Trying to pick a class to go with my char concept....

JnEricsonx

My character has the ability, or through tech, etc, to drain the heat from the air, and use it as a weapon, ie, create fire, etc.  But, they also can manipulate the super-chilled air as well, so, ice.  I honestly can't decide, as they could use a ice and a fire powerset.  More looking for ranged char, so a corruptor, controller, dom, or blaster, more the latter 3.  Not sure which element for which primary and secondary, so, I'll happily listen to any takes!

Every AT besides EATs will let you do a Fire and Ice concept, even Masterminds if you're willing to wait until ancillary pools. So you have a lot of options. Fiery Aura and Ice Melee are a popular combo, since it lets you drop an Ice Patch followed by Burn, to keep enemies from escaping the DoT from the patch.

Fire/Ice dominator

Ice/Thermal Corruptor

Cor or defenders really have the pull heat from foes either with Ice domination or thermal radiation both draw heat from foes. So even a Ice/thermal controller would work

TW/Ice Scrapper with  Fire TW

I did a Fire/Cold controller ages ago for a similar concept.

What you're looking for though I think I would be more prone to do an Ice/Fire dom:

Harnessing the cold to immobilize and shut foes down, while using the fire offensively.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Good ideas.  What about a Fire/Ice blaster, or vice versa?

I would do Fire/Ice Blaster myself. Damage, damage, and Ice!

A Fire/Ice blaster can be good. With Shiver, Frigid Protection, and Ice Patch, you'd have to tools to keep enemies from running out of Rain of Fire. That's some good synergy.

My character has the ability, or through tech, etc, to drain the heat from the air, and use it as a weapon, ie, create fire, etc.  But, they also can manipulate the super-chilled air as well, so, ice.  I honestly can't decide, as they could use a ice and a fire powerset.  More looking for ranged char, so a corruptor, controller, dom, or blaster, more the latter 3.  Not sure which element for which primary and secondary, so, I'll happily listen to any takes!

I feel like an ice blast/thermal reverberation corruptor or similarly specced defender might work.  The defender might be a little slow if you plan on soloing a lot, so a corrupter might be better in that case...

Good ideas.  What about a Fire/Ice blaster, or vice versa?

I would do Fire/Ice Blaster myself. Damage, damage, and Ice!

I have a fire/ice blaster after never touching them in the original game. You get your sustain at 10 which gives you absorb and energy regeneration as well as slowing mobs. Drop an ice patch on a group of mobs and beat they like a red headed step childwhile they bounce.