Sky on the Ground?

El Furioso

I'm trying to recreate the look you see in Pocket D, where you can either see through the glass floor to open sky, or even just open areas of sky in the ground. There doesn't seem to be any sky textures to apply to the floors, and the "Open Sky" style option only applies to ceilings.

Any ideas on how to create this? :)

• 3 weeks later

I'm trying to recreate the look you see in Pocket D, where you can either see through the glass floor to open sky, or even just open areas of sky in the ground. There doesn't seem to be any sky textures to apply to the floors, and the "Open Sky" style option only applies to ceilings.

Any ideas on how to create this? :)

Only way I could think of would be a total PITA or Pain In The--- well, you get the idea.

Anyway, been toying with this idea myself for another type of room and only way I can think of doing it is to build that floor/room outside and below the base. Haven't decided on whether or not to use the "elevator" or "door" with the teleport points though.

Point is that I'm thinking of just rotating those glass panels/windows (can't remember which tab they're in though) and just using those instead of floor tiles. While obviously not nearly as fast to put together as say just using a surface, you *could* drop down a surface, lower it with the shift key to wherever you wanted and use that as a base to lay the glass on top of before just selling it. People do the same to build on top of the base, so, should work just as easily below it too, right? Besides, from what I understand, there's waaaay more room under the base than above it.

So, since the room/floor/whatever is *under* the base, folks won't see it when they look down- just the default sky. Trick is to be sure that it's the lowest thing that you build otherwise, they'd see whatever you make below it.

Now, I haven't checked the other default skys but, I was thinking it should look pretty darned cool with the space- which was what I had in mind but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Still, it's an idea so, thought I'd throw it out there on the off chance it might actually work for you or if not you in particular, someone else at some point. LOL.

Even outside of the base the base zones have a natural "floor" and "ceiling" that you can't move beyond. If you drop off the edge of base, you'll land on the floor. Or if you fly up you'll eventually hit the ceiling.

When you're all the way down, you can't even see the base any more.

The best way to get a glass floor would be to lower a huge surface all the way down there with the shift key and room clipping on. (Dock 2 or Ruined Platform would be good for this). Then using "Surface" place "Glass Floor" on top of it. When you're happy with how much glass floor you've placed, remove the Dock 2/Ruined Platform. And don't forget to put a teleport point or the Secret Entrance there so you can get back easily.

I've discovered with room clipping on you use the shift key to move placed objects above or below these limits. But toons can't move there. (And if you place a teleport point there, any toon that teleports there is frozen in place with the only way to escape is to type /stuck, log out, or click on a nearby teleporter.)

So if you wanted you could put stuff to look at under the floors as well.

Edited by Garble
Re-tested and found you can treat bottom of map like a surface

So I decided to try it out and made a glass floor dance space at the bottom of my SG zone.

a8aIvCW.png?1

Glass floor tiles and glass walls.

oEEvKRE.png?1

The balcony outside has a railing.

YTMT3Q8.png?1

But there isn't really a danger of falling.

Fa7mDua.png?2

• Like 1