Defiant Barrage Proc?

Lazarillo

So the description on this enhancement doesn't go into much detail, and I'm curious as to its level of effectiveness.  It says it procs on average every 20 seconds, but doesn't really say how much it does.  Does it offer straight status protection, or just shorten durations?  How much of whichever does it give?  How long does it last?  Does it stack with itself?  I'm trying to decide where to slot it.

It's really not very good. It's mag 1 mez protection, when most mezzes are mag 3. There's a few that are only mag 2. Maybe the superior version is more protection, but I think it only procs more.

Good to know.  I take it that means it does stack, but not with enough duration to be practical, either?  I'm eyeing the set anyway just kinda for the bonuses, but that might mean I put off slotting that particular enhancer until later in the build.

When I use it (I have it slotted into flares, superior version) my combat stats reports that it stacks.  So if it procs twice, I have 2.0 hold protection, if it procs three times, 3.0, and so on.  This is reported as protection, not resistance, so it isn't duration/resist as pines reports.

I think it's worth slotting in your tier 1/2 or w/e so that you can sometimes break mez when you're blasting through a long duration hold or stun.  It's not bad at all.  It's also not worth fretting over if you can't fit it there and want to use the set somewhere else.  But it is nice.

You can in theory stack it up to three times. Also note that if you put it in an AoE you'll only get one stack even if you have multiple targets.

Personally I opted to stick the set in one of my AoE powers. I tested the proc in my T2 blast while leveling but in the end I didn't find it compelling enough to justify giving up the ranged defense I get from having an extra Thunderstrike in one of my Single Target powers and putting it in an AoE allowed me to replace a Positron's Blast set (effectively giving me a larger recharge bonus and the ranged defense) at the cost of making the proc basically useless.

So overall, it's got good set bonuses but I found the proc itself underwhelming.

Defender Smash!

I find it quite nice and try to fit it in either my T1 or my immobilize (on my main that's two 80 footers anyways); it'll do nothing for you if you're being double-mag3'd but that 1 protection popping up has gotten me out of a lot of weaker holds and sleeps early.

You can in theory stack it up to three times. Also note that if you put it in an AoE you'll only get one stack even if you have multiple targets.

Personally I opted to stick the set in one of my AoE powers. I tested the proc in my T2 blast while leveling but in the end I didn't find it compelling enough to justify giving up the ranged defense I get from having an extra Thunderstrike in one of my Single Target powers and putting it in an AoE allowed me to replace a Positron's Blast set (effectively giving me a larger recharge bonus and the ranged defense) at the cost of making the proc basically useless.

So overall, it's got good set bonuses but I found the proc itself underwhelming.

This is exactly what I did, with the same results.

It's really not very good. It's mag 1 mez protection, when most mezzes are mag 3. There's a few that are only mag 2. Maybe the superior version is more protection, but I think it only procs more.

Erm, acro has mag 2 hold protection. If you slot this into a t1 or t2 attacks it will generally proc once per minute, and you now have mag 3 hold protection.

So yeah, use it with acro, or not at all.

Erm, acro has mag 2 hold protection. If you slot this into a t1 or t2 attacks it will generally proc once per minute, and you now have mag 3 hold protection.

So yeah, use it with acro, or not at all.

Well, that works for Holds, yeah. But there's a lot of stuns and sleeps out there, too.

Admittedly though, the Blaster sets aren't nearly as nice as some other ones like the squids (boost for all three forms) Soldier of Arachnos (whose damage proc is global), Stalker or Sentinel.

Well on the plus side both Blaster sets have good set bonuses which isn't true for all ATs.

Defender Smash!