Flames of Prometheus problem

Hedgefund

I completed the Mortimer Kal SF when I was sub 50 (and have the Promethean badge to prove it) and was rewarded the Flames of Prometheus.

According to the Wiki https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mortimer_Kal_Strike_Force (and my own recollection)

When that character reaches level 50, the power disappears, but they get reward badge under Accomplishments that can be traded in for a Notice of the Well.

However, now that I'm 50, the Flames of Prometheus power is still active and I do not have an Accomplishment badge giving me an option to claim a Notice of the Well.

I was a Rogue when I turned 50.  I hypothesized that maybe I needed to be a full villain, but switching to that didn't help.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to claim my Notice?

ETA additional info:  I reached level 50 on the WST - Ice Mistral SF.  I don't know if that's relevant but I did learn one lesson I feel needs to be passed on - if you reach lvl 50 during a WST , even if you train to 50 and begin earning incarnate xp, you don't get a Notice of the Well reward.

One more edit - I had not done the tip unlocking Mortimer Kal until after all of the events mentioned above.  I thought maybe doing that tip would award the badge needed to create the Notice.  It did not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

ETA additional info:  I reached level 50 on the WST - Ice Mistral SF.  I don't know if that's relevant but I did learn one lesson I feel needs to be passed on - if you reach lvl 50 during a WST , even if you train to 50 and begin earning incarnate xp, you don't get a Notice of the Well reward.

One more edit - I had not done the tip unlocking Mortimer Kal until after all of the events mentioned above.  I thought maybe doing that tip would award the badge needed to create the Notice.  It did not.

Same here, reached level 50 during ITF when it was the weekly strike target (which I just realised 1..2 days afterwards). Nothing received to change the "Flames of Prometheus" into a "Notice of the Well". But I used the tip to unlock Mortimer Kal.

Did an ITF again next day during which the Alpha Slot was unlocked. I chose the incarnate reward but also didn't get a "notice of the Well" (because it was the 2nd weekly playthrough).

Same here, got the power early on, just hit 50 during a Synapse TF. Flames of Prometheus still there. Trained up to 50, same deal, I even have my Alpha slot unlocked and still have the power, but no badge.

• 3 months later

I just hit level 50 on a character with the Promethean badge and the Flames of Prometheus power and I don't see any way to trade it in, either. The wiki says something about a Reward Badge under Accomplishments, but I don't even remember what a reward badge is. But whatever it is, I don't have one.

• 3 months later
  • 1 month later
  • 3 months later

For those looking here for how to get the "Flames of Prometheus" badge (if you are looking at something like Badger & just want to "check it off your list") and can't find the way to "convert" the power (and thus get a Notice of the Well [NotW] Incarnate salvage item), here's how:

NOTE:  You will lose the Flames of Prometheus (FoP) power once you do this.

[Correcting thanks to Veelectric Boogaloo's post - thank you!]

1. Obviously, complete the Mortimer Kal Strike Force (you can be Level 50 when running the Strike Force) - you will get the "Prometheus" badge at this point (not the same badge as the FoP badge)
  2. From the Navigation window (Map, Contact, Mission, Clues, Badges), click on Badges
  3. From the Category menu at the top of Navigation window, click on the field to the right of Category (it is probably set to "Most Recent" at the moment)
  4. From the menu, scroll down & click on Accolades
  5. Scroll down the list of Accolade badges to find "Flames of Prometheus Conversion"
  6. In the bottom right corner of that badge is a white "Convert" button
  7. Click on it to convert your FoP power into a NotW

NOTE:  Until you convert the FoP power into a NotW, it stays active (you will see the icon for it next to your current power effects) even after you reach Level 50 but as Veelectric Boogaloo notes, the buffs it provides are no longer applied to your character.

Edited by Neutrio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neutrio said:

NOTE:  You will lose the Flames of Prometheus (FoP) power once you do this (it stays active even after you reach Level 50).

The icon stays active but if you check your power attributes you'll see the buffs are no longer active past 50.

• 1 year later
On 2/15/2020 at 2:14 AM, Killerhurtz said:

I'm veteran level 75, with all incarnate slots unlocked, still have the temp power and not the badge

I have the same problem.  I converted to a Notice (as advised above) hoping that the badge would pop but... nothing.  Not in Accolades, Achievements or Accomplishments.

I even repeated Mortimer Kal SF and still... nothing.

It's weird: some of us have it, some do not, while seemingly doing the exact same things.