Liberty - represent

psifire68

[glow=blue,2,300]Clan Bludgeon[/glow]

• Child of Infinity - ONLY Infinity
  • (36) Level 50 Toons
  • Care-Taker of the late great "Great House Of Shadows" SG    (Yes, we actually did perform base raids)
  • I was there when the game launched, and I was there for the "Great Betrayal" when the turned off the servers (Torch in Hand).

We strode the world like Titans and we will again!

• Like 1

Tax E!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my main hero was Daemein DM/Invuln Scrapper

My main villain was Nighte Stalker DM/DA Brute

I was a day 1 player all the way until the end.

I had every slot filled with a lvl 50 alt.

Badge-a-holic I had them all!

Was part of the server group that did all the speed runs of TF, SF, ect

Tax E was one of my first in game friends and would "tax e" me around large zones, especially hazard zones! :D

I also recognize Panda shaking it fast!

I need to get me a PC so I can start playing again

*pokes Dae*

I used to be @Brightfires... aka Mrs. @FlyingCodeMonkey

FCM's not playing on Homecoming at all, but I've camped out with the crazy roleplayers over on Everlasting. XD

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Thanks to a short article I found back to the game. I started with the beta and stayed quite a while. I do not remember the server, but many names here seem familiar (St. Valentines rings some bells).

My main was an Empathy/Radiation Healer called Thunderrock. We had a small SG called "Ghosts of Paragon". I still have a lot of screenshots from the good old times :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Infernal Marquis has heard the call and has returned home!

Formerly @CarlosSpiceyWeiner and now @Infernal Marquis on Indomitable server. @original_prankster, @Alpha911, and I have recreated The Crimson Order supergroup. @Daleaha said that @Tax_E might have some pics and a video of our old SG base, taken days before shutdown. I know Alpha's nostalgia gland is twitching something fierce and he was wanting to recreate some of our old base features.

TCO was famous (infamous?) for "Shadow Shard Shaturdays" where we would run all of the TFs in that zone because nobody else wanted to! LOL We had it down to a science. Perhaps we'll do so again. We did a Faathim run the other night in 1hr 28min.

Since you last saw me, I married Meow Miss (@mylannelfare) from the Avant Guards SG and we now have a beautiful 3yr old daughter together. Life has been good; now that CoH is back, life is even better!

received_2117686144933085.jpeg

received_834990643516593.jpeg

Edited by Infernal
  • Like 2

MTFB P-ko, Cailean Cala, Skuld, Little Buster, Mewtant One here. Most likely you'd know Skuld due to my obsession with destroying Rikti Dropships back in the day (I'd broadcast looking for people to try on Skuld, my Radiation defender). I even made a poster with American Valor that was put up on the forums for an event trying to get all the servers to try it.

Honestly, after the first couple years I pretty much kept to my supergroup (SG Aegis). Many more of you are likely to remember Kaschmar, I-bolit, Chamberlayne, Astro Glider (AG Blaster after getting genericed due to the risque (but is it really?) name) and a few others (Babs. . . but was that the whole name?) who were in that supergroup with me. I should probably let them know this exists, even if it might not last. I've had actual dreams occasionally since the servers closed about something like this and I bet I'm not alone.

Currently residing on Indomitable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I just found out about this game two weeks ago. It's great to be back and I'm having a great time blowing stuff up on Torchbearer. Good to see some old names checking in here too. I remember taking a year and a half to level my first 50 when I started COH and this time it only took me a week just through normal play. Looking to reconnect with my friends on Liberty, shout-out to the sisterhood and friends.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Good day all, I started in issue 2, my first character was Varine, a gravity/empathy controller. When I got onto HC she was my first build again, right down to the costume too.  I'm on Excelsior now, I can't recall many of the names of the people I gamed with back in the day, so if you remember me send me a msg in game.

I played on Freedom also but Liberty server was my home 

Have a good day, and I'll see you in the city!

• Like 1

Ms. Darknight (@doggirl) here... Liberty from start to finish.  I'm super late to the party, just downloaded the game a few days ago and trying to get my bearings back!  

Rolled up on Everlasting, but it looks like a lot of Liberty folk are on Excelsior,  so I might have to reroll a few over there and see if I can connect with anyone.  I'm so so glad to be back! 

(GEL, I got misty eyed when I saw your name as I was scrolling through....)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Infernal!

I was hoping to find you here.

I forget which of my characters you teamed with most. There was Jade Ray, Max.Power, Scots Shield, Cheetah Chrome, Striker Squirrel, Jade Locust, Phoebus Apollo, Gunmetal Grey, Jade Juggernaut and at least one more defender and controller at 50 that I can't recall.

I just remade Jade Ray on Excelsior, yesterday, but if you've made TCO on Indomitible, I'll have to pop over there are maybe actually join it this time.

omg omg omg.. is this for real..  I just happened to search for whatever cov/coh stuff was around and wham.. do my eyes  decieve me? is this for rizzle dizzle?  I cant wait to get my "KnightBreed" Dom/Cor Draining the substance from fools.. man I used to love this game on Liberty servers.. wow.. soo long ago.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I don't know how I didn't find out about this being a thing again until yesterday, but the nostalgia it's brought back is intense. Liberty was my home from login until sunset, and I was a proud member of the Heroes Helping Heroes SG as Geronimo69.  Seeing so many familiar handles on here just makes me look forward to joining you all in-game sooner rather than later.  Can't wait to see the familiar places again and get back into the action as it were.  So much has changed, as life tends to do, but it's so good to see that this game has returned, along with so many of the heroes I knew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just learned about this website and the whole Homecoming thing today.  Not sure if I'm going to play much, but I prob will at least make an avatar at some point.  It's just opening up a box full of so many emotions for me, most good, some bad. 

But a chance to see and work with some of my old friends is pretty hard to pass up.  So, Kurrent from The Sisterhood and the Looney Bin checking in.

K

screenshot_121201-01-12-42.jpg

• Thanks 1

And Tink, Daisy, Fraz, Pro, Kal, Rose, I miss all of you terribly.  You were incredible people and great friends, and you got me through some pretty rough times.  I can never tell you enough how much I love and appreciate each of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I redid this post because I really didn't like the way I came across, and I can do better than that.

I'm testing the waters with Homecoming, because as much as I loved CoX and dearly miss my friends and Sisters, I'm not sure I really want to come back to this full-force.  I had some fantastic highs and wonderful times, but I also had some really hard times, too.  I've tried very hard to focus on the good and forget the bad, but just going the messages on these forums pokes at some painful memories.  That said, I'm not sure if I can handle jumping right back in.  I loved my family and friends on CoX, even when they sometimes drove me crazy (and I sometimes did the same to them).  I've made a few characters on different servers, and I haven't really settled in on one yet. 

Someone has already claimed my name as a global ID (@Kurrent), so as of now, that ID is NOT me.  My name's also already been claimed on Excelsior, so again, if you see a character Kurrent on Excelsior, it's NOT me.  I'm using @JoKurrent as my global ID, so feel free to contact me there.  I've sent a message to the current holder of @Kurrent to see if he/she might be willing to trade (or be bribed), and if that helps, I'll post an update here.

If I come back, it's going to be someone older, wiser and with more scars.  I have no axe to grind or grudges to hold, nor do I have anything to prove.  I still have many characters dying to be brought to life, and writing doesn't let me bring them to life quickly enough for my taste.  Maybe Homecoming will. 

To any of my old friends and Sisters, feel free to reply, either here to to @JoKurrent in game.  I'd love to see you and think about good memories and bury bad ones, and maybe we could make some new good ones while we're at it.  I've never found a force or family like my Sisters anywhere else, and I'm proud to have been a part of you for the last fifteen years.  Maybe we actually do get another chapter to write in this story.

K

Edited by Kurrent
update
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, Kurrent said:

I redid this post because I really didn't like the way I came across, and I can do better than that.

I'm testing the waters with Homecoming, because as much as I loved CoX and dearly miss my friends and Sisters, I'm not sure I really want to come back to this full-force.  I had some fantastic highs and wonderful times, but I also had some really hard times, too.  I've tried very hard to focus on the good and forget the bad, but just going the messages on these forums pokes at some painful memories.  That said, I'm not sure if I can handle jumping right back in.  I loved my family and friends on CoX, even when they sometimes drove me crazy (and I sometimes did the same to them).  I've made a few characters on different servers, and I haven't really settled in on one yet. 

Someone has already claimed my name as a global ID (@Kurrent), so as of now, that ID is NOT me.  My name's also already been claimed on Excelsior, so again, if you see a character Kurrent on Excelsior, it's NOT me.  I'm using @JoKurrent as my global ID, so feel free to contact me there.  I've sent a message to the current holder of @Kurrent to see if he/she might be willing to trade (or be bribed), and if that helps, I'll post an update here.

If I come back, it's going to be someone older, wiser and with more scars.  I have no axe to grind or grudges to hold, nor do I have anything to prove.  I still have many characters dying to be brought to life, and writing doesn't let me bring them to life quickly enough for my taste.  Maybe Homecoming will. 

To any of my old friends and Sisters, feel free to reply, either here to to @JoKurrent in game.  I'd love to see you and think about good memories and bury bad ones, and maybe we could make some new good ones while we're at it.  I've never found a force or family like my Sisters anywhere else, and I'm proud to have been a part of you for the last fifteen years.  Maybe we actually do get another chapter to write in this story.

K

I remember that name. 😉. Welcome back Kurrent

• Like 1

@Kalkin here - been playing on Excelsior off and on since the Homecoming relaunch. 
Was part of the 'Sisterhood Friends' channel and shared the nickname "Kal" with @Kallor (he had it longer than I did). 🙂  

My main back on Live Liberty was ArcherBot, a TA/A Defender....and a pile of alts.
Now playing a scrapperish DP/MA blaster.....and a new pile of alts (one of whom is a new ArcherBot). 

Been away for the last couple of months (that darn Work/Life Game keeps taking up so much time), just logged in again today for the first time in a while and am catching up on the forums.

My wife @RoseVortex received her first double-lung transplant in September 2008 (on her birthday), with support from a lot of the Sisterhood folks.  WarWitch the Dev sent us an awesome care package including an Arachnos Cape which RoseV wore around the hospital during recovery. 
2528_original.thumb.jpg.d33e77f194e30911752d3d460ca54c95.jpg

RoseV had a second double-lung transplant in January 2016, and she wore her cape around the hospital again.

12592766_10207236339120496_1189999359915227162_n.thumb.jpg.9f8e41865c7ac5cdff0922dee9f11da4.jpg
Rose has now been breathing with someone else's lungs for over 11 years now.  A Willpower Scrapper IRL.  Our organ donors are heroes, and I can't thank them enough for helping RoseV get the time to get back to her city. She kept the original install folder (through 2 laptop upgrades) just in case.
She has played a little bit on Excelsior, and I will try and drag her into more as her health permits.

See you around Paragon.

Edited by Kalkin
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1