, Crushing.

5. if possible, I prefer to DNA siphon the dead for the regen/recovery to move to the next group. Apparently I hear TW can knock down AVs!

6. I kinda think Defensive Sweep. It is just melee defense, but my build is overly tight and super recharge focused.

Bio.

1. I use them all but I question Parasitic sometimes with the long recharge even with me super recharge focused. I really feel like I need more input or experience with Bio to feel like my slotting is right, but I have

• HC 3 Gladiator's
  • InEx just a single End Recovery or Life
  • Env Mod - 4 parts Shield Wall, 1 LotG Global.
  • Adap isn't a slotted power
  • Evolving - Steadfast def + a regular Resist IO
  • DNA Siphon - 1 Theft of Essense + end, a Recovery, a Health, and an undecided empty slot
  • Genetic - 1 Slot End rdx
  • Parasitic - 2 Recharge, 1 Heal/Absorb

I run all the toggles, additionally Maneuvers, Weave, Combat Jumping and most the time Tough

It feels like regen to me, as I'm diving into 8x groups solo, so I have to watch like crazy for signs of health dropping and hit Ablative or Siphon

I have only 2 slots in Health (numina,miracle recovery) and 1 in stamina (perf shift +end proc)

Hopefully that wasn't too much jargon, and you have Mid's Reborn or Pine's planner?

1. How do you guys slot the attacks?

Im a fan of 1 END, 1 ACC, 1 RCHG, 3 DAM at the SO/lvl 30ish IO level.  Later, this will be replaced by sets.

2. Do you use all of the attacks or skip one?

I skipped defensive sweep, and do not miss it, though others have good arguements for its value.  I used Titan Sweep leveling, but eventually dropped it at 50 - I use Arc and Whirling for my AOE, and find them more than sufficient to finish off the minons/lts before the last boss drops in a x8 pull.

3. Do you 6 slot all of the attacks?

Yes

4. What's your opener and your attack rotation?

Depends?  Generic Case... Rend Armor on Boss to gain Momentum, Follow-Up, Arc of Destruction, Crushing Blow, Follow-Up again  right before momentum fades.  Throw in WS any time it is up if in AOE situation.

On my way into the pack, Build Momentum, single-target bosses prioritizing follow up, throw in Arc of Destruction angled to catch the rest when possible, Whirling Sword whenever off CD if in AOE situation.

5. Any cool tricks or tips? Something you've learned from Pure experience?

Make sure weapon is drawn before hitting build momentum.  If it isnt and you hit it while running towards the pack, you will pause and draw your weapon and they will all shoot you while you look at them funny.  This is bad.

If in high threat situation with large groups of mobs, time your attacks to maximize time foes spent knocked down.  This is substantial mitigation.

Against AVs, monitor their regen.  It may not be worth debuffing their regen with enchanted daggers if your losing too much damage by interrupting your own damage cycle.

The Wedding Band and Kinetic Dampner are your friends.  More generally, any temp power that may be useful should be looked at - weve already accepted lots of micro, and all in service of the Titan Weapon.  May as well embrace that - if we didnt want extra buttons and timing worries, wed be playing Mace/WP (a favorite of mine!)

6. What is something I should avoid like bad habits or something?

It can be tempting to just hammer attacks, and some sets reward this.  TW is not one.  Its long animation times and wierd momentum mechanics reward thoughtful play, and taking a fraction of a second to go 'no, I dont want to be locked into a long animation when Im taking damage and I have a healing power coming off cooldown in .3 seconds' can make the difference between survival and defeat.

______

Bio:

1. What powers are relevant on this?

-Of those Powers, how many slots did you put and what did you put into the slots? I'm pretty lost on how to maximize usefulness on Bio.

A lot of this is level dependent and set dependent.  Your generic DEF/RES Toggles are much like anyone elses.  I use inexhaustable with 2 slots to hold 2 pieces of performance shifter.  Ablative, Siphon, and Parasitic end up with 5-6 slots in a final build, depending on desired sets.  Genetic Contamination gets 2-3 slots of damage and endredux.

2. For toggles, do you always run your toggles or are they situational?

Always.

3. Any general advice around this one?

Stance Dancing is great at low level - TW is hungry, efficient stance feeds it.  High level youll likely build towards surving/sustaining in Offensive, but dont forget that efficient and defensive are there, they may on occasion help.

4. Anything to avoid around this one?

Avoid firing off DNA Siphon or Parasitic Aura without forethought.  Parasitic Aura wants a crowd, and will NEVER have 100% uptime.  So fire it when youve got a huge crowd and you expect to need it this fight - erring on the side of caution.  DNA Siphon is a situational tool - its a large heal with a crowd (and an okayish one on a single target) or a decent REC/REGEN buff on a dead crowd.  I lean more on the heal -but not the animation time can make it a dicey self-heal at endgame, where the line between 'fine' and 'dead' is measured in debuff stacks more than green bar.  Ablative Carapace is great pre-pull or early pull - I like pre-pull, so I have more breathing room to reduce incoming damage by dealing damage.

General Thoughts:

Someone said, and they are right, that the Titan Weapons set is like the main gun on an A-10 - its a gun that has been equipped with an aircraft.  If you choose TW, its best to go all in.. the rest of the build is a life support system designed to keep that TW alive and deliver it into position for maximum effect.  TW, and TW/Bio specifically, is supreme in its ability to deliver violence - but to do so effectively, that violence has to be thoughtful and measured. 

Bio is very powerful, but its lack of debuff resistance and somewhat 'holy' resistances can result in frequent faceplants if one is careless against the bad enemy groups at high difficulty settings.  You arent Titan/Bio so Bio can keep you alive while AFK in the middle of +4/x8 Arachnos, your TW/'Bio so Bio can support the TW long enough to kill them.  Make sure you have your ducks in a row as much as possible before jumping in - stopping your offensive cycle because you forget to hit a now-necessary buff exposes you to yet more damage and debuff.

TW is a long recharge set.  Bio is a healing set.  Dont be too proud to disengage - Bio will bring you back up to par very quick if you can get out from under fire, and if you start seeing your DEF and RES drop in a tough crowd, take action BEFORE your HP start to fall.  Eat purples to get your DEF back up over 45%.  Eat Oranges to get your RES back online.  Or just cut and run, and do so BEFORE the incoming damage gets ahead of your regen.  At endgame against +4/x8 Debuff packs, Bioarmor feels a lot like old Regen.. your health bar is binary.

(You are monitoring your DEF, RES, REC, REGEN, and other important bonuses?  If you arent, please consider doing so.  This cannot be understated)

Finally, of all the characters I've played in CoH, TW/Bio is the most micro intensive and the most twitchy/situational, and this only grows as more powers (and incarnates, and temp powers) come online.  Im in decent Vet Levels on it, and Im still getting better at timing and tricks and feel and learning how to approach various bad guy groups/AVs.  TW/Bio is a solid build even if you are just hitting the keyboard with your face, but it has phenomenal room for performance increase beyond that if you put the time in.

• Thanks 1

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute