Slotting for resistance to knockback?

Dark Ignitros

I am running a level 50 fire/kin troller. I was wondering if I am overslotting for knockback. I currently have acrobatics which gives 9.0 Mag resist, a Karma knockback proc in combat jumping for another 4.0 Mag, and a steadfast protection knockback proc in tough for another 4.0 giving me a total of 17.0 Mag resist to knockback. Is this overkil or can I just remove the 2 procs and slot with something different?

Acrobatics alone is all you need.

Heck you dont even need that if you have a spare slot. 99% of the time a single -4 KB enhancer will see you through. You'll occasionally take a KB through that but it'll be rare enough you wont feel you need more.

In general, -4 is plenty, -8 is pointless, -9+ is solid.

That seems counter-intuitive, I know, but there is a reason:

MOST KB in PVE, is mag 4 or below, so if you have -4 kb, you will be protected from most KB you'll face.

Most KB that is above mag 4 is also above mag 8. So there is very little benefit of slotting 2 -4 KB IOs.

-9 will protect you from just about anything in the game, aside from a few things that have cheater magnitude KB that will even throw around a level 50 tank.

As a controller, you really don't need more than the -4 from one of the IOs, if you can find another power for more benefit than Acrobatics.

When I am slotting like a /fire brute (also no inherent KB protection), I usually shoot for -10 or -11, in form of either Steadfast, Karma, and a -3 bonus from a PVP set, or Steadfast OR Karma, and 2 of the -3 set bonuses. (Fury of the Gladiator and Gladiator's Armor both give -3 at 3 slots.)

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

-4 will be fine in most cases.

-8 will allow you to effectively tank about 90% of the game.

No matter how much you slot, Reichsman is still going to bounce you around.

If you have two slots for -KB IOs, you REALLY don't need Acrobatics (and I've always viewed the power as a waste of a pick and slots).

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

-4 will be fine in most cases.

-8 will allow you to effectively tank about 90% of the game.

No matter how much you slot, Reichsman is still going to bounce you around.

If you have two slots for -KB IOs, you REALLY don't need Acrobatics (and I've always viewed the power as a waste of a pick and slots).

Agreed, 4 is solid, problem is against a tough foe that is knocking you down.... you will look back on your choice of 4 while staring at the ceiling tiles wondering if that extra damage your not using at the moment was worth it  :P

• 2 weeks later