Punching Mastermind

DoctorBorris

I was looking at the fighting pool talents. I can't seem to find a good exact numbers to them, would they be reasonable ona MM? you gotta take kick anyway, how viable would the other two be? Kick on my MM hits decently hard and the animations are blazing fast

Just asking if anyone knows where the new exact numbers are.

I've got a thugs/pain mm who took all the fighting pool attacks, and I was happy with the purchase, so to speak. Now mind you, the "raw dps" isn't super impressive, it's not like playing a brute or a scrapper, but you can knock enemies down, provoke some aggro, and generally keep enemies busy and distracted until your pets finish the job.

I did some informal testing of a Beast/ MM and checked out the values of its 3 attacks vs the fighting, speed, jumping, sorcery and a couple of the Epic pools to see if the attacks were worth taking and slotting. I compared these attacks each slotted with 1 ACC and 3 DMG SO's against the damage of unslotted Brawl vs several even level minions at level 35. Obviously some minions may have resists that skew the numbers slightly, but my results were: Arcane Bolt from Sorcery and Cross Punch from Fighting ranged from 9-9.5x unslotted brawl, Summon Ravens, Summon Hawk (both from Beasts) and Spring Attack from Leaping were 8.2-8.8x unslotted brawl, Fire Blast and Power Blast from the EPPs ranged from 7-8x unslotted brawl, while Flurry, Kick, Jump Kick, Air Superiority, Boxing, Swarm (from beasts, the 1st power) and Ice blast ranged from 6.4x down to 4.97x (in that order) unslotted brawl. Meanwhile, my free Blackwand and Nemesis Staff, while connecting at a lower rate and with a longer recharge, can do from 13.5 to 16 times the damage of unslotted brawl, from what I can tell.

So my conclusions for myself were (1) the initial attack power from my primary is lower in damage than most pool attacks (though may have some secondary effects), (2) most of the attacks in the other pools aren't much better, though Arcane Bolt and some of the early EPP attacks are almost decent (as are the 2nd and 3rd attacks in my primary) so if I want to focus on a more defensive build with Tough and Weave plus maybe some other +DEF, I can respec out of most of the early attack powers and add the EPP powers at a later level, relying partly on Blackwand, Nemesis Staff, etc. and maybe some purchase temp attacks to fill gaps in the attack chain.

This just makes me wish there was another archetype that uses the "Mastermind" primary, specifically an archetype that's melee primary with the pets set secondary. Because really, I just want to mix savage melee and animal summoning.

The Fighting pools buff Brawl I think, so why not go WoW auto-attack style and just turn on auto-brawl for when you're in melee range?  Punch and Kick from the fighting pool also drain endurance, if you want to feel like you're contributing to an all Elec end-drain team, and Cross Punch is just fun and makes you feel like you have a Street Justice mastermind.

I really enjoy my Demon/Rad MM and his flame whip attacks.  Even if their DPS is the suck, they give out -9% damage resist, which is like half of Enervating Field, so that might scratch your itch to have a scrapping/blapping mastermind.