Forums in most dire need of...

... an art section. Something like "Art and Multimedia Creations."

Seriously the old forums had a thriving one with lots of great stuff happening.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110312075303/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=606

I know cuz I was like all over it n stuff. orangewink_zpse9941604.png

Bonus points if you can assign it 606 as it's URL designation (like roleplaying is 41.0) for nostalgia's sake.

We need a place to talk about game related art/costumes/contests/videos/cosplay/collabs etc etc etc 

Like this birthday gift artz I just made of a friends new hero.

moufette-small.thumb.jpg.5481a9c30d82fb02600a767d9263365a.jpg

• Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

I... really should've seen that coming. tongue-1.gif

Funny, but completely accurate.  It’s an all volunteer team.  So things get done when they get done.  The forum update is definitely coming Sooner than later.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Ooo, people who remember me and/or look familiar but with different names. I do enjoy a good puzzle. nod.gif

I threw it into Suggestions thread that it'd be nice if we had a Fun & Games section.

I do not recognize the word Oubliette but I do recognize that Kanta-Kun avatar and it used to belong to a Red Valkyja (Valkyria?).

Heya Red Val. orange_zpstsukqvtw.png

Christopher!

*waves ecstatically*

You're back! My favorite artist/computer builder!

*deep breath*

Ahem... I mean, yes! I am in agreement that there needs to be an art/creative works section of the forums.

**/me waves back**

Hello!

Okay I do not recognize that name from CoH but something in the way you speak of both my art and computer building makes me think

you are one of the people from the 606 art forums for whom I built a custom computer and that brings the list under a dozen.

Your wording suggests female so I am going to go ahead and call it... Heya Temerous Nox. biggrin_zps21176cb6.gif

If that is you, I still remember those cute Chibis you did of (among others) Xllusya.

Indeed we definitely need an art section for our creative outlets and a

Fun and Games section for bad puns and "caption the pic" type games would be great too!

Funny, but completely accurate.  It’s an all volunteer team.  So things get done when they get done.  The forum update is definitely coming Sooner than later.

*grumble* Mutters something about how an art section should be one of the FIRST

sections to go up on any forum where a half way decent costume creator

is a thing and should never be an afterthought. *grumble* orangewink_zpse9941604.png

Oh very well, I suppose I will try and get the game downloaded and set up and patiently hope for something... Soon™

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

Comic Culture being where we discuss comics, video games, movies too. Not just super hero stuff. It was really great back on Live.

I've been asking for the return of the old Off Topic/Comic Culture forum since the game came back, never had a response :(

Was always my favourite area of the Live forums as well.

Christopher!

*waves ecstatically*

You're back! My favorite artist/computer builder!

*deep breath*

Ahem... I mean, yes! I am in agreement that there needs to be an art/creative works section of the forums.

**/me waves back**

Hello!

Okay I do not recognize that name from CoH but something in the way you speak of both my art and computer building makes me think

you are one of the people from the 606 art forums for whom I built a custom computer and that brings the list under a dozen.

Your wording suggests female so I am going to go ahead and call it... Heya Temerous Nox. biggrin_zps21176cb6.gif

If that is you, I still remember those cute Chibis you did of (among others) Xllusya.

Indeed we definitely need an art section for our creative outlets and a

Fun and Games section for bad puns and "caption the pic" type games would be great too!

Yes! Got it in one!  ;D

I guess I didn't use my global handle as my forum name in the old COH forums. Huh!

The computer you built for me followed me to Mississippi and back to Wisconsin and now lives on as a friend's live-streaming computer. I built my first computer last summer, and I'm super proud of if.

I did manage to back up most of those chibis recently. When we get an art forum, I'll have to repost them.

I'm no artist, but I agree.  If only to beg an artist to make a badass pic of my character.  :P  haha. 

Well, there was quite a thriving art request thread on the 606.

Heck I drew more than a hundred people heroes myself and I am not

even close to being the most prolific artist to do CoH fan art.

Most were B&W like in the o.p. but we also had a collab thread where other people would

come along and color the line art and that led to to some truly epic pieces.

+1

When the time comes...

'Art' and a 'Comic Culture' board.

Comic Culture being where we discuss comics, video games, movies too. Not just super hero stuff. It was really great back on Live.

I've been asking for the return of the old Off Topic/Comic Culture forum since the game came back, never had a response :(

Was always my favourite area of the Live forums as well.

Guess I never saw that one back on live, it wasn't part of the art section that I remember.

Sounds like a good idea to have a place for pop culture outside of the game itself though.

...descriptive Subject lines for threads.

FTW?

Geez that Barney Stinson is huge...

Goliath you might even say. biggrin_zps21176cb6.gif

Yes! Got it in one!  ;D

I guess I didn't use my global handle as my forum name in the old COH forums. Huh!

The computer you built for me followed me to Mississippi and back to Wisconsin and now lives on as a friend's live-streaming computer. I built my first computer last summer, and I'm super proud of if.

I did manage to back up most of those chibis recently. When we get an art forum, I'll have to repost them.

w00t! What did I win???

You used Temerous Nox IIRC and you sometimes mentioned a Gwendolyn Diego.

The only Zemya I remember was briefly on the SoH forums... which was also probably you. tongue-1.gif

Yeah I remember that one. It was a beautiful Silverstone case that I did a stealth mod on so you could have

a DVD-ROM drive without breaking up the black mesh front panel it had in place of the usual plastic slot covers.

I believe it had a blue LED ring around the front power button too didn't it and a silver snowflake badge on the front?

I'm glad to hear it is still in use to this day. :)

Congratulations! There's nothing quite like building something for yourself just the way

you want it while everyone else has to buy "off the rack" is there?

It's almost like a nerd rite of passage.

I have the page that you had 21 of them together saved if you do not. And a solo one you did of Chloe Macomber.

I would love to have the high rez versions of Xllusya and Chloe to add in with all their other fanart if you still have them.

Yes you should definitely make a thread and post them when we get a new 606!

There's an "arts" channel on the CoH: Homecoming Discord that gets regular use.  I agree a forum would be useful, though.  CoH always inspired wonderful art!

Not all of us are on Discord or know how to use it though, oh mighty King of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim (I'm guessing?).

07K1tHnz_o.png

You used Temerous Nox IIRC and you sometimes mentioned a Gwendolyn Diego.

The only Zemya I remember was briefly on the SoH forums... which was also probably you. tongue-1.gif

Yeah I remember that one. It was a beautiful Silverstone case that I did a stealth mod on so you could have

a DVD-ROM drive without breaking up the black mesh front panel it had in place of the usual plastic slot covers.

I believe it had a blue LED ring around the front power button too didn't it and a silver snowflake badge on the front?

I'm glad to hear it is still in use to this day. :)

Congratulations! There's nothing quite like building something for yourself just the way

you want it while everyone else has to buy "off the rack" is there?

It's almost like a nerd rite of passage.

I have the page that you had 21 of them together saved if you do not. And a solo one you did of Chloe Macomber.

I would love to have the high rez versions of Xllusya and Chloe to add in with all their other fanart if you still have them.

Yes you should definitely make a thread and post them when we get a new 606!

ZemyaSoldat was/is my Global ID, after my very first CoV character, Comrade Zemya, who sadly didn't last very long. After the game closed, I started using that as the forum ID for the various successor forums. Gwendolyn Diego is my main character.

I'm not sure if the ones I have are high rez...I lost all the original files in the crash, so these were the ones I dumped in my photobucket. But I'll try to get them to you, either way.

Nice. My global on live was from my first hero (before anyone told

me that whatever you make first becomes your global permanently heh)

and I was on a WWE wrestling kick at the time so I became BigPoppaPump.

I had a half dozen or so mains and a serious case of Alt-itis.

Not sure if I will remake them or make all new stuff... sigh.

Don't get me wrong I am thrilled to be here and return to

CoH but starting all over from scratch is a pretty daunting thought.

Thanks! I can post the one I have later and see if it is the same or better than

what you have, or you could rescan them if you have the original artz somewhere?

07K1tHnz_o.png

General question here, and do correct me if I am wrong here, isn't adding a new page to the forums like a 10 minute affair?

I've put up webpages before and they never really took that long to add new sections. It was adding all

the content that was time consuming but since the users here will be doing the content

addition it should be a quick and straight forward kind of thing right?

Granted those websites were a long while back and did not include forums but that was my experience anyhow.

It's certainly not on the order of adding a new power animation to the game or anything like that.

Zemya: Okay here a smaller version of what I have. The original is 3250x850. I can send it to you if it is

better than what you have backed up and then take it down from here. You can post it

full scale or do what ever else you like when we actually get an art forum.

These were so fun. I was never good at Chibi artz so I was happy anytime one of

my heroes got rendered this way. Xllusya is my favorite here but props for

making Sapphy look all innocent (hah!) while there are loose bird

feathers falling in her vicinity. Oh and  Square W00t (I remember that web comic!)

and DD and Layla Rei (maker of teh plushiz) are great too and Amerikatt makes me grin (anyone

seen that little furball of wonder around here?). Long story short these were great, thanks for including me!

uOqbWi

07K1tHnz_o.png

General question here, and do correct me if I am wrong here, isn't adding a new page to the forums like a 10 minute affair?

I've put up webpages before and they never really took that long to add new sections. It was adding all

the content that was time consuming but since the users here will be doing the content

addition it should be a quick and straight forward kind of thing right?

Granted those websites were a long while back and did not include forums but that was my experience anyhow.

It's certainly not on the order of adding a new power animation to the game or anything like that.

I would have said last week that they just aren't dealing with forum issues until the new software goes in...but then I see that they created this week a bunch of new boards and child boards, so clearly they are still updating.

Maybe try requesting it in the suggestions and feedback section and be very clear in the subject line.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting