Connected badge

Vanden

According to the wiki, this badge is for running Vincent Ross's arc while doing side objectives for one of your other contacts. I started the arc in a flashback and was able to talk to Lorenz Ansaldo to get the first optional objective in the first mission. However, Lorenz wouldn't talk to me before the second mission and the radio at the beginning of the second mission did nothing when I clicked on it. The wiki doesn't seem to have any info on how exactly this should work, so I restarted the flashback in case it had bugged out, but the second try didn't go any differently. Am I missing something here? Is the badge bugged out through flashback?

I got this badge through flashback using Lorenz Ansaldo, after failing it once I talked to him in person at every mission update and checked for the radio on every mission to ensure I didn't miss any steps.  It was overkill amounts of double-checking, but it worked.  I also had completed Lorenz's story arcs through flashback prior to this, though I'm not certain Oro checks for that.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

I don't recall exactly if Lorenz comes in at all on the second mission, but I do remember him having an objective on the third?  But only if you spoke to him before the first mission and/or via radio at the start of the third mission.  I ran this several weeks ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

• 2 months later

I got this badge the other night. 

After accepting the arc from Vincent Ross, go talk to one of the contacts and they will ask you to work with them (I used lorenzo). Upon entering the first mission the radio near the door will give you further instructions. I just made a habit of visiting the contact directly after every mission (some they wouldn't talk to me). But i think 2 or 3 times they gave me dialogue when speaking with them. Every time you enter the mission just click on the radio and it will give you a side quest (usually when the contact gave you dialogue). You will know if you completed it if on the last mission, the contact you spoke to spawns to help you out. I did this arc three times before I finally got this combination above to work for me, was a pain. 

• 5 months later

Just got this one this morning and, like others here, it took me several tries. The aggravating thing is there's nothing particularly hard about getting the badge—there are just several steps you have to take which aren't readily apparent. So, in the interest of helping others, here's my lessons:

1) When you first talk to Vincent the mission text mentions three other NPCs you can talk to:  Vince Dubrowski, Lorenz Ansaldo or Diviner Maros. You can only chose one of the three. I picked Vince.

2) Before entering the first mission go talk to whichever contact you want to run with.

3) Upon entering the mission there is a radio on the ground right inside the door. It's below eye level and doesn't have the glowie sound so it's easy to overlook. You have to use this to talk to your contact in order to spawn the mission objective they want you to pursue. For Vince this was to defeat a named character.

4) According to the mission text only Maros has an objective in the second mission. I can confirm that Vince does not.

5) Talk and use the radio for the third and fourth missions. For Vince these were both to find the glowie.

6) For the fifth mission, even though you won't be prompted to talk to your contact, go talk to them anyway. They should promise to help you. If they don't, you probably missed one of their missions.

7) Once inside the fifth mission, use the radio just like before. Your contact will show up and fight by your side—even inside the blood gem. You get the badge once this mission is complete. Important: You have to actually summon the contact in order to get the badge. Despite what ParagonWiki implies, completing their side missions  is not sufficient.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ulysses Dare said:

...and, like others here, it took me several tries.

Same.  Several of the Accomplishment badges (redside?) have pre-requisites.  The Mr. G story requires you to have the Bane of Ajax badge from the very beginning.  Plus, you have to jump through a few hoops along the way.  Number 6's arc has some requirements for each mission.  Those are the biggest two (plus Vincent Ross' arc) that are more complex than a typical blueside click-through.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

21 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Same.  Several of the Accomplishment badges (redside?) have pre-requisites.  The Mr. G story requires you to have the Bane of Ajax badge from the very beginning.  Plus, you have to jump through a few hoops along the way.  Number 6's arc has some requirements for each mission.  Those are the biggest two (plus Vincent Ross' arc) that are more complex than a typical blueside click-through.

Another reason to love red side.

• Like 1

• 3 months later
On 2/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ulysses Dare said:

Just got this one this morning and, like others here, it took me several tries. The aggravating thing is there's nothing particularly hard about getting the badge—there are just several steps you have to take which aren't readily apparent. So, in the interest of helping others, here's my lessons:

1) When you first talk to Vincent the mission text mentions three other NPCs you can talk to:  Vince Dubrowski, Lorenz Ansaldo or Diviner Maros. You can only chose one of the three. I picked Vince.

2) Before entering the first mission go talk to whichever contact you want to run with.

3) Upon entering the mission there is a radio on the ground right inside the door. It's below eye level and doesn't have the glowie sound so it's easy to overlook. You have to use this to talk to your contact in order to spawn the mission objective they want you to pursue. For Vince this was to defeat a named character.

4) According to the mission text only Maros has an objective in the second mission. I can confirm that Vince does not.

5) Talk and use the radio for the third and fourth missions. For Vince these were both to find the glowie.

6) For the fifth mission, even though you won't be prompted to talk to your contact, go talk to them anyway. They should promise to help you. If they don't, you probably missed one of their missions.

7) Once inside the fifth mission, use the radio just like before. Your contact will show up and fight by your side—even inside the blood gem. You get the badge once this mission is complete. Important: You have to actually summon the contact in order to get the badge. Despite what ParagonWiki implies, completing their side missions  is not sufficient.

Awesome info...I got afraid I did something wrong when I got into the 2nd mission and the radio didn't work for me!  *whew*

I chose Lorenz as my helper as Vince doesn't show up at all in the zone.  I took an Ouro story arc that he gives and "teleport to contact" and I get zoned to Sharkhead but there is no Vince anywhere....

Edited:  Okay, so it looks like you HAVE to talk to the secondary contact first BEFORE you enter the mission(s).  I got to the 3rd mission and the radio didn't work.  I quit the TF and restarted and then talked to Lorenz  before I entered the 3rd mission and the radio worked.

Edited by energizing_ion
  • Thumbs Up 1