Is there a NoFX option for Bio Armor?

Generator

Hey,

Just like the subject line says. I think bio armor has some interesting looking powers, but the effects are ugly, asymmetrical, and totally obscure your costume the last I looked. Is there an option to not look like you just fell off the tumor truck?

Later on,

Generator

Yes, with one minor exception: The temporary absorption shield that you click to activate, don't remember the name, the "no FX" option will show the blob armor for a second, but it bursts immediately and you go back to normal.  Otherwise, there ARE visuals in the form of pulsing and particle effects, but no blob armor.  I'm OK with that, personally, I think the non-blob effects look cool.

Yes, with one minor exception: The temporary absorption shield that you click to activate, don't remember the name, the "no FX" option will show the blob armor for a second, but it bursts immediately and you go back to normal.  Otherwise, there ARE visuals in the form of pulsing and particle effects, but no blob armor.  I'm OK with that, personally, I think the non-blob effects look cool.

Ablative Armor. And the full FX version does the same.

Whenever you want your fx not to show, you can use these macros. (I like it for my fire farmer so I can see the action/baddies better.) Remeber, when you have them turned off, weapons will not show either.

Hide:  /macro NoFX "suppressCloseFx 1"

Show:  /macro FX "suppressCloseFxDist 0"

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

There is also some yellow electrical crap you can't get rid of...i made a guy hoping to use bio NoFX and it basically ruined the character.

There's this bio-pulsing effect, yes. You can turn off the asymetrical shell but it's a bit like with Ice Armour.

hi

I'm using Rad armor but i don't want the fx that these powers show, i've tryed the no fx macro but it didn't do a thing and i can't find anyway to toggle it of in the options (i'm probably missing something). Is there anyway to turn these off.

There is also some yellow electrical crap you can't get rid of...i made a guy hoping to use bio NoFX and it basically ruined the character.

You can do the color to tintable option to make it a different color. Then choose minimal effects for the toggles.  That’s what I do. I tint the other stuff a dark red and it goes pretty good with the rest of my costume.

This is why I abandoned my */Bio character.  Even with Minimal FX selected, the yellow/green* pulsing electrical effect just ruined the immersion for me.  Maybe I'll revisit it again some day when I have  proper concept for a character with those effects.

(*: Yes, I changed the power set colors, which seemed to have no effect whatsoever.)

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

This is why I abandoned my */Bio character.  Even with Minimal FX selected, the yellow/green* pulsing electrical effect just ruined the immersion for me.  Maybe I'll revisit it again some day when I have  proper concept for a character with those effects.

(*: Yes, I changed the power set colors, which seemed to have no effect whatsoever.)

Changing the colors does change the green/yellow affects. Otherwise I would not use bio. Just got to make sure you do it for each power (minus the minimal fx powers) including each adaptation. One time I forgot to to change offensive adaptations color scheme and it was the ugly green/yellow. Went in and changed it dark red. Looked a lot better to me.