Offensive Opportunity

Sunsette

This is by no means an exhaustive sample, but I went around for about an hour in Brickstown, Founders' Falls, Peregrine Island, and Dark Astoria measuring various attacks while Offensive Opportunity was up. My global damage bonus to attacks is +26%. These are my findings:

Attack Name Power Bolt Power Blast Power Push Explosive Blast Nova Cremate Fire Cages
Powerset Energy Blast Energy Blast Energy Blast Energy Blast Energy Blast Fire Mastery Fire Mastery
Attack Type Ranged Ranged Ranged Targeted AoE Point-Blank AoE Melee Targeted AoE
Damage Enhancement 104.61% 103.62% 109.58% 99.64% 101.13% 105.38% 102.96%
Opportunity Damage % 8.74% 8.75% 8.76% 10.27% 0.00% 10.27% 56.78%

Some interesting points:

- Nova literally never appends damage. At first I thought this was because I was one-shotting enemies, so I made sure to move to harder ones. Still nothing. Eventually, I realized the issue: the enemy that takes damage from opportunity is the one targeted for the attack. Fire Cages only gets bonus damage to the one I targeted, not to anyone else. Nova has no target, so... It appears that PBAoEs do not benefit from Offensive Opportunity whatsoever.

- Fire Cages: What the hell. That's an insane relative boost (although the attack is weak to begin with). The Damage percentage is based only on the first tick, but even if you include all three damage ticks, you're looking at nearly 19%. If that was AoE that'd be a lot; since it's not, though...

- Global damage bonuses from Aim, Build-Up, red candy, etc. kept the relationships mostly the same. I saw a slight decline of 1 to 2% points but by the time I thought to test that I was in higher level content where resistance to Energy (which is the type dealt by Opportunity) may have been more common, or it may even be a statistical error. I had less than a hundred samples to hand parse. So while enhancement bonuses do not affect offensive opportunity, global damage bonuses do.

If you can assume roughly 50% Opportunity uptime, and the 50% uptime of Assault Radial Hybrid, for an endgame sentinel you're looking at roughly 2-4% single-target damage contribution from offensive opportunity every cycle.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

I take it back, you are correct.

I'm not seeing any damage from opportunity on PBoEs.

My apologies.

I'm getting similar percentages on everything except targeted aoe, neutron bomb seems to only get 6.35%