I made an oopsie.

macskull

As part of my regularly scheduled marketeering I lowballed a stack of some purples before I left for work today. I came back to find out that all my bids had filled... and when I went to check, I discovered that I'd added an extra zero so I ended up buying 10 purples at 150 million each!

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here crying.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

#richpeopleproblems

+1 Inf for the laugh Murcielago

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 3 weeks later

#richpeopleproblems

I know right. Can you believe you can only hold 2 billion inf on each character and can only email 999,999,999 inf at a time. It is such a pain in the ass.

Crap I better start buying some stuff.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, macskull said:

As part of my regularly scheduled marketeering I lowballed a stack of some purples before I left for work today. I came back to find out that all my bids had filled... and when I went to check, I discovered that I'd added an extra zero so I ended up buying 10 purples at 150 million each!

Duuuuuude.  That really sucks. 🤯

On 6/28/2019 at 3:53 AM, macskull said:

I also added an extra digit and bought a tanker ATO for 80.111.111 million, been crying for a while already.

You should take solace in the fact that your 150 million influence commission will keep the lights on at Wentworth's for another month, at least. The hardworking employees there might even get a bonus. Might even help them install some better security for those raids they keep experiencing.

1 hour ago, Deuce Spade said:

I bought a Titanium Coating today for 25,600,000.  Was changing 2,500,000 to 2,600,000 for a bid and didn't check my numbers.  Ouch.  I only had 33 million total.

I received a kind offer from a community member to cover my losses, so I thought I'd post and say I can farm more influence, I was just poor momentarily from buying sets.  CoH players were always awesome that way though. 🙂

• Like 1

I found this is the best place for the first post.

Congragulations to the 10 lucky winners of 4.200.000 in exchange for their Conspiratorial Evidence!!!!

You guys deserve it 🤣

Edited by Okashi

On 7/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, srmalloy said:

I saw the sale history on enhancement catalysts the other day where someone had suffered from a zero spasm and bought one for 100,000,000 inf -- about 1,000 times what the running average seems to be.

I benefited from one of these last weekend. Someone paid 100M for one of my Enhancement Converters. I both feel bad and am quite grateful. It's a huge leg up for someone still just getting restarted and fitting out that first build, but I really hope the person who did it is so wealthy that they could laugh off the mistake.