Procs Per Minute (PPM) Information Guide

Bopper

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

When I get time, I can look into this (not sure if tonight, maybe this weekend) but this should be easy enough for anyone to test on the Pineapple server.

Assuming the server is reachable, which it frequently isn't.

Also, how do you go about actually testing these, eg, what are you fighting that allows you to get good data?

27 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Assuming the server is reachable, which it frequently isn't.

Also, how do you go about actually testing these, eg, what are you fighting that allows you to get good data?

All my testing is done at Peregrine Island. I start off near Castle and fight the level 50 enemies there for a quick sanity check and to determine my survivability (I dont fully slot if testing). 

From there, I either try to find a boss that I can get a lot of single target samples from (death mages usually) or if I'm testing AoE I go to Rikti Monkey island for easy access to large sample sizes.

While doing this, I log my chats. I then read it into excel and build columns for parsing the log for content I care about, like did a certain power hit an enemy, did Armageddon proc, etc. That's done through the use of if statements and I get a 1 or a 0 for each line for each filter I set up (only one column filter can have a 1 for a single line, obviously). Once that's done, I count the hits and the procs. 

It takes time, but the standardization of the chat logs has made this a much easier process for me.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

For future reference, how do you track damage from pseudo pets?  I have no clue how to get my combat window to display pet and pseudo pet rolls and Google is being less than zero help. 

It's been awhile since I looked, but I believe I use damage inflicted and pet inflicted damage (and hit rolls)

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

• 1 month later

@Bopper ... what is the PPM and Immobilize duration+mag for Frozen Blast in the Target AoE sets?

Found it in game ... 2.5 PPM ... but it appears to only be available in Attuned Enhancement form, meaning you can't artificially limit how much recharge you get from a Recharge/Immobilize proc from the Frozen Blast set.

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

@Bopper ... what is the PPM and Immobilize duration+mag for Frozen Blast in the Target AoE sets?

Found it in game ... 2.5 PPM ... but it appears to only be available in Attuned Enhancement form, meaning you can't artificially limit how much recharge you get from a Recharge/Immobilize proc from the Frozen Blast set.

Correct, all of those types of winter sets are attuned.

The regular Frozen Blast Proc combines a 18.55% recharge enhancement with a 2.5 PPM immobilize proc that I believe is an 8 second duration at Mag 3.

The Superior Frozen Blast Proc combines a 23.1875% recharge enhancement with a 3.5 PPM immobilize proc that I believe is a 10 second duration at Mag 3.

I hope that helps.

20 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I hope that helps.

It does.

I'd been debating whether or not to put the Frozen Blast proc or the Razzle Dazzle proc into Gravitic Emanation on the Warshade build I'm working up (which is prompting yet more review looks of my Peacebringer build since I KEEP FINDING THINGS!!).  The trick is that Gravitic Emanation a Cone attack with a MAG 3 Stun effect in it but it also does a MAG 9.35 Knockback.  So I'm slotting it up with:

• Rope A Dope: Accuracy/Stun/Recharge 50+5
  • Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge 21
  • Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown 21
  • Superior Frozen Blast: Recharge/Chance for Immobilize 50

This combination then yields ...

+26.50% Accuracy

+49.69% Recharge @ Level 50 ... (45s base)

+26.50% Stun duration (increasing from 13.71s to 16.96s)

100% chance KnockDOWN

100% chance MAG 3 Stun (for 16.96s)

89.04% chance MAG 3 Immobilize (for 10s)

50.88% chance per $Target (max 10) of Force Feedback proc adding +100% recharge for 5s

1. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)1 = 50.88%
  2. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)2 = 75.87%
  3. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)3 = 88.15%
  4. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)4 = 94.18%
  5. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)5 = 97.14%
  6. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)6 = 98.60%
  7. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)7 = 99.31%
  8. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)8 = 99.66%
  9. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)9 = 99.83%
  10. $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.5088)10 = 99.92%

Recharge time with +70% Hasten, +82.5% global set modifiers and +49.69% enhancement slotting but no Force Feedback proc: 14.89s

Recharge time with +70% Hasten, +82.5% global set modifiers and +49.69% enhancement slotting and a Force Feedback proc: 13.31s (a reduction of -1.58s to Gravitic Emanation)

That means that there's a "gap" in the Immobilize duration, but the Stun duration is easily perma (casting time for Gravitic Emanation is 1 second) with almost 2 seconds to spare.

This turns Gravitic Emanation into an "area ghetto hold" Click type power (since Stun+Immobilize=Hold) which is able to affect up to 10 $Targets within its 45º Cone range of 40ft (jump UP to turn it into a PBAoE-ish attack around yourself for a Hop 'n' Pop use of Gravitic Emanation!) which will "freeze" Minions and Lieutenants, allowing you to deal with Bosses using Gravity Well (slotted for a 90% chance of a +2 MAG Hold on top of the base MAG 3 Hold), in a way that prevents wanderers/runners.

I figure the only thing I'm missing is the bowling alley strike sound FX for how I've 4-slotted the power, given what it will now do ...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I hope that helps.

Yeah ... it does. 😎

IifneyR.gif

27 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Recharge time with +70% Hasten, +82.5% global set modifiers and +49.69% enhancement slotting but no Force Feedback proc: 14.89s

Recharge time with +70% Hasten, +82.5% global set modifiers and +49.69% enhancement slotting and a Force Feedback proc: 13.31s (a reduction of -1.58s to Gravitic Emanation)

Sounds like a great idea. And if it interests you at all, the recharge time with the FF proc should actually be 13.2368 seconds, so even better!

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Sounds like a great idea. And if it interests you at all, the recharge time with the FF proc should actually be 13.2368 seconds, so even better!

And just in case it interests you at all, the formula I used (in multiple steps) to get the additive before division reductive answer gets compounded into this "all in one go" version:

(45-(1+.7+.825+1+.4969)*5)/(1+.7+.825+.4696)+5 = 13.3117945635 seconds

And since 13.31 is a "more unfavorable" answer than 13.24 ... I'll stick with my math for this one. ^_~

IifneyR.gif

10 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

(45-(1+.7+.825+1+.4969)*5)/(1+.7+.825+.4696)+5 = 13.3117945635 seconds

Looks like you had a typo causing the error. Change what's in red to .4969 and you will get 13.24.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Redlynne said:

Hooray for typos!

They get the best of us lol. If you post the build anywhere, I'll check it out. I'm curious what the total numbers are and if anything can be played with.

23 minutes ago, Bopper said:

They get the best of us lol. If you post the build anywhere, I'll check it out. I'm curious what the total numbers are and if anything can be played with.

Working on it ... but if you've been watching the "saga" of my (now) v3.0.2 Peacebringer (which may turn into v3.0.3 thanks to all this Warshade research I've been doing) it may take a little while (just to write it all!).

Edit:

Whew!  Took a look at my v3.0.2 Peacebringer build and realized that my Peacebringer and Warshade builds have ... diverged ... enough through their evolution processes to the point where even though I'm using the same "conceptual core" for both of them, the ... shapes ... of what they can do with their powers, and how those powers are arranged (and what slots they need) yield sufficient differentiation that I can't just "cleanly" port the core of one into the other, and vice-versa, seamlessly.  So the end result is something where you essentially take different routes to achieve the same purpose(s) via alternate means ... which is really GOOD from my perspective, since that means it won't feel like playing one is the same as playing the other (with the serial numbers filed off).

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

On 12/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, Redlynne said:

<snip>

I figure the only thing I'm missing is the bowling alley strike sound FX for how I've 4-slotted the power, given what it will now do ...

spacer.png

Yeah ... it does. 😎

That can be arranged...

😎

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Savage leap is essentially a 40 sec rech aoe that takes you along for the ride.

So a proc dream.

sav/bio stalker

I have 5 procs in mine: 4 damage procs, 1 -res proc

I use +5 Armageddon damage IO and musculature

vs Lvl 50 death mage

Savage Leap from point blank

screenshot_191209-17-43-12.thumb.jpg.8a890ccc2efcb8a4efdbbb7f480314e9.jpg

Savage Leap from max range - doubles base damage and doubles bleed dot

screenshot_191209-17-44-28.thumb.jpg.e2f71458f13169cbf80b8e71c7d468cb.jpg

Feral charge - dominators

Not quite the beast that savage leap is. If someone else could test this power that might be beneficial.

From what I see it rolls procs like a st melee attack ONLY against your target (65% for 3.5ppm). Procs do occur on the surrounding targets (5 cap), but with much lower frequency. I'm guessing the procs on the surrounding targets roll with aoe probability, which considering it is a 15ft aoe with 10 sec base rech...it isn't great probability. 

That said, the aoe factor of the power is more of a bonus that anything and feral charge remains one of the most enjoyable powers for me at least. 

@Frosticusthanks for bringing those powers to my attention. When I get an opportunity, I'll take a look at those powers' descriptions in my SCoRE folder to see how they should work. Can you tell me what you're seeing with Savage Leap? If I took a guess, I would thing it acts as a single target, then adds an AoE pet at that location (like Glue Arrow). Have you ever seen it double proc on your intended target?

15 minutes ago, Bopper said:

@Frosticusthanks for bringing those powers to my attention. When I get an opportunity, I'll take a look at those powers' descriptions in my SCoRE folder to see how they should work. Can you tell me what you're seeing with Savage Leap? If I took a guess, I would thing it acts as a single target, then adds an AoE pet at that location (like Glue Arrow). Have you ever seen it double proc on your intended target?

I can't say I have seen it double proc on my main target, but I'll watch this evening.

it can crit, though it is unrelated to hidden status. I can't say for certain the crit chance is boosted in a team either as stuff happens pretty fast.

Probably easiest to test the scrapper version with their ato on that aspect. Assuming the scrapper version can crit as well.

It is a funny power with regard to line of sight. The straight forward part is that you need to be able to see your target upon activation. But if you can't see the enemies beside your target it won't hit them. It doesn't miss them, it just doesn't even check against them.

You'll see this if you use it while falling (ie off a building). Even if you lose sight of your main target it will still hit him, but his buddies won't be affected. More commonly, if some enemies are behind an obstacle it won't roll against them.

I feel it has a strange interaction with regard to the adaptation toxic proc that bio adds on occasion. I'll watch that more closely going forward as well.

Finally, like feral charge, it rolls its procs regardless of whether you hit or not with the attack (definitely vs your main target, can't say for the surrounding area). The power has an auto hit portion (the teleport to enemy I guess) and an aoe attack (damage) portion. 

• 2 weeks later
On 6/27/2019 at 3:01 AM, Bopper said:

Probability to Proc = PPM * (MRT+ CastTime) / (60 * AreaMod)

You know ... after all of this time, I kind of expected the CastTime to be better defined than your guide currently has it @Bopper because there's "more than one cast time" to choose from.

Does the CastTime parameter use arcanatime for the animations ... or not?

For a powerset like Martial Arts, this can make quite a difference ... since the game reported cast time is 0.83s for Thunder Kick and Storm Kick, but these two powers have an arcanatime of 1.056s (which is a 1.27x increase over 0.83s) for their animations.  So in the interest of using the "correct cast times" for the formula, which cast time ought to be getting used?  Would be nice to remove the inherent ambiguity on this point.

IifneyR.gif

12 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Does the CastTime parameter use arcanatime for the animations ... or not?

ArcanaTime is a function of CastTime. It is useful for calculating accurate attack chain times (real world), but nothing else. Whenever the game mentions CastTime, it means the in game listed CastTime. ArcanaTime is not used anywhere within the game.

The formula for calculating ArcanaTime is:

ArcanaTime = [Ceiling(CastTime / 0.132) + 1] * 0.132

You can learn more about ArcanaTime here

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

So, question...

If I'm trying to maximize my damage via procs, would putting Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff in my AoEs be worth while, or am I better off with a damage proc instead? This is assuming I already have 2 other damage procs in those powers.

I'm also struggling with the fact that, since I'm using so many procs in these powers, I'm unable to achieve a high enough global recharge rate to achieve perma-hasten (Posi's Blast and Ragnarok require 5/6 to be slotted to get their recharge bonuses). Would I be better off going for a higher recharge rate with less procs for sustained DPS, or does having more procs in powers that fire less often outweigh that?

I'm not a math guy, and while I've been trying different things in Mids and on the Test Server, neither way has seemed "better" so far. Is there anything in your testing that has suggested one route over another?

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, question...

If I'm trying to maximize my damage via procs, would putting Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff in my AoEs be worth while, or am I better off with a damage proc instead? This is assuming I already have 2 other damage procs in those powers.

I'm also struggling with the fact that, since I'm using so many procs in these powers, I'm unable to achieve a high enough global recharge rate to achieve perma-hasten (Posi's Blast and Ragnarok require 5/6 to be slotted to get their recharge bonuses). Would I be better off going for a higher recharge rate with less procs for sustained DPS, or does having more procs in powers that fire less often outweigh that?

I'm not a math guy, and while I've been trying different things in Mids and on the Test Server, neither way has seemed "better" so far. Is there anything in your testing that has suggested one route over another?

Lots of questions there, and most of them can't be answered generally. It depends on your archetype, build, etc. If you're a blaster or scrapper, you might not care for procs. But if you're a defender, you might. 

My testing has been on lower damage archetypes, like tankers and defenders, and in my testing I can say procs improve damage output.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

would putting Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff in my AoEs be worth while

The answer is ... IT DEPENDS ...

One of the main problems with putting Resistance Debuff procs into AoEs is that the area of the AoE "dilutes" the proc chance, meaning that you'll have a lower chance of getting the proc to affect specific $Targets caught in the AoE.  Depending on the details of your build that may or may not be a problem for you.  It just really depends on what you're trying to achieve (and why) and how "reliable" you need the proc(s) to be in order to consider the effort worthwhile.

This isn't something that can be decided in a vacuum, since the context is EVERYTHING for the question as posed (and you've provided no context whatsoever).

Best thing you could do is post your build in the Archetype subforums and ask over there with a post of your build.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif