Do people have fully IO'd builds already?

HoundsTooth

In the Guides I see people posted level 50 builds that are fully IO'd. I remember IO's being very difficult and expensive to obtain. You had to use the market. With a smaller, inexperienced player base I don't see how using the market is even possible right now.

Do people actually have access to this range of IO's or are these builds they eventually want?

If I were to base this off my time playing and the drop rate of set recipes I've gotten in that time, I'd say no one's gotten fully IO'd out yet. Especially if they're planning on Purple sets. The population isn't all that high and it's only been about, what, a week? Add to that queues and server down time, I think it's a safe assumption to say "not yet".

Then again, it's always possible someone or some few have had the time to play as much as possible with multiple accounts. In which case, they *might* be some IOd out.

Given that nothings guaranteed for permanence, I've been reluctant to think about getting IOs. Not that I haven't been planning plenty of builds...

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I actually think posting builds with IOs in them at this point is pretty silly if they're presented as a guide. If someone is just theorycrafting what they'd like to get that's fine but I wouldn't give actual advice that revolves around getting set IOs.

Considering the very new state of our servers it would probably be more helpful to keep in mind that genuine new characters often don't have enough money for full SOs until they are in their 30s. It's really only once you get to 50 or so and you make a bankroll for all your characters that SOs start to be regularly available. My advice for people asking on the help channel for slotting is "get accuracy for your main attacks, endurance enhancements for stamina, and then see what you can afford."

If you can craft basic IOs at level 25 that's actually a really good thing because they're equivalent to SOs at that point and won't expire. By equivalent I mean the enhancement value of the most common types is 32% vs even level SOs at 33 and -1 SOs at 30. Level 38 IOs (level 40 generics) are 38%, equivalent to +3 green SOs. So if you start making level 25+ IOs at level 22 you will be making a sound investment in enhancements you never have to replace from general leveling, though you may want to tweak them once you hit 50.  (Level 50 IOs are stronger than SOs, and are the most common categories like accuracy and damage will have a value of 42.4%, meaning anything you could stand to 2 1/2 slot can be handled by 2 generic level 50 IOs. Stamina is a great example of something where 2 level 50s is probably good enough unless you have a really edge build.) The other benefit of using level 25+ IOs consistently is that you can sell most or all the SOs you get as drops to start building your bankroll.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I always avoided Wentworths as a way to get anything.  It was sell only; after IOs came into being, there really wasn't any floor under the value of inf other than level 50 SOs that hardly anyone bought any more.  I remembe rwhen you used to get high level TOs as drops.  These, I would keep in the base and use as tokens to transfer inf to lowbies by listing them at fantastic prices.  Then that was made easier as well. 

My IOed out builds were always bought with proceeds from TFs and tip missions.  I ran Architect for tickets and avoided buying salvage as well.  Useless drops got sold. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I agree that it's probably a little silly at this point to post those builds.

I really miss being able to casually purple my toons, but after all this time I'm perfectly happy leveling with sub-optimal builds.  It just feels great to be out there arresting peeps again.

It's been so long I forgot IOs are even a thing! I've been slotting TOs, haha!

Not this guy.  I held off slotting anything until I was 12 and could start using IO-15s.  It's nice to have IOs that, five levels from now, won't vanish like Thanos snapped at my build.

Not this guy.  I held off slotting anything until I was 12 and could start using IO-15s.  It's nice to have IOs that, five levels from now, won't vanish like Thanos snapped at my build.

And the people out farming Madness Mages for the Luck Charms they dropped; those were always the limiter on making the first-tier Accuracy IOs.

I would slot out in 15 IOs at 12, then try to hang on to replace everything with 30s at level 27, because 30s were better than even-level SOs, so from there to 50 your IO slotting just got better.

It also depends on what you mean by "a full set of IO's". It's entirely possible  for some hardcore right now to be running around with a high level scrapper  with slotted Crushing Impacts, Red Fortunes, Doctored Wounds and Titanium Coatings, for example. Filling that out Mako's bites, Luck of the Gamblers, Numina's Convalescence and Aegis  is another thing altogether. A level scrapper decked out with ATO's, PVPIO's, EventIO's and Purples is seperate thing on top of that.

Levelling doing story arcs and TF's should grant enough merits to get a lot of IO sets, the prices are much lower than they were in the official game. Basically, when I post a fully IO'd build, that menas the build I am aiming to get to play the char at lvl 50, but the road to that depends on the habits of each player so I just show where I would like to get and why, leaving to each one how to get there if so they wish.

Are you sure some of those builds being posted weren't ones they had left over from live?  I know I found some of my old builds on an old hard drive a couple years ago.  Just dusted them off myself last night to update to the new free fitness pool stuff.

Okay... here we go... I always got these two mixed up.... thankfully there's still the P-wiki

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Converter_Salvage

Converters can be used by clicking on "Convert" on the enhancement tray. They are Character Bound. Using a converter doesn't force the resulting enhancement to be Character Bound; the resulting enhancement can be traded like any other enhancement of the same type.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Catalyst_Salvage

To use this salvage, enter your enhancement management screen. Click on the power that contains the slotted Archetype Origin enhancement. Once in the combine screen, click on the enhancement you wish to upgrade. This will cause the enhancement to slide into the left combine slot and will cause the Enhancement Catalyst salvage to appear in this screen. Click the Enhancement Catalyst to cause it to slide into the right combine slot. Click Combine to complete.