Project Spelunker

_NOPE_

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

image.png.becec1a55acac3fd979eaa102f4f64d2.png@Hyperstrike hasn't changed his either (not that I can point fingers either... heh)

You're right.
But you'll notice some differences between the PNG and my GIF.
Just...watch it...

Even used this over on the CO boards.  The change was so subtle it took the forum mods YEARS to notice it.

That was pretty much the only reason they let me keep it!

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

11 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Good News and Bad News coming Soon™

Which do you want to hear first? 😄

Bad News: Aries melted the server?

I know the MSFT OneDrive server hates me so far this month because of the half Tb that is my ISO folder got uploaded finally. That's nearly half my 365 allotment for that user, but it was needed so I can keep my Mac's VM SSD from crying (shared storage).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

21 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

image.png.992012e77d1ffc9273a9d1d143b38e20.png ... wasn't this one Memphis Bill's? I know I remember seeing this one!

You are correct in that was Memphis Bill back on Legacy, I've seen it used here on the HC forums but cannot confirm if that user is the same person.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

13 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Bad News: Aries melted the server?

Bad News: Most likely we're going to have to re-run the whole project using this NEW method, because the old method left the files filled with chunk checksums, and broke many of the images because they were also chunked, and so the bit location was off on them. More info about what I had to deal with can be found in the link below, but in short - sometimes the data from the Internet Archive was recorded using Content-Length and grabbing all of it at once, and SOMETIMES it was recorded using "chunks", which you can read about more below:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/32204608/7308469

The "chunked" stuff in the last run was all broken, because I didn't know anything about it! Now that I have it figured out, we can process the files correctly, albeit slower.

13 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

I know the MSFT OneDrive server hates me so far this month because of the half Tb that is my ISO folder got uploaded finally. That's nearly half my 365 allotment for that user, but it was needed so I can keep my Mac's VM SSD from crying (shared storage).

wat is this i cant even

I'm out.

Also, my family is going on a week long vacation starting... tomorrow at 4:30am. So, needless to say, this whole thing is on pause for the next week. After that, I expect to get an updated version of the processor made and pushed out to everyone that wants to help.... again . 🤪

I'm out.

So I found something else that I apparently need to remember the next time we go playing with these files...

Pause the AV or risk creating Huge db files as it tries to decide if they're safe or not. I just deleted like 32 Gb in AV logs.  >.<

• Thanks 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

• 2 weeks later

Update - I'm JUST about there and ready to release the next version of the processing program into the wild, just a couple of bugs I need to work out. I want to make sure I can process at least ONE of the largest files all the way through without a single error before I release it. I found two bugs, and I THINK I have them fixed, but you know, since I'm going byte by byte, which is a slow process, and the errors seem to be happening near the end of the file (because of COURSE they are), then it takes me a couple of days between when the process starts, and when I get to the error to try to troubleshoot it further. So that's why this has taken so long.

Good news is, it looks like the Google route will probably work. As you can see here, Google is already indexing the first "imperfect" version of the output:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:cohforums.cityofplayers.com&ei=RxD4YOf4JMGDtQbG642gCg&start=200&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwinuKKzkvTxAhXBQc0KHcZ1A6QQ8tMDegQIARA4&biw=1920&bih=927

Right now, just a bunch of user profiles, but once I get this new version out and can start making a sitemap of ALL of the files and submit that to Google, that should expedite the process substantially!

• Thumbs Up 1
I'm out.

I see me, but only linked as a visitor on someone's page. ;.;

Alrighty, let's check on that 4GB test file that's been sitting processing for 3 days now...

image.thumb.png.599e84fe8fdffb73352a697d36f397ce.png

Uh-oh, THAT'S not good... Hmm.... I wonder what the last file that processed was...

image.png.1afa8516e6555fd0f620f756c52570c0.png

A wget.log file? Hmm.... sounds like something that the people at Archive.org might have made. Let's open it up and look at the end of the file, and see how far I got until it failed:

image.png.9a02f0b5301bc93963eadb86c5ddff06.png

Well... that LOOKS like it finished that file, so what was the problem? Time to dig into the source WARC by using my good old trusty Large File Viewer (http://diggfreeware.com/ltfviewr-great-free-large-text-viewer/), and take a look to see how far I got:

image.png.601b3de46dc3ef1a9096c017592f8646.png

Oh.... so it finished with the whole WARC file? So why did it fail? What line in my code failed?

image.png.2cb1490fed57a027479cde96fe385cbc.png

OHHHHHH...... if there is no line... the line will be NULL. If you try to use the "StartsWith" method on a null object, you'll get a null object reference. D'oh!

Well that's no problem, I'm sure that I'm accounting for reaching the point where I can't ready any more data in my loop, right?

image.png.315e37b65ce86eadc9d6374beb5b5dfc.png

Uh..... while (true)? But... wouldn't that just create an INFINITE LOOP???? What moron would write something like that????

Well... apparently me. So, I just add the following line:

image.png.296295caebded7f27e7b5fadcab5fdaa.png

Toxic&quot; Community?.. My thoughts, feel free to add your own! - General  Discussion - Homecoming

Now, to run the file one LAST time to just make sure that NOTHING goes wrong with the rest of the steps in the process (zipping up the files, uploading them, etc.)...

image.png

• Like 2
I'm out.

4 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Uh..... while (true)? But... wouldn't that just create an INFINITE LOOP???? What moron would write something like that????

Accidental Infinite loops? That NEVER happens....

*HS flashback*

Teacher: "If you don't shut that (constantly repeating beep per clock cycle) off, you're getting a 5 day ban from the lab."

• Haha 1

image.jpeg.15aec6e2f00ff142d3b4f2a29ec242ce.jpeg

I've just pushed out version 2.0 of the COH WARC Processor to my site, so anyone that wishes to help with the project can get to Spelunking again! I'm sorry that we had to restart the project, but I was completely unaware of the aforementioned "chunking" that Archive.org did. This caused many MANY of the files to be corrupted and no good. However, after essentially reworking the ENTIRE process, and changing to a "byte by byte" reconstruction of the original files rather than using a StringBuilder and going line by line, I can now report a 100% success rate with several files, one of them over 4 GBs in size!

Version 2.0 makes a couple of other changes:

• Since I'm going byte by byte on chunked data, and line by line on non-chunked data, there is no easy way for me to display any sort of "progress" on the individual WARC processing. So, the processing progress bar has been replaced with a notification TimeStamp and message in the main window stating how many files have been found within the WARC file thus far. This way, you know that the program is at least still running, as long as the TimeStamp is fairly recent:

image.png.605c365c5912f9b7697942be9b1d04ff.png

• The "line by line" method actually was much slower and used fewer resources, so while users were able to run  more instances, they didn't accomplish much very quickly. The new byte by byte process is faster, BUT consumes way more processing time. I don't suggest running more than two or three instances of the program at once, unless you have an amazing processor. Each instance took up about 33-41% of my processing power at any given time:

image.png.cc8435aec305bed8c88d19f4c11cfd9e.png

I've updated the original post to reflect the updated program, and give a better introduction to the project to newbies.

Thank you all for your efforts so far, and for any continuing efforts you wish to provide!

I'm out.

Heh, 8 running on my MBP with same performance as before. We'll see what happens when I add the iMini and i7 😉

• Thanks 1

Occasionally, but it just restarts this time by us clicking the button

I lied apparently

Windows 10 / Latest / MBP VM

There was an error in the application. Please copy and paste the following text in a message to the program author:
System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-25220-20120905-120631.warc' ---> System.Exception: Failed to download file. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.SyncRequestCallback(Object obj)
   at System.Net.CommandStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Stream.Close()
   at System.Net.ConnectionPool.Destroy(PooledStream pooledStream)
   at System.Net.ConnectionPool.PutConnection(PooledStream pooledStream, Object owningObject, Int32 creationTimeout, Boolean canReuse)
   at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.FinishRequestStage(RequestStage stage)
   at System.Net.CommandStream.Abort(Exception e)
   at System.Net.CommandStream.CheckContinuePipeline()
   at System.Net.FtpDataStream.System.Net.ICloseEx.CloseEx(CloseExState closeState)
   at System.Net.FtpDataStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.Net.FtpDataStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, FileInfo targetFI, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 414
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, FileInfo targetFI, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 431
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, String localFilename, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 259
   at COH_WARC_Processor.MainForm.BtnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\MainForm.cs:line 84

Win10 / ARM / M1 iMini VM

There was an error in the application. Please copy and paste the following text in a message to the program author:
System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-23746-20120904-002344.warc' ---> System.Exception: Failed to download file. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
   at System.Net.ConnectionPool.PutConnection(PooledStream pooledStream, Object owningObject, Int32 creationTimeout, Boolean canReuse)
   at System.Net.FtpDataStream.System.Net.ICloseEx.CloseEx(CloseExState closeState)
   at System.Net.FtpDataStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, FileInfo targetFI, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 414
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, FileInfo targetFI, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 431
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, String localFilename, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 259
   at COH_WARC_Processor.MainForm.BtnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\MainForm.cs:line 84

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-22383-20120905-045256.warc' ---> System.Exception: Failed to download file. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.Download(String sourceFilename, FileInfo targetFI, Boolean PermitOverwrite) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 419

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-16409-20120904-114813.warc' ---> System.Exception: Failed to move file '/processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-16409-20120904-114813.warc' to location '/processed/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-16409-20120904-114813.warc'. This must be done manually by the program author. Please report this issue to them. All other processing completed!
   at COH_WARC_Processor.MainForm.BtnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\MainForm.cs:line 150

I'm trying to wind them down (as soon as the poor CPUs respond) because Big Sur 11.5.1 just dropped and I wanna archive/update that too.

So, if you get any more of those "failed to move from /processing" messages, just drop the filename here, and I'll verify that the zip file has been received, and then move the original WARC to the complete folder. Sometimes I just gotta clear out that queue.

I'm out.

Next Batch. Note: Much of these seem to follow after successfully telling it to stop and the batch was uploaded.

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26530-20120906-022434.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26530-20120906-022434.warc not found
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.FtpRename(String sourceFilename, String newName) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 575
   at COH_WARC_Processor.MainForm.BtnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\MainForm.cs:line 148

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26973-20120907-022020.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26973-20120907-022020.warc not found
   at COH_WARC_Processor.FTPclient.FtpRename(String sourceFilename, String newName) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\FTP Client.cs:line 575
   at COH_WARC_Processor.MainForm.BtnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\COH WARC Handler\WHB WARC Processor\MainForm.cs:line 148

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-23634-20120904-223104.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-23634-20120904-223104.warc not found

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26973-20120907-022020.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26973-20120907-022020.warc not found

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-19304-20120904-144419.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-19304-20120904-144419.warc not found

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-25092-20120906-180941.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-25092-20120906-180941.warc not found

6 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Next Batch. Note: Much of these seem to follow after successfully telling it to stop and the batch was uploaded.

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26530-20120906-022434.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-26530-20120906-022434.warc not found

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-23634-20120904-223104.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-23634-20120904-223104.warc not found

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-19304-20120904-144419.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-19304-20120904-144419.warc not found

System.Exception: Error while processing file 'boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-25092-20120906-180941.warc' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File /processing/boards.cityofheroes.com-threads-range-25092-20120906-180941.warc not found

Thanks! These have all been confirmed processed and moved to the processed folder manually!

I'm out.

I decided to switch to Win11 in the VMs exclusively as I feel like it's better handling memory and is more light weight in its current form, but my main PC still runs Win7. It's a shame this isn't as RAM/GPU intensive as the Win7 should give the M1 iMini a run for it's money performance wise even though it's a Gen3 i7.

Current Setup (until work hours)

Gen3 i7 -> Win7 -> 8 Instances

MBP -> Win11 (x2) -> 8 Instances

M1 iMini -> Win11 (x2) -> 8 Instances

• Thanks 1