Procs Per Minute (PPM) Information Guide

Bopper

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Ah! Fair enough, I didn't realize that the answer would be different for various ATs and builds (I figured the universal law was pretty much "get global recharge, use procs, 'nuff said"), But I'll see what the others on the Controller subforum think!

The reason for archetypes is because of the base damage. Proc damage is static, so the benefits of a proc for a scrapper has less of a percentage impact than it would for a controller. I recommend checking out @Sir Myshkinthread in the controller forums for Proc Monsters. Lots of good details there.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

After all said and done.
Question:  Carrion Creepers should or should NOT be slotted with procs?  And if so, have we explored which ones provide the most benefit?
I read Unknown Magi 's testing on Carrion Creepers and I was not too sure of his conclusion.  It sounded like he stated that there were a ton of damage points recorded, but he wasn't able to determine if they were procs or just the normal damage ticks?
Observation: A single casting of carrion creepers was capable of achiever a stagger 90 PPM over the lifetime of the power.  One casting was used against two groups sequentially over the course of 1:38 seconds and generated 146 instances of Pet Bonus Damage in herostats (which is differentiated from my own bonus damage procs). 
MOAR PROCS?   Or Just fill it with Frozen Blast and be done with it?

Edit: Addendum - Is it worth adding Force Feedback if it only affects the player on initial cast?  Or does it, in fact, affect it's own recharge rate per proc?
Thanks for reading 🙂

Edited by Tamorand

On 1/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, Tamorand said:

After all said and done.
Question:  Carrion Creepers should or should NOT be slotted with procs?  And if so, have we explored which ones provide the most benefit?
I read Unknown Magi 's testing on Carrion Creepers and I was not too sure of his conclusion.  It sounded like he stated that there were a ton of damage points recorded, but he wasn't able to determine if they were procs or just the normal damage ticks?
Observation: A single casting of carrion creepers was capable of achiever a stagger 90 PPM over the lifetime of the power.  One casting was used against two groups sequentially over the course of 1:38 seconds and generated 146 instances of Pet Bonus Damage in herostats (which is differentiated from my own bonus damage procs). 

Edit: Addendum - Is it worth adding Force Feedback if it only affects the player on initial cast?  Or does it, in fact, affect it's own recharge rate per proc?
Thanks for reading 🙂

100% should. I'm seeing people slotting with 5 procs and a 50+5 acc/rech purple. Wouldn't slot the Force Feedback proc in there since it would only have a chance to fire on you on casting the power and after that pet powers are unaffected by recharge.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 1/3/2020 at 3:21 PM, Tamorand said:

After all said and done.

Thanks for reading 🙂

Yes, but not all procs are created equal in creepers because the power summons different pets that do different things.

long and short: aoe procs, immob proc are good

slow and kb procs not so good. 

creeprs is also worth slotting for damage and acc and recharge because recasting it has advantages too. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Bopper, the amount of work you have put in this thread is incredible.  Kudos.  In Atomic Manipulation for blasters both Beta Decay and Metabolic Acceleration can support the Achilles Heel -resist proc.  Since both of these are AOE toggles, could all enemies in the radius be affected?  Would the procs stack from both powers?  Also, in your opinion, would Energy Manipulator Chance to stun be an effective proc for metabolic Acceleration?

Thanks for your time.

HellHound

8 hours ago, He11Hound said:

Bopper, the amount of work you have put in this thread is incredible.  Kudos.  In Atomic Manipulation for blasters both Beta Decay and Metabolic Acceleration can support the Achilles Heel -resist proc.  Since both of these are AOE toggles, could all enemies in the radius be affected?  Would the procs stack from both powers?  Also, in your opinion, would Energy Manipulator Chance to stun be an effective proc for metabolic Acceleration?

Thanks for your time.

HellHound

Achilles' Heel won't stack. If an enemy is already afflicted by the Achilles' proc, an additional application would only refresh its duration (if I recall correctly).

I am horribly unfamiliar with atomic manipulation, unfortunately. It is a very new set that did not exist on City of Data, nor is it in the the SCoRE data dump, so I can only go off what I see in game or on Mids Reborn. That being said, I don't see anywhere that says Metabolic Acceleration takes -defense debuff IOs, so it shouldn't be taking the Achilles' Heel proc.

As for their proc-ability, I'd say you can certainly leverage it. As for Metabolic Acceleration, it gives you a second power to slot the +End Proc from the Performance Shifter set.

Beta Decay is very interesting, as it can take 8 procs: 1 -res debuff, 3 damage, 2 +to-hit buff, 1 recharge debuff, 1 recovery debuff. The question with slotting will come down to how do you want to play as a Blaster. If you can survive staying in melee range and you can afford the extra slots, then you could make a fairly nice offensive aura. But let's crank out the numbers to see if it's actually worth your while.

Recall, your toggle aura will have a chance to proc once every 10 seconds...which is used in the calculations for the probability to proc. Let's work out the numbers for 1 PPM proc, then apply that result to each of the procs mentioned with their respective PPM values.

We have a 10 second activate period, a 15 foot PBAoE radius. This gives us:

Probability (1PPM) = 10s / [ 60s x ( 1 + 0.75 x 0.15 x 15) ] = 6.20155039%

Each of the three Damage procs, the Resistance Debuff proc, the Recovery Debuff proc, and the Recharge Slow Debuff proc have a 3.5 PPM value, so their chance to proc is 

Probability (3.5 PPM) = 3.5 x 6.2% = 21.70542637%

Each of the +To-Hit Buff procs have a 2 PPM value, so their chance to proc is

Probability (2 PPM) = 2 x 6.2% = 12.40310078%

So what can this all mean? The damage procs do 71.75 damage if they do hit, so on average we can calculate the proc will do 71.75 damage every 10 seconds on each target it successfully hits at a rate of 21.7%.  Let's be generous and assume you have a 95% probability to hit a target. This means you will do on average:

Average DPS per target = (71.75 x 0.217054 x 0.95) / 10s = 1.4795 DPS.

So if you have 3 damage procs slotted, you can expect every target in your aura will average an additional 3 x 1.4795 = 4.4385 DPS.

As you can see, the return on damage procs in an aura are not particularly earth shattering. Especially for a blaster. As for the Resistance Debuff proc, you might like it. If you have 5 enemies in your aura, 1 of them will likely get hit with the resistance debuff proc and you will see that enemy take an additional 20% damage for the next 10 seconds. That's useful in the right circumstances. As for the other debuff procs... meh. 

Now, oddly enough, the most useful procs might be the +To-Hit procs as you only need one to proc to get the benefit. However, if you are already achieving a 95% To-Hit probability on enemies (as I generously used in the above examples), then the procs are worthless as you can't get any better. BUT IF YOU AREN'T CAPPED, then use of these procs could greatly help you get there. You could even stack it if you're lucky enough. Below I'll provide the probability of having no Procs, 1 Proc, or 2 Procs (double stack) for different number of hit targets per 10 seconds.

image.png.27185bea6873e8bf5c7ea7694d5e3811.png

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

5 hours ago, He11Hound said:

Thanks for your reply!  You are correct, MA does not take the debuff.  Pine's Hero Designer is incorrect (or mine is out of date)

If it's called Pines, it's very out of date. You want v2.6.07 (iirc) of Mids Reborn. You can find a link in the Tools Forum section.

• Thanks 1

@Bopper, this is a bit of a niche info, but perhaps you've come across it in your meanderings through all the PPM data.

Do you happen to know when the Scrapper's Critical Strikes proc happens? Is it:

1) - Skill activates, proc goes off, skill gets to use the proc but the animation time of the skill eats into the 3.5 duration of the skill

2) - Skill activates, proc goes off only once the animation is over but the skill still gets the effect of it.

3) - Skill activates, animates, proc only goes off at the end of animation and the skill did not get the effect of it.

I'm curious because this is something I've pondered before regarding where to place that particular proc so it benefits as much of my attack chain as possible. Currently I'm trying an StJ Scrapper and the first most logical placement for it would be Crushing Uppercut, but I don't want to put it there for a couple of reasons. One of them is that the skill is too high up and when I exemp down I would simply not have access to it and the second is that in an AoE situation I would be spending my combo points in Spinning Strike so the proc would not be used.

Shin Breaker is not a good choice either because it's my first skill in the attack chain (I was intending to go with Shin Breaker, Rib Cracker, Heavy Blow, then with the three combo points use Crushing Uppercut or Spinning Strike) and 3.5 seconds does not last long enough to still affect CU/SS. This leaves Rib Cracker.

With Rib Cracker if it goes off the proc would affect Rib Cracker itself(?), Heavy Blow, and then barely barely eke out enough to still affect CU/SS. Depending on which of the three scenarios above works out.

27 minutes ago, Sovera said:

this is a bit of a niche info, but perhaps you've come across it in your meanderings through all the PPM data.

Do you happen to know when the Scrapper's Critical Strikes proc happens? Is it:

1) - Skill activates, proc goes off, skill gets to use the proc but the animation time of the skill eats into the 3.5 duration of the skill

2) - Skill activates, proc goes off only once the animation is over but the skill still gets the effect of it.

3) - Skill activates, animates, proc only goes off at the end of animation and the skill did not get the effect of it.

This is a bit outside my lane. However, you might ask @Sir Myshkinnicely. He has a fantastic eye for testing and evaluating results at a frame by frame level. I believe he also plays scrappers so he might just know the answer off hand. Either way, if you guys figure out the answer, I'd love to know. 

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

I would assume that this is the correct answer since it would "fit" with how the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-control proc works and also how the buff from Eagle's Claw in Martial Arts works.

The key thing you need to remember is that City of Heroes is a Resolve First, Animate After system game mechanically under the hood.  This means that the conditions present at the instant of activation on a power is what modifies its performance.  The game resolves everything concerning the power FIRST (hit/miss, damage, etc.) and then shows you the results of that determination.  This is why I am rather sure that the critical strikes proc ought to only be affecting powers activated AFTER the proc ... since the proc effect was not active when the power with the proc was activated (presumably).

Note that this means that theoretically, in order to get the "most" out of the 3.5s duration of the proc that you've cited, you need to cram as many attack powers as you can activate within that 3.5s window of opportunity ... but if you activate a long animation attack at (say...) 3.4s elapsed duration that long animation attack ought to get the benefit of the proc, because the resolution for what happens gets done before the 3.5s duration expires, "locking in" the effect of the buff even though most of the animation time for the power extends WELL beyond the 3.5s duration.

I exploited this game mechanical bit of trickery in both my Ninja/Time/Mace Mastermind build and Kheldian builds that use the Decimation Build Up proc, so as to "extend" the benefit of the buff beyond a mere 5.25s, and on my SR/MA Tanker build so as to get the most benefit out of the damage buff yield after using Eagle's Claw.  I figure that the buff from the ATO critical strikes proc works basically the same as these other effects.

So the moral of the story would be that you first need to figure out what your attack chain is going to be ... calculate the animation times for all of those powers, in sequence ... and then slot the critical strike proc into a power that you will use 3.0-3.48s before activating a "big" long animation time power so as to "extend" the animation time coverage of the proc.  For example, if you activated Eagle's Claw at 3.3s into the duration of the 3.5s buff, then the critical strike buff would "last" all the way through the Eagle's Claw arcanatime time of ~2.7s ... and 3.3+2.7=6s of actual animation time worth of critical strike buffing usefulness, even though the buff itself only lasts for 3.5s.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I would assume that this is the correct answer since it would "fit" with how the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-control proc works and also how the buff from Eagle's Claw in Martial Arts works.

The key thing you need to remember is that City of Heroes is a Resolve First, Animate After system game mechanically under the hood.  This means that the conditions present at the instant of activation on a power is what modifies its performance.  The game resolves everything concerning the power FIRST (hit/miss, damage, etc.) and then shows you the results of that determination.  This is why I am rather sure that the critical strikes proc ought to only be affecting powers activated AFTER the proc ... since the proc effect was not active when the power with the proc was activated (presumably).

Note that this means that theoretically, in order to get the "most" out of the 3.5s duration of the proc that you've cited, you need to cram as many attack powers as you can activate within that 3.5s window of opportunity ... but if you activate a long animation attack at (say...) 3.4s elapsed duration that long animation attack ought to get the benefit of the proc, because the resolution for what happens gets done before the 3.5s duration expires, "locking in" the effect of the buff even though most of the animation time for the power extends WELL beyond the 3.5s duration.

I exploited this game mechanical bit of trickery in both my Ninja/Time/Mace Mastermind build and Kheldian builds that use the Decimation Build Up proc, so as to "extend" the benefit of the buff beyond a mere 5.25s, and on my SR/MA Tanker build so as to get the most benefit out of the damage buff yield after using Eagle's Claw.  I figure that the buff from the ATO critical strikes proc works basically the same as these other effects.

So the moral of the story would be that you first need to figure out what your attack chain is going to be ... calculate the animation times for all of those powers, in sequence ... and then slot the critical strike proc into a power that you will use 3.0-3.48s before activating a "big" long animation time power so as to "extend" the animation time coverage of the proc.  For example, if you activated Eagle's Claw at 3.3s into the duration of the 3.5s buff, then the critical strike buff would "last" all the way through the Eagle's Claw arcanatime time of ~2.7s ... and 3.3+2.7=6s of actual animation time worth of critical strike buffing usefulness, even though the buff itself only lasts for 3.5s.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that's what I've mentioned above with just barely (0.2-ish seconds) left to activate one of StJ's finishers (which might be cutting it too close considering possible network lag).

But I ask this because despite the common sense you've espoused, and which I agree with, the popular opinion appears to be throwing the Critical Strikes proc into a set's heavy hitter. I did not ask if this was done because heavy hitters usually have a longer animation and/or longer recharge which lends itself to triggering procs or laboring under the assumption that 'proc goes off, that means my big hitter just got boosted by it'.

It would make more sense to place it on the set's second hardest hitter so it benefits the harder hitting one.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:01 AM, Bopper said:

MRT = BaseRecharge / ( 1 + RechargeBoost_from_Enhancements_and_Alpha / 100

So I'm putting together a spreadsheet, and I'd like some clarification on this.

Is it 4 / (1 +1.12 / 100) or 4 / (1 + 112 / 100) which is 3.95 and 1.8867 respectively. Or was the /100 there to bring the 112 down to being 1.12?

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, Redlynne said:

Click Powers that are NOT chains

PPM * ((BaseRecharge / ( 1 + RechargeBoost from Enhancements and Alpha / 100 )) + CastTime) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 30,000))) = Proc Chance

*Note* For Single Target use Radius = 0 and Arc = 0.

*Note* For Sphere, Arc = 360. Use the Radius and Arc values provided in the Info panel of your Build Planner.

Click Powers that ARE chain attacks

PPM * ((BaseRecharge / ( 1 + RechargeBoost from Enhancements and Alpha / 100 )) + CastTime) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0.75 * MaxTargetsHit))) = Proc Chance

Toggle, Auto (and Pseudopets?) that are NOT chains

PPM x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 30,000))) = Proc Chance

*Note* For Single Target use Radius = 0 and Arc = 0.

*Note* For Sphere, Arc = 360. Use the Radius and Arc values provided in the Info panel of your Build Planner.

Toggle, Auto (and Pseudopets?) that ARE chain attacks

PPM x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0.75 * MaxTargetsHit))) = Proc Chance

5 + PPM * 1.5 = Minimum proc % chance

90% = Maximum proc % chance

The PPM for each Proc can be found HERE although this information has not yet been vetted for Homecoming servers as of yet.

*Note* The Proc Chance value returned by this formula will, for example, be 1.0 for a 100% chance to proc.  Just multiply the answer by 100 to see it as a straight % chance to proc.

Reposting for easy answer.

29 minutes ago, underfyre said:

4 / (1 + 112 / 100)

This would be 112% recharge resulting in 4/2.112=1.8867 ...

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, underfyre said:

So I'm putting together a spreadsheet, and I'd like some clarification on this.

Is it 4 / (1 +1.12 / 100) or 4 / (1 + 112 / 100) which is 3.95 and 1.8867 respectively. Or was the /100 there to bring the 112 down to being 1.12?

The divide by 100 actually represents a divide by 100%. That's bad form on my part as I should just write the formula as .../100%. Sorry for the confusion. 

Spoiler
On 6/27/2019 at 1:01 AM, Bopper said:

Modified Recharge Time (MRT):    

Modified Recharge Time (MRT) is the power’s actual recharge time when no global recharge boosts are present. If you’re not sure what your MRT is, you can check this in the game. Just right-click on the power, select “info”, and see what is listed as the recharge time. This recharge time will incorporate the recharge enhancements and alpha enhancements installed in the power, after enhancement diversification is factored in (again, global recharge boosts will not affect this).

Sometimes an example is worth a thousand words, so let’s do a few. Let’s assume we look at a power that has no recharge boosts from enhancements nor alpha incarnates, thus its enhanced recharge is 0%. If we look at the same power slotted with a T4 Agility Alpha and 2 Level 50 Invention-Origin Recharge Enhancements, the enhanced recharge is 114% after enhancement diversification. Let’s look at what the actual recharge time would be and the what the MRT would be if we also incorporate a 100% global recharge (achievable with Hasten and 4 LotGs).

Base Recharge

Enhanced Recharge

Global Recharge Bonus

Actual Recharge Time

Modified Recharge Time

10 sec

0%

0%

10 sec

10 sec

10 sec

0%

100%

5 sec

10 sec

10 sec

114%

0%

4.67 sec

4.67 sec

10 sec

114%

100%

3.18 sec

4.67 sec

As we can see, the global recharge bonus has no effect on the modified recharge time. This also highlights how added recharge has diminishing returns. Notice how going from 0% enhanced recharge to 114% enhanced recharge while already having 100% global recharge only decreased the actual recharge time by 1.82 seconds, yet the MRT decreased by 5.33 seconds. If your build already has managed high global recharge, you might be better off not slotting any recharge enhancements into your Proc powers as your actual recharge time will not decrease by much but your Proc performance can greatly decrease due to the significant decrease in MRT.

@underfyre, I went back and had to look over the guide. It looks like I did somewhat have clarity in the description of the MRT, but it was implicit. You'll notice the table of example Base Recharges and Enhanced Recharge (using %) with their calculated MRT. I hope that helps. Good luck with your Proc builds.

Edited by Bopper

Apologies if I've missed this in the long thread. I must admit a lot of what I read here made my brain melt, but it's incredible info.

How do I know if a Proc needs to be in an active power? Is there something in its description (I've not seen anything in Mids or in game) that tells me.

What about PReventative Medicine? I do not understand the "If scourge" condition. Does it only work for Cruppers or what?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Apologies if I've missed this in the long thread. I must admit a lot of what I read here made my brain melt, but it's incredible info.

How do I know if a Proc needs to be in an active power? Is there something in its description (I've not seen anything in Mids or in game) that tells me.

What about PReventative Medicine? I do not understand the "If scourge" condition. Does it only work for Cruppers or what?

First, I'd recommend reading the Paragonwiki. 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Invention_Origin_Enhancements#Procs

How are you defining procs as active? Typically a proc requires you to have access to the power because a proc effect won't trigger unless you use the power. So if you're exemplared and lose access to the power, you can't proc off it anyways.

Now, there are global IOs that get called procs when they're really not. Like the +Recovery Miracle. 

Preventative Medicine should be treated as a Global IO, so its effects should always be on, even if exemplared...unless you exemplar less than 3 levels below the lowest possible level of the IO. Again, read the link I gave (I pointed to the procs, but the whole page is good).

Thanks, that's useful. So to be clear (not that I exemplar often) if I then catalyze my procs and special IOs they will work down to 3 levels below their minimum level? or do they just work at every level above 7?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

21 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Thanks, that's useful. So to be clear (not that I exemplar often) if I then catalyze my procs and special IOs they will work down to 3 levels below their minimum level? or do they just work at every level above 7?

I dont want to misspeak, so please look at this. It helped me understand this matter immensely. But in short, only set bonuses stop working if less than 3 levels of the IO's CURRENT level. So a lvl 45 IO will have its set bonus stop working at lvl 41 and lower. Enhancement effects (including global effects)  will work down to 3 levels below the LOWEST POSSIBLE level the IO COULD be. So, if you have a lvl 40 IO with a +10% Recovery, and that IO has a range from levels 20-40, then that +10% Recovery will work for you down to lvl 17. 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attuned

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Exemplar_Effects_on_Enhancements

7 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

I dont want to misspeak, so please look at this. It helped me understand this matter immensely. But in short, only set bonuses stop working if less than 3 levels of the IO's CURRENT level. So a lvl 45 IO will have its set bonus stop working at lvl 41 and lower. Enhancement effects (including global effects)  will work down to 3 levels below the LOWEST POSSIBLE level the IO COULD be. So, if you have a lvl 40 IO with a +10% Recovery, and that IO has a range from levels 20-40, then that +10% Recovery will work for you down to lvl 17. 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attuned

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Exemplar_Effects_on_Enhancements

Not quite - special IOs that act like set bonuses (they show up under your "set bonus" list in your character's info window) follow the -3 rule. Common examples of this are the knockback protection IOs and the Steadfast Protection +3% defense IO. The exceptions to that are the special PvP IO pieces that give resistance (Shield Wall) and defense (Gladiator's Armor) since PvP IO set bonuses exemplar just like purple set bonuses.

Procs that don't act like set bonuses (damage procs, "chance for" procs, "always-on" procs) will work no matter what level you're exemplared to as long as the power they're slotted in is available for use. If I slot a level 40 Miracle +recovery into Health it'll be available at any level because Health is unlocked at level 2 (and even if I exemplar down to level 1 I'd still have any power I picked up to level 6). For procs that fit this description, the level range of the IO set is irrelevant.

Edited by macskull
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 minutes ago, macskull said:

Not quite - special IOs that act like set bonuses (they show up under your "set bonus" list in your character's info window) follow the -3 rule. Common examples of this are the knockback protection IOs and the Steadfast Protection +3% defense IO. The exceptions to that are the special PvP IO pieces that give resistance (Shield Wall) and defense (Gladiator's Armor) since PvP IO set bonuses exemplar just like purple set bonuses.

Procs that don't act like set bonuses (damage procs, "chance for" procs, "always-on" procs) will work no matter what level you're exemplared to as long as the power they're slotted in is available for use. If I slot a level 40 Miracle +recovery into Health it'll be available at any level because Health is unlocked at level 2 (and even if I exemplar down to level 1 I'd still have any power I picked up to level 6). For procs that fit this description, the level range of the IO set is irrelevant.

Thank you for the clarification. I was responding from memory (which isn't great), which is why I posted the links to the correct info just in case I was misspeaking. That's good info to know, and I'll have to go back and look a little bit more carefully at the details.