Earth/savage

Brutal Justice

I have been thinking about making an earth/savage for a while.  Mostly I want to make a /savage so I can throw bees and crows at people.  I picked earth because I need an earth control toon.  Is there any synergy between these two sets?  If /savage will synergise better with a different primary then I might go with that and just make two different toons.  Also, I haven’t seen much on /savage so I don’t know about it’s lvl of performance. Is it bottom tier or just new and not many people are playing it yet?

Thanks

Guardian survivor

As Savage Assault doesn't really have a lot of noteworthy secondary effects (besides damage), there isn't a lot of synergy with anything. However, the "Spot Prey" power grants a really nice to-hit bonus (and okay sized damage bonus, plus perception) which lasts for a godly 25 seconds (so its easy to get perma), so along with earth control, you will likely be the kind of hitting everything. Be sure to note, the set is rather melee focused and its quite inadvisable to skip those.

I would generally start combat from a distance, first with Spot Prey, then graciously applying Earth Control slows, defense debuffs as well as ravens, then jumping into melee with Feral Charge and finishing them off with powerful melee slashes, reapplying Spot Prey when needed. Use Hawk to finish off tougher Bosses as soon as you reach 5 stacks of Blood Frenzy.

All in all, I find Savage Assault to be a very much underrated set. Its a ton of fun, even though the damage type is quite weak.