Pylon Damage Thread....for MM!

BGSacho

Everyone has been using Degen Core but wouldn't Degen Radial be better on an MM? Radial's 25% chance to regen debuff + 75% chance to apply toxic DoT vs Core's 75% chance to regen debuff and 25% chance to apply toxic DoT.

I would imagine 6 pets could max stacks with a 25% chance as easily as a single hero with a 75% chance. Toxic damage would be greatly improved.

Coming as a melee player, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy/appreciate seeing experimental results from other ATs, and also - those are some really impressive times. 

I imagine that MM pylon runs are going to have a high skill cap and a lot of swing in performance, based on your ability to keep pets alive and on-task, and require a lot of planning and focus to get the best results from.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I just tried my Necro/Time/Soul completed build, with 0 incarnate abilities (not even a T1 Alpha). Based on this formula: ((30677.15+(102.26*Time))/Time)/(0.8)) and my Necro's time of 5:11 minutes (or 311 seconds), my incarnate-less level 50 build is doing 251.12 DPS.

The toughest part was constantly keeping the pylon's attention on myself, unfortunately there were several times where it targeted my Grave Knights and would kill them, forcing me to resummon them and rebuff them. I was also running out of endurance constantly (probably because of the resummoning). I want to see what the numbers look like once I incarnate her out (this was not on Justin).

*Interestingly, I noticed my GKs were sometimes double stacking their Build Up from the purple pet set.

*Interestingly, I noticed my GKs were sometimes double stacking their Build Up from the purple pet set.

It's pretty common. I did a one minute video with Soulbound slotted in Soldiers. Soulbound activated about 22 times, and double stacked 10 times, in 60 seconds.

Sorry, I'm not posting my builds anymore. Last one I posted, someone used it, didn't say thanks/didn't give credit. I made a snarky remark about stealing my build and got berated saying I can't read and says he got the build on another forum. It's too bad too because several people have been asking me for my Scrapper/Stalker/MM builds which I would have shared before, but decline now.

If you post a build, I'll give advice/critique it.

yeah, i'm done with reddit as well not to mention all of the pm's I get here for builds already on the forums.

can't wait until the ADD morons start 'naming' their builds in order to gain youtube fame or some shit.

You both have my appreciation for the builds and feedback you post.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

My build is very suboptimal for a test like this. I would need to get a taunt skill to get the full measure of the dps capable of demons/time.

Hellfire Gargoyle: 63dps

Demon Prince: 46.8dps

Living Hellfire: 43dps

Cold Demonling: 32.9dps

Ember Demon: 26dps

Hellfire Demonling: 23.8dps

Fiery Demonling: 23dps

Me: 7.6dps (crack whip)

kill time: 120mins

Reactive Partial Radial Conversion

Vigor Partial Core Revamp (the endurance reduction seems to be working for the demons themselves as they no longer have energy issues since I picked it up)

Assault Partial Radial Graft

Clarion Partial Core

I started the battle with Clarion so my pets suffered no knocked backs until it wore off which led to the Demon Prince spending a lot of time from that point on his rear. I would say all the demons  lost roughly 15% dps because of knockbacks with the prince possibly in the 25-35% range.

Hellfire Golem was getting the Hell on Earth skill and Temporal Selection; I meant to be targeting my Demon Prince but my bind was acting funky.

There no questions about the power of the Hell on Earth skill. The Living Hellfires accounted for 16.2% of the total dmg done!

Sorry, I'm not posting my builds anymore. Last one I posted, someone used it, didn't say thanks/didn't give credit. I made a snarky remark about stealing my build and got berated saying I can't read and says he got the build on another forum. It's too bad too because several people have been asking me for my Scrapper/Stalker/MM builds which I would have shared before, but decline now.

This is really confusing to me. Why stop sharing info because of one person?

yeah, i'm done with reddit as well not to mention all of the pm's I get here for builds already on the forums.

can't wait until the ADD morons start 'naming' their builds in order to gain youtube fame or some shit.

You both have my appreciation for the builds and feedback you post.

I appreciate that, thank you.

Degen was established on the old pylon thread to be the best overall for dropping a tough target. back then the dot from reactive did good damage.

in i24 the dot damage was nerfed hard for all of the powers, making Degen the best overall now. it makes a MASSIVE dent in your kill times.

Do we have details on how Interface DoTs were nerfed? 

Was wondering the same, I haven't heard anything about that.

there is a thread out there with some data...on the scrapper forum I think..buried in another thread.

the dots used to tick for upwards of 70 per tick pre shutdown. today they tickle.

Not sure what Tropic Thunder has to do with this, but... thanks?

Interface is the Dot playing a Dot disguised as another Dot...?

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Was wondering the same, I haven't heard anything about that.

there is a thread out there with some data...on the scrapper forum I think..buried in another thread.

the dots used to tick for upwards of 70 per tick pre shutdown. today they tickle.

It used to be a maximum of 5 ticks of 13.36 damage per DoT stack (max of 8 stacks).  The wrinkle was that each tick of the DoT apparently had a chance to fail, like the DoTs on Fire attacks.

This would have worked out to something like 50 damage per attack added on average, which is quite good.

Based on what I'm hearing now, though, the DoT effects on Interface powers are less than an afterthought.  I'm interested to figure out exactly why.

• 3 weeks later
On 7/4/2019 at 9:24 PM, StrikerFox said:

I tell you its a catch 22. 

I posted my DP Kin build thinking it was max and someone else made it better. 

But I get it.

No one has yet posted a better robot traps in the thread. 

• 3 weeks later

I've been tweaking a Thugs/Dark build and I can finally show some results. This first run is a showcase of the power of dark's debuffs - you can see the pylon at various points being at close to 0% regen, 35% hit(through 87% debuff resistance!), -90% damage... I'll try to include a screenshot of SNBR with the next run.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BGSacho said:

I've been tweaking a Thugs/Dark build and I can finally show some results. This first run is a showcase of the power of dark's debuffs - you can see the pylon at various points being at close to 0% regen, 35% hit(through 87% debuff resistance!), -90% damage... I'll try to include a screenshot of SNBR with the next run.

IS SNBR still working for you? Mine stopped working after the last Homecoming update.

57 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

IS SNBR still working for you? Mine stopped working after the last Homecoming update.

Yup - I'm using a 0.051 update that the author posted a while back, maybe that helps.

Anyway, here's another ~1:20 run, this time I can provide SNBR, build, and analysis.

Here is the build(Hero Designer). Keep in mind, the build is in the "experimental" phase at the moment, I wouldn't call it complete and settled.

The interfaces used are: Alpha Musculature Radial, Hybrid Assauld Radial, Destiny Clarion Radial, Interface Degenerative Radial

And the video:

SNBR overall DPS(keep in mind that SNBR doesn't process some damage events, e.g. Doublehit from Hybrid Assault Radial):
snbr_1.png.0a41d4f78105f8b7f381b8d50a6d71c6.png

The major difference from my previous builds is the very high personal DPS. Usually I would be down just below the Punks. The combo of dual wield + cross punch is great on paper - with both of them having force feedback and decent procs, the dps is (visibly) high. However, there seems to be a redraw issue with using cross punch - I can't quite tell but it seems like the redraw really slows down the normally fast dual wield.

Earlier in this thread I wrote that degenerative's dot was pretty minor. I was wrong. Switching from Core to Radial has turned my Interface into a core part of my DPS. It deals 10% of the bruiser's dmg, 15% of the enforcers', and 20%! of the punk's. I think this is due to the way "chance to hit" dots work. Each tick of the dot if it fails to hit, it will sputter out and not even try more ticks. The Degenerative Core is a 25% chance, so it would very rarely proc more than 1 dot tick. The Degenerative Radial at 75% gives you a respectable chance. I'm not sure if it also has a higher chance of proccing in the first place, but the end result is that the damage on the Radial vastly outperforms the Core. 

The bruiser's DPS can vary quite a bit depending on when he uses knockout blow. In this run, he only used 2 haymakers and knockout blows. Sometimes he'll get locked into a jab/punch rotation, sometimes he'll decide to hurl in melee range...I think his dps can go all the way up to 80 if he is smart with his skills.

Here's a sample Knockout Blow and why it's important that he uses more of them:

Bruiser:  Bruiser pulverizes Rikti Pylon with their Knockout Blow for 642.12 points of smashing damage!
Bruiser:  You hold Rikti Pylon with your Knockout Blow!
Bruiser:  You have knocked Rikti Pylon off their feet with your Knockout Blow!
Bruiser:  Rikti Pylon takes 97.57 points of bonus Smashing damage!
Bruiser:  Your Doublehit hits for 253.99 points of Energy damage!
Bruiser:  Your Degenerative Interface poisons Rikti Pylon for 14.55 points of toxic damage!

The enforcers are usually very solid, and hover between 35 dps and 45 dps. Procs make up 30-40% of their DPS. My build manages to squeeze in both -Def Procs *and* Achilles Heel into their slotting, admittedly sacrificing some other stats. Luckily, thugs have boatloads of accuracy - Their powers have an innate 1.1 accuracy modifier, and between my tactics and the enforcers' you're looking at +15% tohit. 

The punks will usually perform well(I think this is them slightly overperforming), but they're the most likely ones to be gibbed. It takes a lot of auras to softcap your pets, many of which have small ranges - the enforcers have a 30 radius, 2 of the MM auras have 20...it's easy for your pets to wander out of aura range and get whacked by a hit that they can't take. This very much encourages blobbing together on top of your minions.

No posse this attempt - they're honestly not a huge damage boost(even though I have slotted them for accuracy and damage...) - they'll usually do around 30 DPS. They just don't have enough attacks to cycle through. What saves them from complete mediocrity is the combination of interface + doublehit, which is probably 70% of their DPS, if not more.

More runs to come:

- Not forgetting to use Gang War!

- Sneaking in Electrifying Fences for even more -res!

- Replacing Dual Wield with Kick?! 
- Runs with demons/dark to contrast the dps of the primaries!

- A demons/cold?!

Stay tuned!

BONUS! A ~65 second kill:

Edited by BGSacho
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, BGSacho said:

Yup - I'm using a 0.051 update that the author posted a while back, maybe that helps.

Anyway, here's another ~1:20 run, this time I can provide SNBR, build, and analysis.

Here is the build(Hero Designer). Keep in mind, the build is in the "experimental" phase at the moment, I wouldn't call it complete and settled.

The interfaces used are: Alpha Musculature Radial, Hybrid Assauld Radial, Destiny Clarion Radial, Interface Degenerative Radial

And the video:

SNBR overall DPS(keep in mind that SNBR doesn't process some damage events, e.g. Doublehit from Hybrid Assault Radial):
snbr_1.png.0a41d4f78105f8b7f381b8d50a6d71c6.png

The major difference from my previous builds is the very high personal DPS. Usually I would be down just below the Punks. The combo of dual wield + cross punch is great on paper - with both of them having force feedback and decent procs, the dps is (visibly) high. However, there seems to be a redraw issue with using cross punch - I can't quite tell but it seems like the redraw really slows down the normally fast dual wield.

Earlier in this thread I wrote that degenerative's dot was pretty minor. I was wrong. Switching from Core to Radial has turned my Interface into a core part of my DPS. It deals 10% of the bruiser's dmg, 15% of the enforcers', and 20%! of the punk's. I think this is due to the way "chance to hit" dots work. Each tick of the dot if it fails to hit, it will sputter out and not even try more ticks. The Degenerative Core is a 25% chance, so it would very rarely proc more than 1 dot tick. The Degenerative Radial at 75% gives you a respectable chance. I'm not sure if it also has a higher chance of proccing in the first place, but the end result is that the damage on the Radial vastly outperforms the Core. 

The bruiser's DPS can vary quite a bit depending on when he uses knockout blow. In this run, he only used 2 haymakers and knockout blows. Sometimes he'll get locked into a jab/punch rotation, sometimes he'll decide to hurl in melee range...I think his dps can go all the way up to 80 if he is smart with his skills.

Here's a sample Knockout Blow and why it's important that he uses more of them:

Bruiser:  Bruiser pulverizes Rikti Pylon with their Knockout Blow for 642.12 points of smashing damage!
Bruiser:  You hold Rikti Pylon with your Knockout Blow!
Bruiser:  You have knocked Rikti Pylon off their feet with your Knockout Blow!
Bruiser:  Rikti Pylon takes 97.57 points of bonus Smashing damage!
Bruiser:  Your Doublehit hits for 253.99 points of Energy damage!
Bruiser:  Your Degenerative Interface poisons Rikti Pylon for 14.55 points of toxic damage!

The enforcers are usually very solid, and hover between 35 dps and 45 dps. Procs make up 30-40% of their DPS. My build manages to squeeze in both -Def Procs *and* Achilles Heel into their slotting, admittedly sacrificing some other stats. Luckily, thugs have boatloads of accuracy - Their powers have an innate 1.1 accuracy modifier, and between my tactics and the enforcers' you're looking at +15% tohit. 

The punks will usually perform well(I think this is them slightly overperforming), but they're the most likely ones to be gibbed. It takes a lot of auras to softcap your pets, many of which have small ranges - the enforcers have a 30 radius, 2 of the MM auras have 20...it's easy for your pets to wander out of aura range and get whacked by a hit that they can't take. This very much encourages blobbing together on top of your minions.

No posse this attempt - they're honestly not a huge damage boost(even though I have slotted them for accuracy and damage...) - they'll usually do around 30 DPS. They just don't have enough attacks to cycle through. What saves them from complete mediocrity is the combination of interface + doublehit, which is probably 70% of their DPS, if not more.

More runs to come:

- Not forgetting to use Gang War!

- Sneaking in Electrifying Fences for even more -res!

- Replacing Dual Wield with Kick?! 
- Runs with demons/dark to contrast the dps of the primaries!

- A demons/cold?!

Stay tuned!

BONUS! A ~65 second kill:

Good to see another MM seeing the value of personal attacks.

Yes our damage scaling isn't great but I see way too many MMs using that as an excuse to stand (float?) there doing nothing leaving all the heavy lifting to the pets.