Procs Per Minute (PPM) Information Guide

Bopper

15 minutes ago, Sovera said:

An off-shot question. A Force Feedback: chance for recharge, does it work on KB/KD immune targets? Does it only go off the animation happen? Does it happen if the KB/KD chance happen even if the target's immunity then prevents the animation from happening?

Immunity to KB/KD doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is whether or not you hit the target. If you do, then the Proc roll happens. If your proc is in a toggle, then your proc rolls will wait 10 seconds between re-attempts.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

While it wouldn't have the radius of a NUKE, I'm curious, does this allow one to turn Dark Consumption into a cheap mini nuke?

4 Damage Procs.  1 -Resist Proc.  .52 End Cost. 1.188 (Arcana Time) Activation.  180 Second Recharge.

The radius is only 8 feet, so that seems like it doesn't take down the chances much.

5 minutes ago, BrandX said:

While it wouldn't have the radius of a NUKE, I'm curious, does this allow one to turn Dark Consumption into a cheap mini nuke?

4 Damage Procs.  1 -Resist Proc.  .52 End Cost. 1.188 (Arcana Time) Activation.  180 Second Recharge.

The radius is only 8 feet, so that seems like it doesn't take down the chances much.

The long recharge alone will make it a guaranteed max proc probability, even if you slot 100% recharge. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

I decided to test out a hunch, where I believed Targeted AoE patches/pseudopets would behave as a single target cast followed by a summoned pseudopet that would use the Toggle formula (ActivatePeriod = 10s). I tested this theory using Glue Arrow. I proceeded with 3 tests.

First test: How many times did my 3.5 PPM proc fire after casting Glue Arrow?

Second test: How many times did my 3.5 PPM proc fire from the "Sticky Arrow" (the name of the pseudopet)

Third test: How many times did my 3.5 PPM proc fire after casting Glue Arrow with 99% recharge added to the power?

Test 1 and 2 were done simultaneously, and were intended to show the Proc performance is indeed different. Once showing that they are different, Test 3 was used to determine if the formula being used on cast is Single Target or AoE. For all three tests, I only used a single target. This is because the casting of Glue Arrow would only Proc against the single target, and I did not want multiple targets in the Glue patch to result in inflated Proc numbers.

First, some details about Glue Arrow. It has a 60 second base recharge, 1.16 second cast time, and the Glue pseudopet has a radius of 25 feet and a duration of 30 seconds (which will result in 3 ticks for proc opportunity, which occur at 0 seconds, 10 seconds, and 20 seconds).  

My theory is that the Test 1 will result in a 90% proc performance, Test 2 will result in a 15.3% proc performance, and Test 3 will either be a 90% proc performance if it uses Single Target formula or 47.9% proc performance if it uses the AoE formula with Radius 25 feet.

Results:

Test 1:     107 Casts,  100 Procs (93%)

Test 2:     107 Casts (321 ticks),  46 Procs (14.3%)

Test 3:     46 Casts,   42 Procs (91.3%)

Conclusion:

Powers that require targeting an enemy to drop a patch/pseudopet are advantageous for Procs, as the casting of the power will act as a Single Target attack resulting in a higher probability to Proc against the target. The summoned pseudopet will follow the expected rules for Procs (opportunity to Proc once every 10 seconds, using an ActivatePeriod of 10 seconds).

Side note:

I also re-tested Enflame and I am not seeing the same behavior. The cast of Enflame is using the Single Target attack formula, however the summoned pseudopets are not producing Procs. I attempted 55 casts of Enflame using 4 Procs in the power, and not once did I see any Procs fire from the summoned pseudopets. This is different from my recollection of testing it last month, where I thought I saw 1 or 2 additional procs from the pseudopets. More testing will be done on Enflame.

On 9/3/2019 at 5:52 AM, Redlynne said:

Why hasn't this thread been stickied yet?

Not really sure, but I wouldn't mind if there were less stickied posts and a clean/concise guide index was created and maintained by the dev's. There is one stickied now, but it is rarely updated and possibly too big for people to sift through (it's well formatted, though). 

• Like 1

Have Explosive Strike Chance for Smashing in Hurricane and I noticed it is not displaying damage or proc'ing in any type of chat window. But I see the damage bar going down on the target. 

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

Have Explosive Strike Chance for Smashing in Hurricane and I noticed it is not displaying damage or proc'ing in any type of chat window. But I see the damage bar going down on the target. 

Do you see damage numbers on your target at least? When I get time, I'll see if I can find it in chat. I usually look at my damage, pet damage but I'll add more to my channel and see if it shows up elsewhere.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:48 PM, Bopper said:

Completed some tests on toggles. Two things of interest came out of it.

1. Procs can only trigger when the power triggers/ticks (we knew that), and the Activation Period of the Proc's enhancement is 10 seconds (we also knew that). However, this does not mean a Proc must wait 10 seconds after triggering before Proc'ing again (Did you know that?.... I didn't know that). It appears the Proc has an opportunity to trigger once per 10 second window, where the opportunity is the first tick from the power within that window. I have updated the front page to describe this behavior. Look for the World of Confusion example in the Activation Period section. The TL;DR of this is basically, the Proc will AVERAGE one opportunity per 10 seconds, even though those opportunities will not necessarily be every 10 seconds. In the World of Confusion example, the gaps between Proc opportunities bounce between 12 seconds and 8 seconds, averaging 10 seconds.
  2.  If you cast a toggle, let it Proc on the first tick, then de-toggle, you can re-toggle to Proc again on the first tick, even if it's within 10 seconds. This is more of a neat to know, as I have not noticed any obvious utility/exploit from doing this (although I know someone who could probably muster up something clever). Anyways, with World of Confusion, I was able to cast it once every 7 seconds and achieve Procs on each cast. Take that for what it's worth.

The best candidate I've come up with for maximizing this is Hot Feet. In that it has a fast enough cast time that you arent wasting valueable time casting it, good enough procs to consider, big enough aoe that you don't have to jump through hoops to use it and a non-noteworthy enough effect that you won't miss it being off for a few seconds at the start of the fight. 

50 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

The best candidate I've come up with for maximizing this is Hot Feet. In that it has a fast enough cast time that you arent wasting valueable time casting it, good enough procs to consider, big enough aoe that you don't have to jump through hoops to use it and a non-noteworthy enough effect that you won't miss it being off for a few seconds at the start of the fight. 

Agreed, Hot Feet is probably one of the better examples of this (I actually tested it, but the damage ticks made reading the combat log a pain). Given the ~1.5s cast time and a reasonable to expect 5-6 second cool down, you could make it tick once every 7 seconds, approximately.

The downside, however is you lose the tick damage from hot feet. At base damage it's 8 damage every 2 seconds (4dps), whereas the hot feet damage from clicking it every 7 seconds becomes 8/7dps. Add in damage modifiers and we're talking about a net of 6-10 dps, depending on containment.

With a probability to proc at 18% for the 3.5 ppm procs, the dps from triggering every 7 seconds as opposed to every 10 seconds likely doesn't make up the damage lost from hot feet triggering every 2 seconds. That also doesn't account for the lost damage from other powers because you were casting hot feet again every 7 seconds which takes up about 1.7s of arcanatime.

I won't dismiss it though, as I haven't truly tested to the level that would form that conclusion. It's just from looking at the numbers, I suspect you lose more than you could gain. Perhaps if you use the purple procs along with the regular procs, you might achieve a slight edge...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bopper said:

Do you see damage numbers on your target at least? When I get time, I'll see if I can find it in chat. I usually look at my damage, pet damage but I'll add more to my channel and see if it shows up elsewhere.

I seen it ONCE come up as a  -41 on a gray con mob after posting. But only once. 

To expand on this.

I ran around that garage area pulling everything with hurricane to see I just stood there as 10 mobs where trying to bash on me.  Some mobs got damage and others didn't. I mean some mobs where at half health and others didn't seem to have a scratch. I Literally fell asleep at one point. 

31 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I seen it ONCE come up as a  -41 on a gray con mob after posting. But only once. 

To expand on this.

I ran around that garage area pulling everything with hurricane to see I just stood there as 10 mobs where trying to bash on me.  Some mobs got damage and others didn't. I mean some mobs where at half health and others didn't seem to have a scratch. I Literally fell asleep at one point. 

Can you confirm that the tab you are looking at shows "Damage Inflicted"? I am on the test server now and I see it proc'ing fine. Every 10 seconds it only has a 15% chance to proc, so basically I get 1 proc ever 60-70 seconds (when testing against 1 target). But I am having no problem seeing the damage pop up over my enemy's head and I see the damage show up in my chat tab.

ExplosiveHurricane.jpg

Edited by Bopper
Added Screenshot

On 9/5/2019 at 8:30 PM, Bopper said:

Can you confirm that the tab you are looking at shows "Damage Inflicted"? I am on the test server now and I see it proc'ing fine. Every 10 seconds it only has a 15% chance to proc, so basically I get 1 proc ever 60-70 seconds (when testing against 1 target). But I am having no problem seeing the damage pop up over my enemy's head and I see the damage show up in my chat tab.

ExplosiveHurricane.jpg

First off wow.

That is where I was testing this out again last night, so I thought for some reason you got a screen shot of me.  So UTRA wild.

I see you created a custom tab. I need to set that up.. 

It is obvious I do not have something selected to show this damage and such. I see the force feedback proc and the stamina proc, but no others.  

I didn't see the numbers pop up except once. But again I could see the health bar reducing.  But I will say this again, against all the mobs that I had aggroed on me only a few were getting damage from the proc.   

5 minutes ago, plainguy said:

First off wow.

That is where I was testing this out again last night, so I thought for some reason you got a screen shot of me.  So UTRA wild.

I see you created a custom tab. I need to set that up.. 

It is obvious I do not have something selected to show this damage and such. I see the force feedback proc and the stamina proc, but no others.  

I didn't see the numbers pop up except once. But again I could see the health bar reducing.  But I will say this again, against all the mobs that I had aggroed on me only a few were getting damage from the proc.   

If you right click in your chat window, you can select edit tab. Select damage inflicted, click add, then save. Hope that helps.

As for damage rarely procing, I dont know how to respond to that without you quantifying it. I believe the probability to proc on each enemy is 15%, which is low. This opportunity to proc happens only once per 10 seconds, so you should average about 0.9 procs per minute per target. The other challenge that you might get from this is your targets getting repelled and knocked back, so it's possible that they might miss one of your 10 second ticks because you knocked them too far away. I can try testing again against a boss or two and see if my numbers line up with the formula.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

A question about a Blaster power, burst of speed, the Martial Combat power set.

In terms of recharge it's an unique power.

The base recharge is 90 sec, but it can be cast three times with a one sec recharge, before the 90 sec recharge takes effect.

It is a PBAOE, so it can take a lot of procs.

Any idea what it's proc percentage might be?

3 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

In terms of recharge it's an unique power.

The base recharge is 90 sec, but it can be cast three times with a one sec recharge, before the 90 sec recharge takes effect.

It is a PBAOE, so it can take a lot of procs.

Any idea what it's proc percentage might be?

Gah, of all days to not bring my personal laptop to work. Thanks for the request, that is certainly a unique power and I'll be happy to look into it for you. I suspect the 90 second recharge is always used for ppm calculations and that a granted refresh is provided to allow for the 3 attacks. If my hunch is right, you could potentially have a very powerful proc nuke. I'll try to manually test it tonight and provide feedback tomorrow evening.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Gah, of all days to not bring my personal laptop to work. Thanks for the request, that is certainly a unique power and I'll be happy to look into it for you. I suspect the 90 second recharge is always used for ppm calculations and that a granted refresh is provided to allow for the 3 attacks. If my hunch is right, you could potentially have a very powerful proc nuke. I'll try to manually test it tonight and provide feedback tomorrow evening.

Also, in general, have you noticed any quirks with procs and similar tele-attack powers?  So far, Obliteration+Scirocco in Lightning Rod seems to go off about how I'd expect, but I'm curious if you or anyone else has noticed anything weird about them being that they spawn a pseudo pet to do the attack portion.  

EDIT: Upon review I saw a comment in this thread about Savage Leap not using a pseudo pet and instead using a different power execution mechanism.  But I seem to recall LR and SC actually using pseudo pets.  Now I'm extra curious about the behind the scenes on the telenukes and how each may play with procs.  

Edited by Omega-202

1 hour ago, Omega-202 said:

Also, in general, have you noticed any quirks with procs and similar tele-attack powers?  So far, Obliteration+Scirocco in Lightning Rod seems to go off about how I'd expect, but I'm curious if you or anyone else has noticed anything weird about them being that they spawn a pseudo pet to do the attack portion.  

EDIT: Upon review I saw a comment in this thread about Savage Leap not using a pseudo pet and instead using a different power execution mechanism.  But I seem to recall LR and SC actually using pseudo pets.  Now I'm extra curious about the behind the scenes on the telenukes and how each may play with procs.  

I can look into that too. If you have a list of other tele-attacks, I'll do some research. I know most are pseudopets, but some are like Savage Melee

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I can look into that too. If you have a list of other tele-attacks, I'll do some research. I know most are pseudopets, but some are like Savage Melee

Off the top of my head: Burst of Speed, Lightning Rod, Shield Charge, Feral Charge and Savage Leap.  

My understanding is that the old gen 1 telenukes (LR and SC) use pseudo pets while SL and FC use the other mechanism.  I have no idea what BoS uses.  Its also possible that LR amd SC have changed since live.  

11 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Just a quick test, but it appears it is the same probability to proc on each teleport, however it does not use the 90 second recharge. If it had been using the 90 second recharge I would have expected every proc to fire 90% of the time. Since that is not the case, I suspect it is using the 10 second activate period that is typical of pseudopets. However, I do not know what the radius is of the pseudopet. I think it will be either 10 or 15 feet, but it will take more of a sample size to determine that. One thing to notice in the below log, the annihilation proc shows that it reduces targets damage resistance in groups of 8. This is likely a bug as it is displaying that message for all 8 resistance types (Smash, Lethal, Energy, Negative, Fire, Cold, Toxic, Psionic).

Test 1: Proof that Burst of Speed uses a pseudopet, it does not use a 90s recharge for Proc calculations, and each teleport uses the same probability to proc (due to same activate period that I suspect is 10s).

Spoiler

[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 29.04.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 50.58.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: HIT Behemoth Overlord! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 87.77.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: HIT Ice Thorn Caster! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 2.74.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 13.44.

[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Burst of Speed for 56.71 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage for 71.74 points of Energy damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You reduce your targets damage resistance temporarily
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You reduce your targets damage resistance temporarily

[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 56.71 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage for 107.08 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage for 71.74 points of Smashing damage.

[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Burst of Speed for 62.95 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage for 118.86 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 62.95 points of Smashing damage.

[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 62.95 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:38] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage for 79.63 points of Smashing damage.

[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 42.03.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 7.97.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: HIT Ice Thorn Caster! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 0.56.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: HIT Behemoth Overlord! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 44.27.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 67.78.

[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Burst of Speed for 69.83 points of Smashing damage.

[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage for 68.87 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 58.19 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Scirocco's Dervish: Chance for Lethal Damage for 71.74 points of Lethal damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Burst of Speed for 64.59 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage for 79.63 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 78.93 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage for 145.25 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 64.59 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:42] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage for 79.63 points of Fire damage.

[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 9.05.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 82.87.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: HIT Behemoth Overlord! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 90.91.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: HIT Ice Thorn Caster! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 47.14.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: HIT Possessed Scientist! Your Burst of Speed power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 17.55.

[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Burst of Speed for 97.12 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage for 102.8 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Behemoth Overlord with your Scirocco's Dervish: Chance for Lethal Damage for 86.09 points of Lethal damage.

[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 80.93 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage for 71.74 points of Energy damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You reduce your targets damage resistance temporarily
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You reduce your targets damage resistance temporarily

[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Burst of Speed for 89.84 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage for 118.86 points of Fire damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Ice Thorn Caster with your Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage for 79.63 points of Fire damage.

[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 109.78 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Scirocco's Dervish: Chance for Lethal Damage for 97.31 points of Lethal damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Burst of Speed for 89.84 points of Smashing damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage for 79.63 points of Energy damage.
[19:49:46] Burst of Speed: You hit Possessed Scientist with your Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage for 79.63 points of Smashing damage.

Did some follow on testing and I found out two things: The max targets hit is 16 (nice), and the radius of the attack is likely 15 feet (not bad).

I did my test by using 5 damage procs: Armageddon (4.5 PPM), Blaster's Wrath (4 PPM), Obliteration, Scirocco's Dervish, and Eradication (each 3.5 PPM). The results are as follows:

Total Hits: 1107

Armageddon Procs: 304 (309 expected for a 15 ft radius; 27.4% actual vs. 27.9% theoretical)

Blaster's Wrath Procs: 277 (275 expected, 25.0% vs. 24.8%)

Scirocco's Procs: 251 (240 expected, 22.7% vs. 21.7%)

Obliteration Procs: 234 (240 expected, 21.1% vs. 21.7%)

Eradication Procs: 259 (240 expected, 23.4% vs. 21.7%)

All 3.5 PPM combined: 744 (721 expected)

Total Procs: 1325 (1304 expected)

I hope that helps in your understanding of the power. To summarize, each teleport acts as a pseudopet, so it uses the 10s activate period for its Proc calculations. The radius of the attack is 15 feet and the max targets it can hit is 16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well that has some really major implications.  It means procs are less effective than they could be in BoS and also means proc rate is probably recharge slotting agnostic.  If its using the standard 10s pseudo pet refresh, then a 100% enhanced BoS would have the same proc rate as a 0% enhanced BoS.

Now I am wondering if the same holds for Lightning Rod.  If so, it may make more sense to slot for max recharge.

Edited by Omega-202

7 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

Now I am wondering if the same holds for Lightning Rod.  If so, it may make more sense to slot for max recharge.

When I get time, I can look into this (not sure if tonight, maybe this weekend) but this should be easy enough for anyone to test on the Pineapple server. Put in a bunch of procs and see if they each are firing 90% of the time or 25% of the time. The discrepancy is so large that it will be obvious.

When I get the chance, I'll make a Shield/Elec tank (or brute) and see if I can verify Shield Charge, Lightning Rod, and Spring Attack (leaping) all at once. I think all will work the same

22 minutes ago, Bopper said:

When I get time, I can look into this (not sure if tonight, maybe this weekend) but this should be easy enough for anyone to test on the Pineapple server. Put in a bunch of procs and see if they each are firing 90% of the time or 25% of the time. The discrepancy is so large that it will be obvious.

When I get the chance, I'll make a Shield/Elec tank (or brute) and see if I can verify Shield Charge, Lightning Rod, and Spring Attack (leaping) all at once. I think all will work the same

My gut from just running Oblit + Scirrocco on LR with 20% recharge gives me the sinking feeling that its the latter.  It seems closer to 25% than 90%.  

33 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

My gut from just running Oblit + Scirrocco on LR with 20% recharge gives me the sinking feeling that its the latter.  It seems closer to 25% than 90%.  

I would be surprised if your intuition is wrong. Pseudopets are not proc friendly for the most part and it appears this will be the same case. I'll have to check out Savage Melee though and see if that does have a different mechanic